Need help with load order, animations not playing... (Skyrim SE)

Yes, I know, it's another one of these posts. Same old, same old. 

I DID check with a lot of the other posts about animations not playing, and don't get me wrong, I theoretically know what to do, but I'd still like to have some help about it. So...

My problem:

The animations I've downloaded (which btw a quite a few...) do not play out. When I, as an example, use the Matchmaker spells on my character, on an npc or both, and then wait 10 seconds, the animations are about to start. The "minimap" (top of the screen) disappears, the characters seem to be reset, all is fine. But then the game just continues as normal, as if the animations were skipped right away. This problem is common, but hear me out.

When I use the Defeat mod OR the hentai creatures mod, that's the only times I am actually shown animations. Which isn't ideal, I kinda wanna force them with Matchmaker, for reasons of... you know, "killing time" late at night.

The only animations that play are from the ZAZ animation pack, although I have downloaded countless others. Also, a lot of mods don't have their MCMs shown... and the Animation Loader appears, but there's nothing besides the picture, no options etc... I don't think that's ideal either.

The OBVIOUS solution (which I'm gonna pursue):

Reinstall all mods from scratch, and don't f*ck that up again.

(My current mod situation is plagued by a LOT of reinstalls, again and again, which probably screwed my load order up big time. Especially XPMSSE and SkyUI... though SkyUI takes the whole damn cake, it always stopped working after installing new mods)

I know that I won't be able to get around starting fresh. I hate doing it, but it must be done. However, I wanna be prepared this time, which is where I need your help. I want to know in which order I should install all mods, so that the whole reinstall thing doesn't happen again. I'd also like to know if I should watch out for specific mod versions, especially with skse, skyui and so on. And I'd love if someone with enough knowledge and time on their hands could help me out here...

Oh, and remarks like "clothing/appearance mods should be put before animation mods" or similar ones are also greatly appreciated, because I don't know shit when it comes to load order.

My mods (I'm gonna do my best for mentioning all of them):

(All looked up with NMM)

CBP Physics (0.26)

CBPC (1.3.6)

FNIS XXL (7.6)

FNIS Creature Pack (7.6)

SINful CBP (6.1.0)

XPMSSE (4.8)

Rogue Sorceress Outfit (3BB)(SMP Cape) (1.0)

Argonian - Khajiit FabULook Eyes (1.0)

Argonian Hair Plus (1.0)

Beast Race Bodypaints SE -Khajiit and Argonian Themed Bodypaints (3.2)

CBBE (1.6.2)

CBBE 3BA (2.06)

Color Matching Feathers for Argonian Tails (2.0)

Horns Are Forever (1.1)

Schlongs of Skyrim SE (1.1.4)

One With nature (1.0)

Joy of Perspective (2.0.2c)

SLAL_SE (1)

Schlongs of Skyrim SE HDT-SMP files (1.1)

JContainers SE (4.1.13)

Argonian Improvements SSE - Horns (1.0)

Argonian Vampire Eyes - Dawnguard (2.0)

BAT - Bigger Argonian Tails SE (1.0.3)

Feminine Argonian Textures (Chameleon and Lizard) (3.1)

Male Dragonic Argonian Textures 4k - 2k (SOS and Vanilla - 2k SOS (0.1)

New Notcurnal Statue SE (1.0.0)

HDT-SMP (2.11)

Animal SOS SE (0.1.6.7.a10)

Anub C 3.2021

Anub F 11.2020

Anub H 3.2021

Anubs Old Animations SE

BadDogArousalSpell

BakaFactory Animated Beasts Cocks (2.30)

Billyy's SLAL Animations 2.9

Cobalt Animations SE v.1.3.1

Creature Framework 1.1.0

Decaying Draugr MNC

Devious Devices (5.1)

FlufyFox_SLAL_SE

HentaiCreatures_MNCv12_6SE

HornyCreaturesofSkyrim_V1_27SE

K4_anims-1.5SE

Kidnapped by Rieklings

MoreNastyCritters_v12_6SE

Naked Defeat 3-0 full (SE)

