Rogg Assaultron Stuff

View File

This is some of the stuff i ended up with while doing some experiments, and i thought others may find it useful.
The contents:

1. Assaultron BodySlide
    The BodySlide is based on Fusion Girl, but Fusion Girl is not needed for this to work.
    Only the basic Assaultron parts and armors are covered (ie. no Construction or Wasteland parts/armors), so depending on your preset, you may get some clipping on robots that wear some Construction/Wasteland parts.

2. Optional OCBP Physics (only for upper torso)
    Be warned, your immersion will suffer as your brain refuses to accept that hard metalic parts can bounce and jiggle.
    For now it is made to replace the original Assaultron Torso and its Factory Torso Armor, so there may be some clipping on robots that use any non-Factory torso armors which are not physics-enabled.

3. Claw with Melee and Laser capabilities
    A new "Laser Claw" allows the robot to use both melee attacks (including the pretty finishers) and ranged laser attacks.

About the Laser Claw

Build the new Assaultron Left/Right Laser Claw, which uses mesh with added projectile node.
Then build the desired laser weapon, found in the hand armor category on the claw.
The more powerful laser you give it, the less likely you will see the robot to use melee - partially because it may kill the enemies before getting within the melee range, partially because the robot may prefer the more powerful laser over the (probably) less powerful melee attack.

If you see laser coming from the robot's feet, its probably because you gave it the vanilla claw by mistake.

To avoid altering any vanilla game data or files, and to avoid conflicts with other Automatron mods, i used the Hand Armor attach point to attach the laser weapons. Otherwise i would have to add a new attach parent keyword which would then have to be added into some Automatron formlist, which i wanted to avoid.

The consequence of using the vanilla Hand Armor slot is that you can install the "Claw Laser" weapons even into the vanilla claw, but because the vanilla claw doesn't have the projectile node, you would see the lasers firing from robot's center at the feet level.

So, make sure you gave the robot the new "Laser Claw".

Compatibility

• Laser Claw
    Should be compatible with anything, as long as the other mod isn't modifying hand and hand armor related attach points on vanilla robot parts.

• BodySlide
    It was made from vanilla robot parts, so if a mod radically changes these parts, or their attach/parent points, then it won't work right.

• OCBP BodySlide
    Same as default BodySlide above.

Requirements

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/01/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Requirements on the description page

Edited by Roggvir
45 minutes ago, Thndrwlkr said:

Vortex is throwing an error on installation.  "Rogg Assaultron Stuff 1.0.0 failed to install.  Invalid XML: The element 'plugin' has incomplete content.  List of possible elements expected: 'files, typeDescriptor'. (Line 23, Pos9)."

Aah, crap. That's what i get for trying to make a FOMOD installer blind, without testing it.
Looks like it wants a typeDescriptor.
Will upload a fix.

57 minutes ago, Thndrwlkr said:

Vortex is throwing an error on installation.  "Rogg Assaultron Stuff 1.0.0 failed to install.  Invalid XML: The element 'plugin' has incomplete content.  List of possible elements expected: 'files, typeDescriptor'. (Line 23, Pos9)."

Hotfix uploaded, can you please try it and confirm the problem has been fixed?

5 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

If that is possible for regular(ish) Assaultrons, would it work out as well for the MAIDs?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/34739?tab=images

I cannot think of any reason why not.
It is just the matter of adding the OCB bones to the skeleton (be it in a singular skeleton NIF, or split accross parts as is the case of vanilla robots - i presume MAID is doing that as well), weighting the meshes to the bones, and enabling the MAID race in the OCBP ini file.
And of course making the BodySlide for it, if that is also desired.

I could do it later, but can't say when, and i don't want to promise anything - i already have several projects i promised i finish soon.

But it isn't that hard, so maybe you can do it yourself or find somebody else to do it (don't be shy and try posting it as a request).
You only need NifSkope and Outfit Studio.
The following wall of text may give an improession that the process is way too complicated and convoluted for an average Joe, but it isn't as bad as it seems.

