I am looking for mods that add the following -

Settlement jobs and resources like in Northland Diggers Resources but actually playable with least amount of bugs.

Family life simulation like dates, wedding, partying, one night stands, unique events.

Clean texture mods that replace dirt on vanilla objects and buildings.

Mods that let you become a detective like Valentine and you open your own office and receive clients there.

Best interior expansion mods that let you enter inside all or most houses.

Travel around wasteland with followers on vehicles.

Older Fallout style NPC conversations.

I've been looking a lot for a mod that will let me travel on vehicles with followers as well.  I tried several vehicle and drivable robot mods off the Nexus and wasn't happy with any of them.  In my brief testing, a lot of them were just not very smooth to drive, or else you didn't get to see your companions traveling with you.  A few would in theory let you transport one companion with you (visually) but none of them seemed to work right.

I then looked at vertibird mods and found Flyable Personal Vertibirds https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47187?tab=posts&BH=0 which so far I really, really like.  The mod author is also very active on his page, and the mod has been updated within the last few days.  You can assign your companions spots in the vertibird and see them get in, and you can also either fly manually or automatically.  A vertibird mod wasn't what I thought I wanted, but now it's the mod I need.

As far as your other requests, there are mods on Nexus with cleaned up interiors, but you'll have to search them out yourself.  The jobs and events mods I don't know about.

Edited by travelmedic
5 hours ago, Tinxi said:

Mods that let you become a detective like Valentine and you open your own office and receive clients there.

That is an interesting idea. Of course it would be a full blown quest mod. As far as I can tell quest mods never really took off with FO4 so it's not even remotely comparable to Skyrim or Oblivion. I don't know why that is but assumed the scripting language is too hard for most people to pick up easily now.

4 hours ago, travelmedic said:

I've been looking a lot for a mod that will let me travel on vehicles with followers as well.  I tried several vehicle and drivable robot mods off the Nexus and wasn't happy with any of them.  In my brief testing, a lot of them were just not very smooth to drive, or else you didn't get to see your companions traveling with you.  A few would in theory let you transport one companion with you (visually) but none of them seemed to work right.

4f914fc6cb90777c437915e7b83a6fbd03aca5e2408c2903cc52cb50a0efb2a0.jpg?type=orig

More mods like this would be nice....

9 hours ago, Tinxi said:

4f914fc6cb90777c437915e7b83a6fbd03aca5e2408c2903cc52cb50a0efb2a0.jpg?type=orig

More mods like this would be nice....

Of all the ground transport mods I looked at, that one, Drivable Motorcycles or whatever it's called, came the closest to what I was looking for.

None of them except the vertibird mod I linked to let me travel with all of my current companions.  I usually like to have 2 or 3 along.

What I was really looking for was something equivalent to Convenient Horses for Skyrim but with cars.  Vertibirds was the best match for me.

On 10/28/2021 at 1:32 PM, RohZima said:

That is an interesting idea. Of course it would be a full blown quest mod. As far as I can tell quest mods never really took off with FO4 so it's not even remotely comparable to Skyrim or Oblivion. I don't know why that is but assumed the scripting language is too hard for most people to pick up easily now.

Mostly due to the limitations on the communications side of things, with the limited number of options available and the only way to add other options being to overwrite existing messages makes it a pain to do I would imagine.  After all in conversation  you only have four options and one of the is exit/go back.

17 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

Gun for Hire by Flasy is a mod that has the same premise

14 hours ago, Varithina said:

Mostly due to the limitations on the communications side of things, with the limited number of options available and the only way to add other options being to overwrite existing messages makes it a pain to do I would imagine.  After all in conversation  you only have four options and one of the is exit/go back.

How about flashy's gun for hire and crimes and punishments ? Seem surprisingly well-made. Are they better than depravity and diary of a madman ?

6 hours ago, Tinxi said:

How about flashy's gun for hire and crimes and punishments ? Seem surprisingly well-made. Are they better than depravity and diary of a madman ?

No idea I tend to only include mods that will be used in all my game run through's, quest mods tend to be something I pretty much ignore, I do have stumble upon, which open up some of the closed buildings, and I do run the sewers which adds more locations, but actual quest mods not so much, I tend to just add them then run through them once and then delete them, and I have not had a working fallout 4 build in the past couple of years, I am rebuilding it, but not in any big rush.  The only quest mod I tended to include was A.S.I.A and the replacement for it, neither of which are currently up as the dev has had a really really shitty year, and even then both of them are more of a race mod rather than quest mod.