Fall UI Error

1 hour ago, Tinxi said:

image.png.a5593cd749a5269ea14b21126c1b1b1c.png

I only have 3 Hud mods installed - Faster Notifications, Hud Framework and Fall UI. This error shows when trying to apply any new preset.

Hi,

The first mod you mention, is it DavesMods - More and Faster notifications? Because that mod has the same file as FallUI HUD, which is HUDMenu.swf.  My guess is that you have the Faster Notifications mod loading after FallUI putting it at a higher priority, meaning it is winning the file conflict for HUDMenu.swf and therefore FallUI isn't using its own version of HUDMenu.swf which is resulting in this error.  Your mod manager should have some kind of warning about that. 

Beyond that, I do not know if these 2 mods should be used at the same time, it seems like maybe they both do sort of the same thing.  My suggestion is to not use Faster Notifications at all, and instead use FallUI which apparently can do 10 notifications according to a post in the faster notifications support thread.

Edited by Marg597
cleanup
8 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Hi,

The first mod you mention, is it DavesMods - More and Faster notifications? Because that mod has the same file as FallUI HUD, which is HUDMenu.swf.  My guess is that you have the Faster Notifications mod loading after FallUI putting it at a higher priority, meaning it is winning the file conflict for HUDMenu.swf and therefore FallUI isn't using its own version of HUDMenu.swf which is resulting in this error.  

8 hours ago, Marg597 said:

My suggestion is to not use Faster Notifications at all, and instead use FallUI which apparently can do 10 notifications according to a post in the faster notifications support thread.

Hello. Yes i do have dave's faster notifications installed. It helps in faster loading those random creation kit notifications that show up after starting a new game. Is there a better alternative to quick start a new game ?

29 minutes ago, Tinxi said:

Hello. Yes i do have dave's faster notifications installed. It helps in faster loading those random creation kit notifications that show up after starting a new game. Is there a better alternative to quick start a new game ?

I don't know, sorry.  Maybe someone else will know or you can try asking in their support thread on nexus.

5 hours ago, Marg597 said:

I don't know, sorry.  Maybe someone else will know or you can try asking in their support thread on nexus.

After some adjustment, It seems Fall Ui loads fast notifications by default so that problem is solved.

Now there is a new error - game crashes when i select a custom preset from the layout tab of Fall Ui. I have installed Fallout 3 preset and New Vegas font. Could you plz install these two mods in your game and check if they work ?

Many Thanks!

4 hours ago, Tinxi said:

After some adjustment, It seems Fall Ui loads fast notifications by default so that problem is solved.

Now there is a new error - game crashes when i select a custom preset from the layout tab of Fall Ui. I have installed Fallout 3 preset and New Vegas font. Could you plz install these two mods in your game and check if they work ?

Many Thanks!

Have you tried it without the extra font?  The preset you are trying to use was just uploaded in June so you may want to check the support thread and if you feel you've found a crash with it, you could report it there.