SexLab Aroused Creatures SE v04.08

SexLab Matchmaker

SexLab More Creatures SE v1.02

SexLabArousedSSELoose-29

SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA9

Simple No More Stupid Dog .01.0

SL Defeat SSE

SLAL Animations by Leito v1.6

The Book of Sex SE v1.1

ZAZ 8.0 CBBE SE v1.1

ZaZ Animation Pack + CBBE HDT V8.0

Main Menu Replacer Sexy Argonian (which, btw, is overwritten by some animations mod which now always shows animals fucking when I load up the game... I prefer the other one tbh)

RaceMenu (0.4.16)

SkyUI (5.2SE)

BodySlide and Outfit Studio (5.4.2)

Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice (1.7)

Verdant's Axe (1.0)

Now, mind you, I have also downloaded a few mods through SE's mod browser, so these are not all of them. However, my load order should show them as well...

On to My load order (looked up with LOOT):

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

ccbgssse063-ba_ebony.esl

unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp

climatesoftamriel.esm

Schlongs of SKyrim - Core.esm

SexLab.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

CreatureFramework.esm

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

Devious Devices - Integration.esm

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

inigo.esp

morningstar - minimalistic races of skyrim.esp

violens se.esp

the paarthurnax dilemma.esp

deadly civil war of skyrim.esp

the brotherhood of old.esp

alternate start - live another life.esp

get_immersive_cheats_sp0ckrates.esp

immersive movement.esp

werewolfcanlootandrevertform.esp

carryingbags.esp

fos - forests of skyrim.esp

businessinskyrim.esp

bm_simpleaction.esp

visible favorited gear.esp

img-christmas-2016.esp

icepenguingworldmap.esp

skyland balanced.esp

rela mountains.esp

dd - enhanced blood main.esp

dr_bandolier.esp

realisticwatertwo.esp

immersive citizens - ai overhaul.esp

barenziahquestmarkers.esp

dd - realistic ragdoll force - realistic.esp

ordinator - perks of skyrim.esp

apocalypse - magic of skyrim.esp

werewolfperksexpanded.esp

open cities skyrim.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

HornsAreForever.esp

FabLookEyesSSE.esp

ArgoHairPlus.esp

Color-Matching-Tail-Feathers.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp

CBBE.esp

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

Joy of Perspective.esp

SINful CBP.esp

3BBB.esp

[Zynx] RogueSorceress.esp

FGCVerdantAxe.esp

MoreNastyCritters.esp

HentaiCreatures.esp

SexLabDefeat.esp

Simple No More Stupid Dog.esp

SexLab More Creatures.esp

OneWithNature.esp

SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp

Devious Devices SE patch.esp

Devious Devices For Him.esp

Devious Devices - BRRF.esp

KidnappedByRieklings.esp

TBOS.esp

BDArousalSpells.esp

SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp

CobaltAnimations.esp

SLAL_K4Anims.esp

BakaFactoryABC.esp

FlufyFoxAnimObjects.esp

SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp

HornyCreatures.esp

Animal_SOS.esp

AnubAnimObj.esp

SexLabMatchMaker.esp

FNIS.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp

DBIC.esp (not active)

KidnappedByRieklings_GoblinSlayer.esp (not active)

Naked Defeat.esp (not active)

BRB_BeastRaceBodypaints.esp (not active)

SOSRaceMenu.esp (not active)

ZAZpatch.esp (not active)

RaceMenu.esp

XPMSE.esp

SkyUI_SE.esp

phew... yeah, that's quite a few mods, sorry to make you read through them all. But as I said, help of any kind is greatly appreciated, I'm really in a pickle here...

So thanks for your help, and I wish you all a nice evening!

- Poldoo

Did you run FNIS with HKX File Check option selected? And there were no warnings?

Not recommended to use 2 creature schlong mods. Choose either ABC or Animal SOS.

You are also using Live Another Life mod. The way i start new game and it always works:

- Run FNIS

- Create new game

- Create character

- Wait for mods to stop writing messages to screen

- Save game

- Exit game

- Start game and load save

- Wait for mods to stop writing messages. Last message should be Sexlab mod reporting being ready.

- Register animations with SL Animation Loader MCM

- Register ZAZ animations

- If you have a previously exported Sexlab profile, then import it

- Setup rest of mods in MCM

- Talk to statue and choose a path

Try that method first.

