On 11/3/2021 at 3:35 PM, ForgottenGlory said:

I'd be curious to know what the fix is, as I've not been able to figure it out yet. In theory fixing it for followers would make it work on all NPCs?

You hard-coded the player reference as the only target the effects would trigger on in the ApplyTransform functions. By passing the actor Target in the OnEffectStart Event instead, it'll use whoever drank the potion to apply the effect to. It's working to great effect for me, though you'll want to add if / else checks on the actor drinking it for the debug notification box to show their name correctly (akActor.GetBaseObject.GetName() for NPCs).

While nothing should happen in game, if you want to prevent effects from being applied to the wrong gender/species, you may want to consider adding Target Condition checks for ActorTypeNPC and or GetSex == 1.

45 minutes ago, AWHA2 said:

Just wanted to add that there already exists a mod that does similar (same?) things as this mod, see here:

It looks very interesting, but says it is not special edition compatible. Do you know if anyone's tested converting it yet?

18 hours ago, MyIQisDOUBLEdigits said:

Pretty sure you have to buy the base potion from an alchemist.

Thank you for your reply.  I have seen two of the refined potions (Horker and Teat) at the Alchemist in Whiterun, but I haven't found any other potions (refined or base) anywhere else.  Is it just a rare chance that they will stock them?  If so, that's a bit of a bummer because I'd like to be able to get them with more frequency than I have been.

Also, for the two potions that I have found, it seems that the change from them is almost imperceptible unless I'm watching the specific body part when I consume the potion.  Is that what others are experiencing, or might there be a mod different mod I have activated which might be interfering?

22 hours ago, throwaway159753 said:

Okay, I've looked for far too long and I'm convinced I'm just dumb.  I figured out how to make the refined elixirs which can modify specific body parts, but I can't figure out how to craft the "base" elixirs (Curves, Expansion, etc.).  Do I need to craft them at the Alchemy table?  If so, what are the ingredients or how am I supposed to determine which ingredients I need to make them?  Can someone point me in the right direction?

The base potions can't be crafted, only looted or purchased.

9 hours ago, dweezer said:

You hard-coded the player reference as the only target the effects would trigger on in the ApplyTransform functions. By passing the actor Target in the OnEffectStart Event instead, it'll use whoever drank the potion to apply the effect to. It's working to great effect for me, though you'll want to add if / else checks on the actor drinking it for the debug notification box to show their name correctly (akActor.GetBaseObject.GetName() for NPCs).

While nothing should happen in game, if you want to prevent effects from being applied to the wrong gender/species, you may want to consider adding Target Condition checks for ActorTypeNPC and or GetSex == 1.

Thanks, will look into this further.

8 hours ago, AWHA2 said:

Just wanted to add that there already exists a mod that does similar (same?) things as this mod, see here:

Morphology also goes way beyond what this mod does - I wanted something lightweight that basically was just purely visual without all the extra stuff like armors, buffs, etc.

58 minutes ago, throwaway159753 said:

Thank you for your reply.  I have seen two of the refined potions (Horker and Teat) at the Alchemist in Whiterun, but I haven't found any other potions (refined or base) anywhere else.  Is it just a rare chance that they will stock them?  If so, that's a bit of a bummer because I'd like to be able to get them with more frequency than I have been.

Also, for the two potions that I have found, it seems that the change from them is almost imperceptible unless I'm watching the specific body part when I consume the potion.  Is that what others are experiencing, or might there be a mod different mod I have activated which might be interfering?

They are extremely rare at the moment and I need to make them more frequent. It should take anywhere from 10-15 potions to reach maximum size for a given body part.

Edited by ForgottenGlory
1 hour ago, ForgottenGlory said:

Morphology also goes way beyond what this mod does - I wanted something lightweight that basically was just purely visual without all the extra stuff like armors, buffs, etc.

Seconded actually. Morphology's cool and stuff but man, that is an overwhelmingly massive list of ingredients.

Feel like this mod will be way easier to handle. Perfect for me personally. Appreciate the work you're putting into it.

2 hours ago, ForgottenGlory said:

The base potions can't be crafted, only looted or purchased.

Thanks, will look into this further.

They are extremely rare at the moment and I need to make them more frequent. It should take anywhere from 10-15 potions to reach maximum size for a given body part.

