The Furs 4 - Benji's Sims 4 Furry Corner (previously known as "Benji's Furry and Anthro Stash (Anthro, Furry and more)")

18 minutes ago, BenjiThatFoxGuy said:

what would the "Furry Age of Sims" mod entail? do you mean a modpack? if so i'd appreciate if you at least asked first before including my stuff, as i'd prefer it to come from the source but i could get to some agreement to maybe help develop a custom version dependent on what you wanna achieve. e.g. custom npcs and stuff. but if you mean a modpack that would have some custom branding, i already started on "The Furs 4" replacers and yeah contact me to ask if you can include my stuff in modpacks. hell contact Berni and Sora and Tim from Savestatecomic too!

and a fair share of warning; modpacks in sims 4 are usually not too well perceived considering the havoc mods can wreck in this game and also the fact modpacks aren't as nice to update as individual mods.

while i don't agree with Deaderpool's elitism, i do agree with what he and many people keep on saying - DON'T DOWNLOAD MOD FOLDERS (aka modpacks when it comes to Sims 4).

also on the topic of what you wanna make, there's one caveat when it comes to the game generating new sims - something you might not have known about if you didn't play for long enough - the game WILL generate humans and disabling generation entirely can cause all sorts of problems. when i tackle modifying how the game generates sims, for an all-anthro world - i'll be sure to let you and everyone here know.

Isn't Sora's mods on fur affinity? I did check before about 2 months ago (Maybe 3). She blocked me when I asked why her patreon only mods are on fur affinity for free. I asked her this on a mod on her fur affinity account. I'm confused, I can't google "fur affinity SoraFoxyTeils",  her account won't show up at all yet I still have a link to her account, and I checked it rn it still exist. Despite being blocked I can still see her posts on that site, I just can't comment on them. I'm seeing that she keeps blocking people, couple of 'hidden comments' on her posts here and there... Is it that just someone impersonating her or something? Sorry for being off topic, but this is also kinda on topic seeing how her mods are a bit more difficult to get now and it's needed for your mods. Does anyone want me to link her strange fa account? 

I have proof, took a screenshot-

Screenshot (780).png

Edited by ReeceyB
16 minutes ago, ReeceyB said:

Isn't Sora's mods on fur affinity? I did check before about 2 months ago (Maybe 3). She blocked me when I asked why her patreon only mods are on fur affinity for free. I asked her this on a mod on her fur affinity account. I'm confused, I can't google "fur affinity SoraFoxyTeils",  her account won't show up at all yet I still have a link to her account, and I checked it rn it still exist. Despite being blocked I can still see her posts on that site, I just can't comment on them. I'm seeing that she keeps blocking people, couple of 'hidden comments' on her posts here and there... Is it that just someone impersonating her or something? Sorry for being off topic, but this is also kinda on topic seeing how her mods are a bit more difficult to get now and it's needed for your mods. Does anyone want me to link her strange fa account? 

I have proof, took a screenshot-

Screenshot (780).png

not needed yet, as mentioned here.

On 1/18/2022 at 11:48 PM, BenjiThatFoxGuy said:

Hey!

this was actually written for future proofing, I haven't added a horse template yet.

When I add one, it will require her horse CC.

Same whenever I get around to do a dragon template, she has some horns I use on dragons so I would include a template like that.

Looking into it closely, my mod doesn't require anything by her atm.

in the next version apart from some missing templates when it comes to what Berni made and also what comes with the OG Furry mod, I'll also add a lombax template. It will require some parts I will later on list, as well as the lombax fur file I made and uploaded here as well.

PS. Sorry for late response.

Hope you enjoy!

i'm rethinking my templates now. stuff by sora is nice but i've learned how to make my own stuff and i'm considering making stuff from scratch to fully replace her stuff.

i like it but but it's hard to get as you mentioned plus it's sometimes a little bit on the low poly side

Edited by BenjiThatFoxGuy
grammar mistake fix
1 hour ago, BenjiThatFoxGuy said:

what would the "Furry Age of Sims" mod entail? do you mean a modpack?