Robot Skeleton

Spoiler

If the skeleton is split into parts, like in case of vanilla robots, then build a full skeleton using NifSkope, copying the bones hierarchies from the parts into your new skeleton NIF.
Make a copy of the "base" skeleton file - you can find it specified in the Race of the robot in question, for example for AssaultronRace it is "Meshes\Actors\Robot\CharacterAssets\skeleton.nif".
So, make a copy of it somewhere, open it in NifSkope and notice how its mostly empty, contianing only the nodes Root->COM->AnimObjectA, and CharacterBumper.
Keep that file open, and open some robot part in another NifSkope window - you can start with the legs (in case of the Automatron DLC Assaultron its "Actors\DLC01\Robot\Parts\Assaultron\DLC01_LegsAssaultron.nif" - or you can find out what file it is in the appropriate OMOD record for your desired robot legs).
Note that the node hierarchy in the legs starts with "C-BotLegs" - this is the named "connection point" which the game uses to know where and how to connect the robot parts together.
In the parent mesh (which is the base skeleton file), you can see something called "BSConnectPoint::Parents" and if you look into it, it tells you that "C-BotLegs" go into parent node "COM" and how to translate (move), rotate, and scale the "C-BotLegs" node once it gets attached to the "COM" node.
So, switch to the NifSkope with the legs file open, find the "C-BotLegs" node in the Block List, select it and press Ctrl+C (or right click and select "Block -> Copy Branch" - important: it has to be "Copy Branch", not just "Copy").
Then switch to the NifSkope with the base skeleton open, find the "COM" node in the Block List, select it by clicking on it, and press Ctrl+V (or right click it and select "Block -> Paste Branch").
Notice how the leg nodes are floating sideways rotated completely wrong? thats ok, we fix that using the translation/rotation/scale info from the appropriate connection point in the "BSConnectPoint::Parents" of the base skeleton file...
Look into the Block Details of the "BSConnectPoint::Parents" on the base skeleton file, and find Connect Point with Name "P-BotLegs" - notice the translation, rotation, scale values - you need to set the same values on the translation/rotation/scale of the "C-BotLegs" node that you just pasted into the base skeleton file.
So, edit the translation/rotation/scale accordingly, and you'll see all the leg nodes moving into the correct place.
Now you do the same for all the other parts like torso, arms, hands, torso/leg armors, etc. - depending on what you need.
Don't forget to save frequently.

Robot BodySlide - Prefabs

Spoiler

Once you are done glueing together the robot skeleton, make a copy of it, call it "robot" or whatever, and copy&paste the actual meshes from the individual robot parts into this NIF file (the meshes go right under the first node in the file, which has index 0, so make sure you select it and then past the mesh into it).
This will get you a complete robot body with all desired parts in one file, that can be loaded into Outfit Studio to make BodySlide, etc.

To make the BodySlide, i first paste the female body (be it Fusion Girl, or CBBE, whatever you are using to base your robot bodySlide of) into the robot file, and then i rotate various robot nodes to make the robot pose fit the female body pose as closely as possible.
But before you paste the female body into the robot file, make sure to rename all the robot NiNodes - give them some prefix (for example, in my @PREVIEW, i added the "Ass" prefix) as some nodes may be called the same as nodes in the female body file - you don't want to mix them up.
So, rename the NiNodes.
THEN copy&paste the NiNode hierarchy from a female skeleton file of your choice (the best choice is probably to take the skeleton from your Bodyslide installation, which should be "Data\Tools\BodySlide\res\Data\skeleton_fo4.nif").
You should only need to copy the "Pelvis" and "SPINE1" branches found under the "COM" node, and paste them again into a "COM" node in your robot file.
After you do that, you can copy&paste (again, use "Copy Branch") the female body mesh from the appropriate NIF file (if in doubt, it should be the body you are using to build normal BodySlide stuff), paste the female mesh into your robot file, again right into the top node at index 0.
Now you can try to match the female body pose by rotating appropriate robot NiNodes.

When done with the robot file, you can load it into Outfit Studio to make a BodySlide for it, mostly as you would do with any other outfit.
Before you load it, remove that female body and all of its "Pelvis" and "SPINE1" node hierarchies.
After you open the robot file in OS, you may need to use the "Show Pose" checkbox on the "Bones" tab and then "Apply to mesh" (with all the robot parts selected) to make sure the robot parts get posed as defined by the NiNodes in the file, then uncheck the "Show Pose"
(NOTE: for the posing to work correctly with the robot nodes, you may need to first set the BS/OS to use the base robot skeleton made in previous step - you do that in BS/OS settings - if you do that, don't forget to change it back to whatever was BS/OS using before.
Also keep in mind you renamed the nodes in the robot file, but not in the base skeleton, so you will also need to rename the nodes in base skeleton accordingly - but first try it without changing the BS/OS skeleton)
And now you re ready to make the BodySlide, like you would do for any outfit.