Thank you for the response.  It helps knowing that I'm not crazy :)

I really like what you've done so far, and I look forward to some of the tweaks you have mentioned before (MCM sliders for effect strength and increased drop rate specifically).  Keep up the good work!

On 11/6/2021 at 7:06 PM, ForgottenGlory said:

Agreed 100%. The "extra stuff" is boring anyway ?

On 11/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, dweezer said:

Do you think a similar tweak could be applied to this mod: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/115745-devious-body-alteration/ to apply transformations to NPCs?

I've been trying to find a way to make it work on NPCs but my scripting skills are not up to the task. Any help would be appreciated!

12 hours ago, AWHA2 said:

Do you think a similar tweak could be applied to this mod: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/115745-devious-body-alteration/ to apply transformations to NPCs?

I've been trying to find a way to make it work on NPCs but my scripting skills are not up to the task. Any help would be appreciated!

Looking at the source code on that one, it would be a major rewrite as all the checking and applying sub-functions don't have any variables passed between them and are hard-coded for the player only. Given that there's a constant OnUpdate that runs that the other functions are called from, and that faction ranks are used for tracking stats for the player in the MCM; an array would have to used and looped through for each actor added, somehow add the actor through a hotkey + crosshairs for minimal overhead, and the MCM status page display reworked to have a drop down for who you're looking at.

Theoretically, one could loop the section in OnUpdate that does all checking for each actor (with that actor ref in the array passed to each sub-function) once before moving to the next one, though if there's too many actors to check before the next update is queued, I could see a fair bit of script lag as a result. A hard cap on the (ideally small) array size would be needed before it got to that point. Also, the comment function would need branching if / else checks to have the correct NPC listed by name.

In short, technically possible, though I'm not sure of the performance cost in doing so.

1 hour ago, dweezer said:

Looking at the source code on that one, it would be a major rewrite as all the checking and applying sub-functions don't have any variables passed between them and are hard-coded for the player only. Given that there's a constant OnUpdate that runs that the other functions are called from, and that faction ranks are used for tracking stats for the player in the MCM; an array would have to used and looped through for each actor added, somehow add the actor through a hotkey + crosshairs for minimal overhead, and the MCM status page display reworked to have a drop down for who you're looking at.

Theoretically, one could loop the section in OnUpdate that does all checking for each actor (with that actor ref in the array passed to each sub-function) once before moving to the next one, though if there's too many actors to check before the next update is queued, I could see a fair bit of script lag as a result. A hard cap on the (ideally small) array size would be needed before it got to that point. Also, the comment function would need branching if / else checks to have the correct NPC listed by name.

In short, technically possible, though I'm not sure of the performance cost in doing so.

Thanks, I had feared that the script load of checking multiple NPCs would make this a no-go, and your analysis helped me understand why.

What do you think about something simpler, like what Transformative Elixirs does but for DD items? For example, apply a morph on a character when a DD item is equipped, similar to what would happen if a potion is consumed. This would eliminate the need to constantly check an increasingly large number of NPCs, wouldn't it?

On 11/9/2021 at 8:08 AM, AWHA2 said:

Thanks, I had feared that the script load of checking multiple NPCs would make this a no-go, and your analysis helped me understand why.

What do you think about something simpler, like what Transformative Elixirs does but for DD items? For example, apply a morph on a character when a DD item is equipped, similar to what would happen if a potion is consumed. This would eliminate the need to constantly check an increasingly large number of NPCs, wouldn't it?

In theory, sounds possible. You'd still have to run OnUpdate for each actor as changes progress or revert (if you're keeping that mechanic), and have the effect removed entirely when back to normal as well as skip processing the change when maxed out, but the timings could be staggered out better rather than trying to run everything at the same time.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, <3GoAway<3 said:

Hello! I was wondering if potions spawned in chests or containers, as I've never seen them do so. If they do, is there a way to increase the spawn chance in SSEEdit? Thanks!

Currently, in looking over the mod, potions only spawn with a ~1/3 chance of appearing in the LItemPotionMagicEffects and LItemApothecaryPotionMagicEffects75 leveled lists, though there are 7 other lists to pull from in each of those two named lists, You can change the chance none to 0% (aka something will always appear in the upper container / vendor list to grab if there's a slot available) via the CK, though the leveled list for those potions have to fight with the other potions for limited slots in each container that could hold them.