I'm mainly a Beth game modder, so modpacks can eat shit and die for all I care. ?

Nah, in this case I picture it as just a bunch of .package files made using the tool I mentioned to make all base game + DLC sims furry, as well as several community-made-and-donated premade furry households/sims for random generation (more on that on the responses below).

The actual furry mods themselves (SaveState, yours, Sora's, or otherwise) would be requirements not included in the mod's download and would have to be obtained from the original author's sources because that's how it's done in Beth-land. None of that "imma bundle several GBs worth of content without the authors' permission with my shitty single sim download" bullshit some cringerinas from the Sims 4 community seem to love.

and a fair share of warning; modpacks in sims 4 are usually not too well perceived considering the havoc mods can wreck in this game and also the fact modpacks aren't as nice to update as individual mods.

while i don't agree with Deaderpool's elitism, i do agree with what he and many people keep on saying - DON'T DOWNLOAD MOD FOLDERS (aka modpacks when it comes to Sims 4).

Thanks for the heads up, but, eh... see first line above, lol.

also i hope i won't swallow my own words, but i'm also working on making the sims 4 furry mod more immersive. traits, mechanics, DD and WW integration etc

but it's too early to say more.

That definitely sounds intriguing and I hope whatever it is you're attempting to pull off does work out.

also on the topic of what you wanna make, there's one caveat when it comes to the game generating new sims - something you might not have known about if you didn't play for long enough - the game WILL generate humans and disabling generation entirely can cause all sorts of problems. when i tackle modifying how the game generates sims, for an all-anthro world - i'll be sure to let you and everyone here know.

So far I've gotten around that issue with MCCC. It has an option to force the game to spawn Tray sims instead of generating new ones, so if you fill your tray with furry sims you can have those spawn when the game tries to add a new townie/sim. And whenever it does spawn one or two humans, you can manually furrify them and save them to the Tray so they'll also be available for future playthroughs.

2 hours ago, ReeceyB said:

@BenjiThatFoxGuyAny plans to share some screenshots of your new stuff? Will it be uploaded just to your site when you finish it, or will it be uploaded here too? 

i plan to release preproduction things on patreon + share them with friends, then once it's prime time it's going to be on my site.
when you press "Download" here on LL, it redirects you to my site already anyways.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I'm mainly a Beth game modder, so modpacks can eat shit and die for all I care. ?

Nah, in this case I picture it as just a bunch of .package files made using the tool I mentioned to make all base game + DLC sims furry, as well as several community-made-and-donated premade furry households/sims for random generation (more on that on the responses below).

The actual furry mods themselves (SaveState, yours, Sora's, or otherwise) would be requirements not included in the mod's download and would have to be obtained from the original author's sources because that's how it's done in Beth-land. None of that "imma bundle several GBs worth of content without the authors' permission with my shitty single sim download" bullshit some cringerinas from the Sims 4 community seem to love.

Thanks for the heads up, but, eh... see first line above, lol.

That definitely sounds intriguing and I hope whatever it is you're attempting to pull off does work out.

So far I've gotten around that issue with MCCC. It has an option to force the game to spawn Tray sims instead of generating new ones, so if you fill your tray with furry sims you can have those spawn when the game tries to add a new townie/sim. And whenever it does spawn one or two humans, you can manually furrify them and save them to the Tray so they'll also be available for future playthroughs.

that MCC part sounds promising, problem is MCCC stores their config 50/50 in mods folder and save files.
so we're back to the whole "imma have to send ya my Mods folder and saves folder" problem

let me tell you this, your idea is literally identical to what i wanna achieve with this in the end game so we can collaborate or you can just let me do this xD

i call it "The Furs 4" though and i've already made huge progress with all the prototypes for every bit of this "package" with .package files (;p).