Keep the robot project as a preview that users can use to see how their presets will look in game.
Once done with the basic BodySlide, you can make the "OCBP physics" version by using "Copy Selected Weights" while having the desired CBP bones selected (to get best results, make sure whatever the robot has as its "breasts" is shaped and positioned as closely to the female body reference as possible, same gos for butt and thighs if you want to make those jelly too) - and make sure to keep the OCBP as a separate BodySlide project.
Now that you have the basic BodySlide for the whole robot, you need to split it again into the usual individual parts.
So, open the basic BodySlide project in Outfit Studio and save it as a new project for every part that had originally their own separate NIF, and delete all the parts that do not belong there (ie. use "Save As" to save the whole project as "legs" and leave only the legs in it, etc.).

Robot BodySlide - Finalization

Spoiler

Once you have separate BodySlide project for each individual robot part, you now need to replace the NIF in each of these BodySlide projects with the original NIF file, and then replace the mesh inside (if you changed its shape or pose).
So, for example, for the legs part...
Make a backup of the legs BodySlide project's NIF file, then replace it with the original NIF legs file.
Open the legs NIF (which is now the original file, but named as the NIF for the legs BS) in NifSkope.
Open the backup NIF in another NifSkope window.
Remove the mesh (or all meshes, if there are several) from the legs file.
In the backup file, rename all the robot NiNodes you added that prefix, back to their original name (remove the prefix you added).
Copy the mesh(es) from the backup into the legs file (use "Copy Branch").
Save the legs file and remove the backup (or store it somewhere in case you discover some mistake and need to redo something).
Repeat the process for every part that has individual BodySlide project.

NOTE: for the OCBP BodySlide projects, you do the same, but before you copy the meshes into the legs file (etc.), you need to past in the required CBP bone hierarchy first (as to where exactly to paste the the CBP bone structures, depends on what part it is and what similar parent nodes will it have available - for example, in my Assaultron Torsom, i simply placed them under the "Chest" node the robot torso also has - but i forgot to mention i had to reposition the CBP bones using translation/rotation, to place them where they should be relative to the chest - more on that later if anybody wants)

Edited by Roggvir
3 hours ago, Saraniamic said:

Fucking hell, I thought someone finally added assaultron animations to the game.

Yeah, just yesterday i was wondering why there are still no animations for it.
There are even some stupid bug animations, but Assaultrons? nah, who gives a crap about those, but BUGS? now that is what everybody needs!
Don't take me wrong, i am not complaining about the existence of bug animations, just the lack of Assaultron ones.
It boggles the mind, i gues it has to be that aren't enough ppl who'd want Assaultron anims.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, M4strk0ng said:

I've been trying to make assaultron HD work with your mod. But it doesn't seems it affects you mod other than vanilla assaultron.

The Assaultron HD mod's description page mentions the following:

Note: This does not cover Automatron DLC paint jobs, just the standard Assaultrons.

Any Automatron robots you create, use the Automatron paints.
Still... its weird - unless i am horribly mistaken, even the Automatron paints are using the same textures... but not materials - maybe it has something to do with the materials.
I would have to look at the data in CK or xEdit to remind myself how are the paints setup, but i don't even have the game installed right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Super good mod you have here, The bodymorph on the waist is a little wonky/lopsided, but this is fine for the meantime.

I could never get my head around Outfit studio, so what you have here is beyond good in my eyes anyway.

thanks a bunch again for this.

EDIT: Decided to add an image to show what i meant

ticctron.png

Edited by war10c
Adding example screenshot.
  • 1 year later...
15 hours ago, PWERTY said:

Assaultron's body don't changes at all. I tried to uninstall all mods besides CBBE, Bodyslide and this and even then it didn't work

Then you must be still doing something wrong.

Did you use BodySlide to build the meshes while using some settings that actually do change the morphs and therefore resulting in a different shape of the body?