By extension, the first list does have a 1/10 chance of appearing in the LootWarlockPotions10 list and 1/4 for the LootWarlockPotions25, though it'd have to beat the other lists in there first for the limited slot(s). You can see how this would affect the chances of any potion appearing at all in a container or on a NPC.

For more chances of appearing outside of those containers, one could look into adding the TFEPotions list into, say one of the main Loot lists for a given NPC class if you want to be swimming in the things; or for a more subtle influence, could add to an additional LItem list that doesn't currently have them like LItemPotionMagicEffectsBest.

On 10/22/2021 at 5:38 AM, Papersword said:

I think Skooma Whore has a random forced drugging chance after aggressive scenes. I wonder how difficult it is to modify the data base for what can be chosen. Keep with the theme from CoC. Looks cool!

I think this could be done with SL Triggers if you know the ID's of the items and force them to be used.

In future updates, would it be possible to have a feature where these potions are randomly disguised as other vanilla potions?  Or rather, randomly inserted as  "spiked" vanilla potions?

My mind's wandering now, but I can imagine some quests built off of this:

1) There's a lonely alchemist who loves seeing the Dragonborn as she walks through the town market, b-b-b-b-but "I just wanted to bring out her truest beauty!  Don't you see?!"  So, you have to ask around, discover clues about this creep, find him (or her!) in some tucked away place, and decide if you want to kill this person, forgive them outright, demand a potion to fix this, or admit that you're actually quite pleased with the transformations.

2) Some prankster pickpocket swapped out a potion in your inventory.  The only reason you suspect this is either that you noticed that some of your gold is also missing, or because you are careful about where you get your potions and yet one of them had a transformative effect on you.  Ask around town randomly about recent pickpocketings.  Somebody might know something.  Ask the wrong person, though, and they might BE that pickpocket.  Either you get closer to discovering who they are (progressively narrowed down: city, gender, occupation, etc), or you get into a confrontation and brawl for your money back and the name of the alchemist who brewed the potion (from whom you can now buy a normativity potion with your newly-earned winnings from the brawl).

3) Integrate this into Meat Farm.  Not always in "potion" form, but the effects from this should be applied to the activity therein.  Also, a substandard "cattle" could be force-fed one of these potions to kickstart their body composition in the desired direction.

4) A chance of a randomly-spawned archer, who shoots arrows laced with one of these potions (treated like a poison effect).  No quest, just a configurable % chance.

3 hours ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

In future updates, would it be possible to have a feature where these potions are randomly disguised as other vanilla potions?  Or rather, randomly inserted as  "spiked" vanilla potions?

My mind's wandering now, but I can imagine some quests built off of this:

1) There's a lonely alchemist who loves seeing the Dragonborn as she walks through the town market, b-b-b-b-but "I just wanted to bring out her truest beauty!  Don't you see?!"  So, you have to ask around, discover clues about this creep, find him (or her!) in some tucked away place, and decide if you want to kill this person, forgive them outright, demand a potion to fix this, or admit that you're actually quite pleased with the transformations.

2) Some prankster pickpocket swapped out a potion in your inventory.  The only reason you suspect this is either that you noticed that some of your gold is also missing, or because you are careful about where you get your potions and yet one of them had a transformative effect on you.  Ask around town randomly about recent pickpocketings.  Somebody might know something.  Ask the wrong person, though, and they might BE that pickpocket.  Either you get closer to discovering who they are (progressively narrowed down: city, gender, occupation, etc), or you get into a confrontation and brawl for your money back and the name of the alchemist who brewed the potion (from whom you can now buy a normativity potion with your newly-earned winnings from the brawl).

3) Integrate this into Meat Farm.  Not always in "potion" form, but the effects from this should be applied to the activity therein.  Also, a substandard "cattle" could be force-fed one of these potions to kickstart their body composition in the desired direction.

4) A chance of a randomly-spawned archer, who shoots arrows laced with one of these potions (treated like a poison effect).  No quest, just a configurable % chance.

I'd love to have vanilla potions spiked with these and have a chance for each drunk to trigger...