2 hours ago, ReeceyB said:

@BenjiThatFoxGuyAny plans to share some screenshots of your new stuff? Will it be uploaded just to your site when you finish it, or will it be uploaded here too? 

i just shared a teaser where i randomly generate some sims in cas and easily anthrofy them on my telegram channel

https://t.me/BenjiTheBlueFox/502

screenshots will go to both my telegram channel and here to LL, sfw friendly recordings will go to YT and will have a link shared here on LL

small correction
4 minutes ago, BenjiThatFoxGuy said:

that MCC part sounds promising, problem is MCCC stores their config 50/50 in mods folder and save files.
so we're back to the whole "imma have to send ya my Mods folder and saves folder" problem

IIRC the settings that control that from-Tray spawning function are all kept in the .ini file next to the MCCC install (unless they changed that in recent updates) so you could just share a pre-configured one.

Otherwise, there's the option of simply telling people how to enable that option in the MCCC config manually themselves in the mod description, it's easy as hell so even braindead dummies can do it with some proper instructions.

4 minutes ago, BenjiThatFoxGuy said:

let me tell you this, your idea is literally identical to what i wanna achieve with this in the end game so we can collaborate or you can just let me do this xD

I think I still have a save file with all vanilla sims furrified up to... the DLC with the Japan-ish world, can't remember the name. Could be useful to save time there, combined with the "replace vanilla Sims appearance as a .package" mod, unless you've covered those already.

Pretty sure I used some SoraFoxy parts on some of them so those would need to be replaced, though.

42 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

IIRC the settings that control that from-Tray spawning function are all kept in the .ini file next to the MCCC install (unless they changed that in recent updates) so you could just share a pre-configured one.

Otherwise, there's the option of simply telling people how to enable that option in the MCCC config manually themselves in the mod description, it's easy as hell so even braindead dummies can do it with some proper instructions.

I think I still have a save file with all vanilla sims furrified up to... the DLC with the Japan-ish world, can't remember the name. Could be useful to save time there, combined with the "replace vanilla Sims appearance as a .package" mod, unless you've covered those already.

Pretty sure I used some SoraFoxy parts on some of them so those would need to be replaced, though.

i already have everyone covered, with most of them relying on the base furry mod.
the maxis replacer is also *almost* ready.

also sharing MCC ini is still non-ideal, as a lot of people who use it do change a thing or two.

i know i keep on complaining, but really now it's much better to avoid public shared configs unless you're sharing it only with friends for a Sims 4 lanplay session (so your configs and mods have to be the same for s4mp/simsync to work)
i'll just try to conjure up some scripting magic in the future, for now "cas.fulleditmode" and going into cas and using the templates mod should have to do :3

I'd love to see a new set of base shapes for furry mods. I like having the option to have differently shaped noses/snouts without removing/ruining the default nose slider, since I do play regular humans a lot too, so the more sculpts I have for furry faces the better. (If I'm reading that right about making your own base package of stuff, sorry if I'm missing something obvious lol)

11 hours ago, Floramei said:

I'd love to see a new set of base shapes for furry mods. I like having the option to have differently shaped noses/snouts without removing/ruining the default nose slider, since I do play regular humans a lot too, so the more sculpts I have for furry faces the better. (If I'm reading that right about making your own base package of stuff, sorry if I'm missing something obvious lol)

I am expanding upon the furry mod in new species, making the furry mod easier to use and making it more immersive.

The new species are on the backburner, the priority is now making it easier to use by adding some templates.

The priority after that, is making it more immersive by making premade maxis families anthros from the start (only on new saves, that's unfortunately a limitation of the game).

The priority after that, is maybe adding some traits for immersion. I mentioned the general idea above, stuff like wet fur and kinks in DD (maybe even limited WW support).

Removing the nose slider override is a no-go, without this the muzzle look of anthros in the furry mod is extremely limited and workarounds for this are janky at best.

By the way what's up with the nose slider? I have some humans in my save, and they look alright.

clarify
3 hours ago, BenjiThatFoxGuy said:

no, thank you for being interested ^^"

when i make stuff that isn't generally catered to myself or close people, the most i worry about is whether'd people care

When you say "stuff that isn't generally catered to myself or close people", do you mean "stuff that I want to do but is meant for public release and not just being me/friends-only", or "stuff that is not meant for me (and I don't particularly care much about) but is meant for public release"? I assume it's the former, but it's a bit ambiguous. And if it's the latter, then I'd have to ask why you work on stuff not catered to yourself.

