[SOLVED] What does Opposite Gender Anims flag do? Should it be forwarded from original plugin if an NPC overhaul does not include it?

I am making a merged patch for several NPC overhauls to work in tandem and have come across this record on one of the NPC's. Basically Dawnguard Vori is missing Opposite Gender Anims flag in Pandorable Dawnguard NPC overhaul, which she seems to have in all the other plugins. I am wondering whether this is intentional or a modder oversight and should I forward it anyway.

So I'm asking a question: what does this flag do?

dg_npc.png

Edited by belegost
18 minutes ago, belegost said:

Makes females use male animations (good for non-feminine characters, like Uthgerd and city guards for instance)

Also can make males use female animations (can't think of any femboys in lore, but certainly could be used for it).

Note this mainly just applies to walking, running, sitting and horse riding animations, or potentially combat replacers if those are split by gender (some are, most aren't).  It has no effect on sex animations.

Edited by Seijin8
9 minutes ago, T-lam said:

No, it makes female walking like man.

I see. It does make sense now, although the naming convention is weird.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, belegost said:

I am making a merged patch for several NPC overhauls to work in tandem and have come across this record on one of the NPC's. Basically Dawnguard Vori is missing Opposite Gender Anims flag in Pandorable Dawnguard NPC overhaul, which she seems to have in all the other plugins. I am wondering whether this is intentional or a modder oversight and should I forward it anyway.

dg_npc.png

8 minutes ago, T-lam said:

No, it makes female walking like man.

What he said. Look at Irileth, any orc female and several other women in Skyrim (Delphine, too). They walk like men with no sway like most of the other females have. You can turn it off with impunity BUT if  they are important to a Quest (like Delphine) there is a very good chance that the game will turn it back on. My experience is that trying to mess with it may result in much frustration.

• belegost changed the title to [SOLVED] What does Opposite Gender Anims flag do? Should it be forwarded from original plugin if an NPC overhaul does not include it?
2 minutes ago, T-lam said:

As soon you met them the first time, it is baked into save. Change flag after that will not change animation. New game required

or resaver and delete entries of this npc.

I can live with that.

28 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

can't think of any femboys in lore, but certainly could be used for it

Nazeem (oh yes, I am TOTALLY going to patch him now).

Or that kid in Whiterun that gets bullied by a girl. Once he grows up.

Edited by belegost