If you are using Vortex, or something that uses "virtual files system", then make sure you know how to use it properly with other programs like BodySlide (seek help in appropriate forums, i am not using Vortex, nor MO/2, so i cannot help  you).

Edited by Roggvir
1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Then you must be still doing something wrong.

Did you use BodySlide to build the meshes while using some settings that actually do change the morphs and therefore resulting in a different shape of the body?

If you are using Vortex, or something that uses "virtual files system", then make sure you know how to use it properly with other programs like BodySlide (seek help in appropriate forums, i am not using Vortex, nor MO/2, so i cannot help  you).

I am using Nexus Mod Manager.
I built with BodySlide every "@Rogg Assaultron" with "Rogg Assaultron" preset (and tried custom aswell) except the one that says "DO NOT BUILD". I used BodySlide before to change body shapes of Player and NPCs, and I also used it with Servitron mod (this worked well).
I don't actually know what Vortex or "virtual files system", I always use only NMM.

Edit: Btw, idk if this is important information but I checked this mod only with K-L-E-O from Goodneighborhood and Lovelace Lady from Easy Town Down

Edited by PWERTY
To clarify the case
7 hours ago, PWERTY said:

I am using Nexus Mod Manager.

As i remember, NMM was a notoriously bug ridden mess, known to just not install random files on a whim.
Consider using Vortex or MO2 instead, but if you insist on using NMM, double check that all required files are really installed after activating ANY mod.

(that said, if you are not familiar with what the "Virtual File System" in Vortex is, it may be better to stick to NMM which may save you a lot of headaches the VFS would probably cause to you - but in that case you really need to verify the installed files, at least when you run into any problems like now)

Good point about KLEO/Lovelace.
I am not sure whether KLEO and Lovelace use the normal Assaultron parts, or if they use some different, special meshes (i don't think so, but i cannot check now).

If you can, try to build a regular Assaultron in the Robot Workbench, and use that as a test subject.

I suggest you try building the meshes from BodySlide using some really exaggerated morph values, to make immediately apparent whether it works or not in the game.
Then after building the mesh files from BodySlide, verify that the mesh files are really overwritten.
You can look into each part's OSP project file to see what the OutputPath and OutputFile is, but first, let's just check just the torso mesh, which is:

Fallout 4\Data\Meshes\Actors\DLC01\Robot\Parts\Assaultron\DLC01_TorsoAssaultron.nif

...verify that this file exists after building the meshes from BodySlide, and that it has a recent creation/modification date and time (it should be the time when you built it from BodySlide).

If the file does not exist, it wasn't build by BodySlide, or maybe BodySlide did build the meshes, but saved them in a wrong path (i don't know why that would happen, but it is something you should check - maybe the BS log files could contain some helpful information - there should be some kind of log file in the BS folder, i think).

If the file exists, but the creation time isn't what it should be (as i described earlier), then it is a file from some other mod, and the question is why it didn't get overwritten by BS.

Maybe it is write protected? whatever the cause - delete that file (if there is a corresponding *.TRI file, delete it too!), then build the meshes from BS again.

If deleting the file(s) and rebuilding meshes from BS made it work, you should look for mesh files from all the other parts (refer to the individual OSP files, as mentioned above, to learn the OutputPath and OutputFile for each part) and delete them too (and their corresponding TRI files, if they exist) and then rebuild the meshes using BodySlide again.

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Good point about KLEO/Lovelace.

I am not sure whether KLEO and Lovelace use the normal Assaultron parts, or if they use some different, special meshes (i don't think so, but i cannot check now).

If you can, try to build a regular Assaultron in the Robot Workbench, and use that as a test subject.

I just checked Ada and this mod works with her. My bad, shoud've check before.

I'm pretty new to modding so didn't have any problems with NMM yet but if it's that bad I'll choose another MM.

5 hours ago, PWERTY said:

I just checked Ada and this mod works with her. My bad, shoud've check before.

No worries.

But it is good to know that it doesn't work for KLEO and Lovelace - i had no idea they are using different meshes.

It is something i will try to address IF i get back to Fallout 4 (i am a bit tempted, but no promises).

If there is anybody willing to look into this problem (because it WILL take a long time before i get to it), by all means, feel free to use any of my files if need be and post a fix - it will serve the greater good, and make the universe a better place to live in :)