I mean, all the stuff I do, I do it because I want to do it, be it because I'm really interested in it or just because I'm mildly interested and need something to do to pass the time.

But anyhow, yeah, what you plan to work on does seem interesting to me at least.

----------------------------------------------

Speaking of which, I've got a question there: one of the main issues I've had when trying to play a "furry world" in Sims is children. I can make anyone Young Adult or above into a furry, and keep them that way through the rest of their life, but if they try to build a family and have kids, those always turn out to be still human (and ugly abominations at that since they tend to inherit the white skin tone and bugged eyes, lol).

So there's no way to "continue the bloodline" there, therefore making 50% of the "standard" Sims gameplay loop pointless (or at least enough of a dredge that it isn't worth playing IMO). I mean... if characters can't age too fast (because then they'll die and it's game over without any offspring to take the mantle) then most of the "rush" on jobs and promotions and completing aspirations and such before life time runs out is gone, and eventually everything's done and there's nothing left to do.

Anyhow, there's two main issues there:

1. There's no toddler/child-compatible furry parts. Someone refit the base SaveState dog/cat parts a while ago (I still have the file but I don't know what the source was, someone else sent them my way), but that still leaves the other "races" missing, including the lizards/dragons/sharks added in the v2 SaveState update as well as the other races like Berni's or Sora's (e.g. rabbits, horses, sergals, that kind of stuff). Are you planning on making child-compatible versions of whatever new heads/parts you create? And presumably of the base SaveState parts as well?
  2. Even if parts were to exist, the age-up process removes them and you're forced to use CAS cheats to manually add them back. Which is better than nothing but is still a chore. Is there any way to have those hypothetical parts be re-applied through all the age jumps until Teen/Young Adult are reached (I don't think I've ever had them reset after that)? Some kind of hidden trait that force-applies the parts, or maybe some kind of script that runs before and after ageup that stores info on which furry parts are applied and re-applies them after the jump (or their matching versions if going from child to teen or whatever)? I honestly know jack about TS4 modding and the kind of stuff that's possible there but I assume there must be some way to do this.
Edited by Blaze69
6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

When you say "stuff that isn't generally catered to myself or close people", do you mean "stuff that I want to do but is meant for public release and not just being me/friends-only", or "stuff that is not meant for me (and I don't particularly care much about) but is meant for public release"? I assume it's the former, but it's a bit ambiguous. And if it's the latter, then I'd have to ask why you work on stuff not catered to yourself.

I mean, all the stuff I do, I do it because I want to do it, be it because I'm really interested in it or just because I'm mildly interested and need something to do to pass the time.

But anyhow, yeah, what you plan to work on does seem interesting to me at least.

----------------------------------------------

Speaking of which, I've got a question there: one of the main issues I've had when trying to play a "furry world" in Sims is children. I can make anyone Young Adult or above into a furry, and keep them that way through the rest of their life, but if they try to build a family and have kids, those always turn out to be still human (and ugly abominations at that since they tend to inherit the white skin tone and bugged eyes, lol).

So there's no way to "continue the bloodline" there, therefore making 50% of the "standard" Sims gameplay loop pointless (or at least enough of a dredge that it isn't worth playing IMO). I mean... if characters can't age too fast (because then they'll die and it's game over without any offspring to take the mantle) then most of the "rush" on jobs and promotions and completing aspirations and such before life time runs out is gone, and eventually everything's done and there's nothing left to do.

