Mod Idea: Split Same-Sex Relations Doctrines

Would you be interested in seeing a mod like this be made?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in seeing a mod like this be made?

• Yes
    • No

So if you've ever created/reformed your own religion you've probably noticed that Male and Females have separate Adultery doctrines, which makes sense since genders weren't exactly given equal rights back then. And yet for some reason there's only one Doctrine category for all Same-Sex Relations (Male on Male, Female on Female etc) it's all put under the same umbrella which I find surprising. 

Putting aside the whole controversy with Paradox and the gay marriage scandal, I think it would make sense for the Same-Sex Relations Doctrines to be separate too. There were several cultures in the past which permitted same-sex relations between women (usually the more sexually liberal ones, and usually for their viewing enjoyment) and yet between men it was a completely taboo and forbidden concept and vice versa. So why not give us the option to replicate that? I can't be alone in thinking that would be an interesting idea.

I'm thinking I must be in the minority with wanting something like this as when I first thought of it I was sure a mod would have been made for it already and yet there's no such thing anywhere to be found and nobody seems to talk about it. Closest thing I found was a mod which split the Fornication/Adultery Doctrines.

I thought about creating something like this myself and did try but my mod creating skills are sorely lacking when it comes to things like this. That said, if anyone else is willing to scoop this up for a modding project I'd definitely be amongst the first people to download it so I hope it happens. 

Right now, sodomy is just a thing for male characters. Paradox built several checks in the code to make it only trigger for men.

I'm not sure whether they caught everything, but they even commented the code that it was not a big issue for women historically.

13 hours ago, RichterQ87 said:

Really? I could have sworn I'd seen a woman have the Sodomite trait at one point but I guess not then.

It's definitely possible, the checks are a bit nested and might not always be triggered. But it checks at secret/secret exposure situation and at generation of a new criminal character.

You could use find character in a longer running game to check how common it is for each sex.