Edited by Shadowbroker3495

@Shadowbroker3495

Holy Moly, thanks a lot for this! It's not all quite well, but it's definitely a lot better already.

I followed the steps you wrote down and am currently stuck at the animation registering process. (Btw, the message with sexlab didn't show until I manually installed it from the mcm). I had to wait for a whole minute for Anim Loader to show all the menus, but they did, I've never had that happen before. Now, when I click on "enable all", that seems to work. However, when I then click on "register all", the message box that shows up says "Registered 0 new animations"... idk if they are already registered, but they don't show up in SexLab's "Toggle Animation" tab, so I guess they aren't registered after all... I also tried registering single animation mods instead of doing all of them right away, but that doesn't work. Do you have an idea what I could do here?

Oh, also, I chose ABC over Animal SOS and deleted the latter. And I checked the HKX FIle option and was shown no errors.

to add to  Shadowbroker3495  

51 minutes ago, Poldoo said:

alternate start - live another life.esp

should be last in your Load Order (should be fixed manually ) .

activate    sexlab in MCN    install animations when in third view ( not first person ) .

next time consider  installing the mods slowly as you might have some strong issues building with level up !

(v1.1.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!" - Skyrim: Special Edition - LoversLab

@coolfreaky

Thanks to you as well!

Yes, I am very bad when it comes to downloading and installing mods in bulk... I'm sadly very impatient when it comes to modding skyrim.

I let LOOT sort the mods and change the load order, and now Alternate Start is third to last, followed by open cities skyrim and realisticwatertwo... I hope that's ok as well, because I don't really know how to manually change the load order unless in the game's mod menu which I hate using... 

I'm also gonna try the third person thing, hopefully that fixes things, I'll let you guys know if anything useful or succesful comes up.

Alright, after more testing the same issue still persists...

When I click on "register animations", this is what shows up:

Spoiler

picture "ye", because idk how to attach pictures to the main text...

When I click on "Count animations", this is shown:

Spoiler

picture "ye 2"

This shows me that the animations ARE somewhere in the game but can't be registered for some reason...

Do you guys have any ideas about this?

ye.PNG

ye 2.PNG

Yes, clearly something is wrong if Sexlab does not autoload after loading game. The slow Anim Loader MCM is probably because you have a lot of animations but it shouldn't take a whole minute. More like 10 seconds.

After creating new game, no animations should be registered, except Sexlab's default animations, but those default animations are not shown in Sexlab's Toggle Animation window. Thus Anim Loader MCM should not report that no animations were registered.

Instead of registering all animations in one go, then try to do it for each group in Anim Loader, i.e. first enable so each animation in group have a checkmark and then register that group of animations. Just to verify if it makes a difference.

Why did you disable SOSRaceMenu plugin?

Which mod does this plugin TBOS.esp belong to? The Beauty of Skyrim? Don't think that is a Special Edition mod.

Is this plugin skyland balanced.esp a special edition version?

Looking at your mod list it looks like you have downloaded the correct SE versions. Maybe make sure for mods without SE in title, that they are correct versions?

Off topic: Be careful with Open Cities Skyrim mod. If you start to get crashes, then it is most likely caused by that mod.

@Shadowbroker3495

I tried registering single animation mods at a time, with the same outcome.

I didn't disable the plugin myself, and when I look at it in LOOT, it labels it as an "empty plugin"... which means idk what, it's broken maybe?

TBOS apparently belongs to the mod "The People of Skyrim", which I don't even remember downloading... 

with most of these mods, I've downloaded them fromSE's integrated mod browser, so they should be SE versions...

2 hours ago, Poldoo said:

SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA9

Is a stupid problem in BETA 9...

While you are in First Person view, Sexlab NOT register any animation and SLAL make the same because when SLAL call Sexlab to register the animations Sexlab ignore the register of the animations.... Simply because your Player Character is in First Person view.

Change to 3rd person and try again.

Edited by alex77r4
4 minutes ago, Poldoo said:

I already tried registering them in third person view, and nothing changed

Are you sure you have the correct version of JContainers? Take a look to your skse64.log because you can have some problem with DLL's

If the DLL's are correct, enable papyrus login and look the papyrus.log

8 hours ago, Poldoo said:

TBOS apparently belongs to the mod "The People of Skyrim"

You should uninstall that version. Mod creator made The People of Skyrim 2 version because there was a lot of problems with original version. Sometimes mod creators just ignore that other mods should also be able to work.