Anyhow, there's two main issues there:

1. There's no toddler/child-compatible furry parts. Someone refit the base SaveState dog/cat parts a while ago (I still have the file but I don't know what the source was, someone else sent them my way), but that still leaves the other "races" missing, including the lizards/dragons/sharks added in the v2 SaveState update as well as the other races like Berni's or Sora's (e.g. rabbits, horses, sergals, that kind of stuff). Are you planning on making child-compatible versions of whatever new heads/parts you create? And presumably of the base SaveState parts as well?
  2. Even if parts were to exist, the age-up process removes them and you're forced to use CAS cheats to manually add them back. Which is better than nothing but is still a chore. Is there any way to have those hypothetical parts be re-applied through all the age jumps until Teen/Young Adult are reached (I don't think I've ever had them reset after that)? Some kind of hidden trait that force-applies the parts, or maybe some kind of script that runs before and after ageup that stores info on which furry parts are applied and re-applies them after the jump (or their matching versions if going from child to teen or whatever)? I honestly know jack about TS4 modding and the kind of stuff that's possible there but I assume there must be some way to do this.

0. It’s ambiguous because I can’t find a good way to explain it without examples and we’d be here all day and I’d have to talk about what I’m into so that I can give that example. Let’s just say things that wouldn’t be of use to others, or if they were they’d need to be prepared for that.

Literally the original upload mentions I do stuff for myself but I’ve gotten convinced to upload some of it.

1. There are. But this game’s genetics are hell for modmaking and I don’t even wanna think about how hard it would be to make the game actually take proper parts for kids, age-up but without assigning them to human sims or sims of wrong anthro species. and yes there's no rest of it, because that's also an immense amount of work required. my current focus is expanding upon what exists, making it more immersive and easier to use. more fun to play too.

2. The age up process removes them because they have no genetic info, because that info is really hard to add in. Only CC you’ll generally see genetics in are custom traits and eye/hair colours, because it’s easy to implement in that specific case so it’s a no brainer to CC creators. 

In conclusion

once more it would be amazing to make it near perfect for gameplay but that’s just wishful thinking, stuff we may conquer in the future but stuff I have no way of seriously considering even as there’s some challenges I have to deal with rn so that I can achieve even the simplest of my goals I’ve made for this whole endeavour.

and so far I’ve only got one collaboration offer, mods isn’t the only thing I’m doing so I’m trying my hardest to split my time fairly so that the work already done doesn’t go to waste.

addendum;

in response to the “there must be a way to do this part”
the only simple solution for mods is easily telling the game what to use for opposite frame etc. you’ll have to do custom genetics if you wanted proper age-up and proper passing down, and with the furry variety this would make it even harder. the game doesn’t really distinguish more than things needed by the vanilla game aka human races. and definining custom archetypes is either impossible or could be also very hard too. but it would be required to properly distinguish what species is who for genetics. because I already distinguish species using traits, that’s just of no use to genetics unfortunately 

addendum #2
about the "but it is a chore part"

that is LITERALLY the reason of templates mod's existence

and there is a ton of fun in making your own sims

so if you don't find it fun this game may not be for you

addendum #3 

the majority of simmers actually play with aging off, to keep on telling the ongoing story of a family/sim like in a sitcom

as a result not a lot of mods focus on fixing a conflict with the aging, if they have one in the first place

addendum #4

you can use MCC to mass remove kids from the world if you really don't want human kids to walk around in your game but are not willing to put in the work to anthrofy them

sidenote, i know i'm repeating myself but like i said in addendum #2 - in the sims the fun is in creating THEN playing it so if this game feels like a chore maybe it's not for you

addendum #5 

yes, seems about right.
anthrofying via scriptmods would do the game a disservice.

if you're a person like Turbo, with janky python solutions - go ahead make a mod that does this on the fly and watch your computer suffer.the the furs 4 was always meant to be simplistic and trying to hook into the game as nicely as possible

addendum #6

i want to focus on the creative part of this game.

don't you think you're entering "using mods to turn one game into another game" territory?

the furry mod smartly adds more, and relies on the player to creatively add more. 

maybe even recreate their OCs

Addendum #5 and Addendum #6

i'll be writing a strict TOS soon to avoid people taking what i'm doing, and incorporating it into anything which could create confusion with this project or the base furry mod and the bits by Berni/Sora. i want The Furs 4 to be a nice welcoming experience, void of bloat and full of nice Vanilla-friendly/Maxis-match additions which might make the furry mod easier and a little more fun without detracting from the creative experience or becoming a development hell.

11 hours ago, BenjiThatFoxGuy said:

1. There are. But this game’s genetics are hell for modmaking and I don’t even wanna think about how hard it would be to make the game actually take proper parts for kids, age-up but without assigning them to human sims or sims of wrong anthro species. and yes there's no rest of it, because that's also an immense amount of work required. my current focus is expanding upon what exists, making it more immersive and easier to use. more fun to play too.

2. The age up process removes them because they have no genetic info, because that info is really hard to add in. Only CC you’ll generally see genetics in are custom traits and eye/hair colours, because it’s easy to implement in that specific case so it’s a no brainer to CC creators.

I honestly don't know how Sims 4 works under the hood, but seeing how the game has systems in place to inherit appearance traits, how some CC already does that (e.g. the custom skin tone and the "furry-compatible" eye preset added by SaveState do seem to be inherited properly), and how the game is supposed to be moddable, I assumed it was possible to have other parts also use that system, though whether that'd be an easy task or not I didn't know.

For all the shit we like to give to Bethesda for their games being half-broken, they do seem to offer modding capabilities that no other games can reach outside of maybe Garry's Mod or whatever, so maybe I've been spoiled by their workflow and expect too much of other "moddable" games. ?‍♂️

Moreso considering I keep seeing it mentioned that TS4 was originally meant to be an online-only mobile game and such and the game engine is full of spaghetti code that'd make Godd Howard himself blush, so...

In conclusion

once more it would be amazing to make it near perfect for gameplay but that’s just wishful thinking, stuff we may conquer in the future but stuff I have no way of seriously considering even as there’s some challenges I have to deal with rn so that I can achieve even the simplest of my goals I’ve made for this whole endeavour.

and so far I’ve only got one collaboration offer, mods isn’t the only thing I’m doing so I’m trying my hardest to split my time fairly so that the work already done doesn’t go to waste.

I wasn't... demanding or anything? I was just legit curious. As I said, I don't know how the game works under the hood and what can (and can't) be done, and apparently my only point of reference (Beth games) is actually not a good reference, so that's why. And even if there was a way to do it, I wasn't asking it be made rIgHt NaO or anything, I know modding takes time and ultimately it's up to what the author can do and what they're willing to do.

addendum;

in response to the “there must be a way to do this part”
the only simple solution for mods is easily telling the game what to use for opposite frame etc. you’ll have to do custom genetics if you wanted proper age-up and proper passing down, and with the furry variety this would make it even harder. the game doesn’t really distinguish more than things needed by the vanilla game aka human races. and definining custom archetypes is either impossible or could be also very hard too. but it would be required to properly distinguish what species is who for genetics. because I already distinguish species using traits, that’s just of no use to genetics unfortunately 

TIL. Also see first paragraph above.

addendum #2
about the "but it is a chore part"

that is LITERALLY the reason of templates mod's existence

and there is a ton of fun in making your own sims

so if you don't find it fun this game may not be for you

I mean... yeah, creating characters is fun, otherwise I wouldn't even be playing the game, lol. What isn't fun for me is having to use console commands and "cheats" to manually fix bugged-out Carpenter-tier abominations every time a character jumps between age stages, at least assuming there was a way to avoid it (which I now know there's probably not).

addendum #3 

the majority of simmers actually play with aging off, to keep on telling the ongoing story of a family/sim like in a sitcom

as a result not a lot of mods focus on fixing a conflict with the aging, if they have one in the first place

Again, TIL. I've always played sims (even with older games) with aging enabled because that's what I personally feel the game is balanced around (I use the term "balanced" loosely), otherwise to me it feels like everything is "too easy" and (at least in TS4) sims can end up reaching max level on all careers and maxing out all skills and such with ease; the "time limit" offered by aging kinda keeps that in check. (Of course the alternative is to self-impose restrictions with no ingame "enforcement", but I find that a bit... well, jarring).