But wait to install version 2 until you have solved Sexlab and Anim Loader problems. At the moment you need as few mods as possible to solve problem first.

Disable Joy of Perspective until problem is solved. Massive number of bug reports for that mod on Nexus.

Disable deadly civil war of skyrim.esp until problem is solved. (adds new areas in Skyrim and there are apparently problems with guards killing civilians.)

Maybe also disable hacks like get_immersive_cheats_sp0ckrates.esp until problem is solved.

Otherwise try to uninstall and reinstall Sexlab mod and Sexlab Anim Loader mod.

If disabling/uninstalling the above selective suggestions doesn't solve problem, then try to disable most plugins except:

- Sexlab and Sexlab related functionality plugins

- Creature plugins

- Devious Devices plugins

- Base functionality plugins like XP skeleton, FNIS, SOS and Racemenu

- Body plugins (CBBE and 3BBB)

- Animation related plugins

- Live Another Life plugin

- SkyUI plugin

- Skyrim Unofficial Patch plugin

- any of the ESM type plugins

14 hours ago, Poldoo said:

@alex77r4

Thanks for the answer!

However, I already tried registering them in third person view, and nothing changed... I don't know what else to do...

Could I maybe try a different version of SexLab?

Because you first need to ENABLE the animations before you register. 

On the left tab under general settings, you will see all your animations. Click on each of them and enable and register from there. After you're done click on 'count animations' in general settings. You have to wait for a message, dont leave the menu. Might take a minute or 2. 

Double check the right version of each animation pack you have before you do this. 

Wait, did you typed all the mods manually in your post? If you're using Vortex, you can find your plugins and load order in users/(xxprofilexx)/appdata/local/skyrim se

Edited by airnox

@airnox

Hey, yes, I did painstakinly type out all my mods. That's (misplaced) dedication... or desperation. Idk.

I also enabled all the animations, they were all checked. And I had them counted, I posted a screenshot above that shows just that.

Also, I downloaded the newest versions (as of yesterday) of all the animation packs, and the other mods are all from 4 days ago, so I'm quite sure everything is updated properly.

8 hours ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

You should uninstall that version. Mod creator made The People of Skyrim 2 version because there was a lot of problems with original version. Sometimes mod creators just ignore that other mods should also be able to work.

But wait to install version 2 until you have solved Sexlab and Anim Loader problems. At the moment you need as few mods as possible to solve problem first.

Disable Joy of Perspective until problem is solved. Massive number of bug reports for that mod on Nexus.

Disable deadly civil war of skyrim.esp until problem is solved. (adds new areas in Skyrim and there are apparently problems with guards killing civilians.)

Maybe also disable hacks like get_immersive_cheats_sp0ckrates.esp until problem is solved.

Otherwise try to uninstall and reinstall Sexlab mod and Sexlab Anim Loader mod.

If disabling/uninstalling the above selective suggestions doesn't solve problem, then try to disable most plugins except:

- Sexlab and Sexlab related functionality plugins

- Creature plugins

- Devious Devices plugins

- Base functionality plugins like XP skeleton, FNIS, SOS and Racemenu

- Body plugins (CBBE and 3BBB)

- Animation related plugins

- Live Another Life plugin

- SkyUI plugin

- Skyrim Unofficial Patch plugin

- any of the ESM type plugins

So I just checked, and TBOS doesn't stand for "The People of Skyrim" after all... makes sense, cause it should be TPOS otherwise. It's the mod "The Book Of Sex", which changes a vanilla quest to feature a lot more "action" than what was there prior. So it changes a quest, should I still disable it or is it fine?

Edit:

Welp, actually, that's not needed anymore, I guess. I've now disabled:

Deadly Civil War

K4 Animations

Immersive Cheats

and... this is shown to me (picture)

I don't have the time to test out how much of it works right now, but I'll keep you guys updated on it in a bit.

but THANKS A LOT man, this really helped me out a great deal!

ye.PNG