addendum #4

you can use MCC to mass remove kids from the world if you really don't want human kids to walk around in your game but are not willing to put in the work to anthrofy them

Again, I don't mind antrofying them the first time they spawn, because that's a given (automatic/script-based anthro-fication would be cool but now I understand the game's limitations would make it janky as hell if not outright impossible). What I don't like is randomly coming across Eldtrich abominations after going for a walk or loading up an existing household because some toddler aged up and got all the furry parts removed but kept the weird skin tone and eye preset. Again, because I assumed there was a way to avoid that.

yes, seems about right.
anthrofying via scriptmods would do the game a disservice.

if you're a person like Turbo, with janky python solutions - go ahead make a mod that does this on the fly and watch your computer suffer.the the furs 4 was always meant to be simplistic and trying to hook into the game as nicely as possible

I honestly don't see how that'd be a "disservice" considering one can always alter any character whose look they don't like afterwards.

Back in Skyrim and FO4 we (or rather I should say Bad Dog) developed xEdit scripts that can take care of batch-furryfying NPCs and giving them somewhat decent furry looks with no player input, and that's a godsend because otherwise every single NPC would have to be edited manually and, considering there's several hundred NPCs in the game, that'd be absolute hell. That doesn't stop one from manually tweaking NPCs whose likes they are not a fan of, for example, and several important/main NPCs were tweaked manually after running the script to give them the unique look they deserved. I'd maybe understand the "disservice" angle if automatic generation meant manual adjustments were impossible, but that's not the case.

Unless you mean those kind of scripted solutions are buggy/janky and/or clutter the game's script engine causing performance issues and bugs with other mods' scripts (something which we do have as well with Papyrus in Beth games), in which case I guess I see your point.

i want to focus on the creative part of this game.

don't you think you're entering "using mods to turn one game into another game" territory?

the furry mod smartly adds more, and relies on the player to creatively add more. 

maybe even recreate their OCs

I'm... not sure why you're telling me this? Did I, like, strike a nerve or something like that? Again, honest question, I know jack about TS4 modding, and if I asked for something preposterous or extreme or whatever and came out as what I like to call "Nexus macaco" (we get plenty of those over at Beth modding) which demands ridiculously complicated if not outright impossible stuff, I'd really like to know.

Edited by Blaze69

there's nothing that matches Todd's spaghetti.

Sims 4 was never meant to be mobile, it's just not always as easy to mod a game like this.

like i said, it's genetics and if i wanted to use a meme to explain in short i would send a meme that would say "Sims 4 modders be like; We don't talk about the genetics"

the cheat is literally a few seconds and the template mod was meant to remove the chore part, as long as you actually do want to be creative about it still

and no this game obviously offers far more challenges, and like i said the aging-on playstyle doesn't seem to be as prevalent as it once was

it would be a disservice because it would be a janky broken solution which could only make things worse, exactly like you mentioned ^^’

and comparing a life-simulation's character gen to a different game is apples to oranges type of comparison.

and yea i'm trying my bestest to not be rude, it's just like you said - you are not in this field so the things you suggest range from "i would love to do this but it's either hell or impossible" or "why would someone want such big automation in a sims game, since it's all about creativity"

i'm not like some modders who wouldn't give a shit, so like i'm actually addressing your ideas and trying to help you understand at least the minimum of the nitty and gitty of going balls-deep into the engine.

hope that helps and hope the templates mod makes the manual anthrofication much easier and less of a chore, and hope my new additions will make the furry mod even more worthwhile.

addendum #1

there's an always cas fulledit mod by TwistedMexi which silently enters this cheat in the background for you so long you at least launch one household after a game restart (game limitation unfortunately)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

added my sockscompatible paws

you still gotta have the base furry mod for it to work

this is an additional file that adds another paw option in skin details

if you choose these when creating a sim you will be able to equip socks

the side effect is that you have to remove the socks the game might have RNG'd into your outfits that you do not want to be there because well now they aren't getting excluded

hope you enjoy!

PS. This was part of the early access "program" on my patreon

you can support me for 3$ on patreon to get early access and wips of mods ^^