The Furs 4 - Benji's Sims 4 Furry Corner (previously known as "Benji's Furry and Anthro Stash (Anthro, Furry and more)")

On 11/1/2022 at 12:30 PM, Xyanyde said:

So is Sora;s mod mandatory still for this mod?

all of Sora's mods, even on furaffinty, to download it you go straight to the patrion page

just askin cuz i dunno

i did mention it a bit above that not yet, that this was "futureproofing"

LL doesn't have a native way to display requirements per-file, so i'm going to eventually create a nice downloads page with all of them listed :)

On 11/1/2022 at 7:30 AM, Xyanyde said:

So is Sora;s mod mandatory still for this mod?

all of Sora's mods, even on furaffinty, to download it you go straight to the patrion page

just askin cuz i dunno

If you look at their telegram there's a file that has their cc in it called furrymodfull, though you will need to get telegram to dl it.

21 hours ago, darknessninja575 said:

If you look at their telegram there's a file that has their cc in it called furrymodfull, though you will need to get telegram to dl it.

that's definitely a merged file and that's usually not recommended cuz those files get huge and the game can handle only files over a certain size, then loading times grow EXPONENTIALLY

Edited by BenjiThatFoxGuy
  • 4 weeks later...

hey guys! i've just posted a poll on Patreon
You can vote here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/75488017
it's very important, i want to be able to decide how to handle families that have children in regards to the "Premade maxis replacer"
If you don't know what that mod will do, here's a recap;
You know when you always start a new save and the townies are still hyyomans? 
Once this mod is finished, with it installed - townies will be anthros right from the get go on every new save created while the mod was installed.

(poll should be open to everyone, this is an exception because this is a big decision on one of the mods that will be part of the package and I think it's only fair to let the community vote)

here's a Trello link to track my progress, I'll slowly be updating it as I finish tasks for the mod

https://trello.com/b/8mRdlAnc/the-furs-4-mod-progress

if you want to access early versions of my mods, you can support me on Patreon https://patreon.com/BenjiThatFoxGuy

everything goes free up to two weeks after it's finished

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

A few new important updates;

- I'm working on redesigning the The Furs 4 website (yes again, I know) so that it's ready for when some of the mods go public soon

- I have had tremendous progress on many parts of the project

- I have managed to fix muzzle morphs on female sims (so you can finally readjust the nose and the muzzle again :D). I will publish that soon once the website is finally redone.

Hope you enjoy, and merry christmas to y'all.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So is there any reason to update this? Seems kind of pointless to update the change log with things that only subscribers to your Patreon get. It seems like that's something that should be updated on your Patreon, not LL. Or am I missing something? Also, Maxis is pursuing people who lock stuff permanently behind paywalls, like all the links I click here. Are you going to update that, or should I just ignore your posts from now on? Taking me to another site outside of LL just to pay for these features seem a little dirty to me.

EXCERT FROM EA answers

"Good morning folks! So I've been alerted to this thread by the mods and wanted to provide some insight here on two points of discussion: CC/Mods locked behind a paywall and Patreon.

1. CC/Mods Locked Behind Paywalls - Creators cannot lock content they make using our game behind a paywall. While we do not police this content (there is no way we would create a team simply to monitor this) we do take reports sent to us seriously and action accordingly.
  2. Patreon- We understand that folks who make CC / Mods for others to enjoy are doing it in their free time and may desire to offset costs to create the content by using this service. As long as the content is still made availableFOR FREEwe do not mind these types of pages. Folks who have a Patreon page are welcome to provide folks with "early access" incentives for their content but it should be made available to the general public within 2-3 weeks of it being given to folks early.

This is not new, this post was from 2021.

I have been checking back for almost a month now, and everything is still locked. I have no problem people getting the support for creating things by getting the files early, but it is against Maxis ToS to lock it permanently.

Edited by Rustlenova
13 hours ago, Rustlenova said:

So is there any reason to update this? Seems kind of pointless to update the change log with things that only subscribers to your Patreon get. It seems like that's something that should be updated on your Patreon, not LL. Or am I missing something? Also, Maxis is pursuing people who lock stuff permanently behind paywalls, like all the links I click here. Are you going to update that, or should I just ignore your posts from now on? Taking me to another site outside of LL just to pay for these features seem a little dirty to me.

EXCERT FROM EA answers

"Good morning folks! So I've been alerted to this thread by the mods and wanted to provide some insight here on two points of discussion: CC/Mods locked behind a paywall and Patreon.

1. CC/Mods Locked Behind Paywalls - Creators cannot lock content they make using our game behind a paywall. While we do not police this content (there is no way we would create a team simply to monitor this) we do take reports sent to us seriously and action accordingly.
  2. Patreon- We understand that folks who make CC / Mods for others to enjoy are doing it in their free time and may desire to offset costs to create the content by using this service. As long as the content is still made availableFOR FREEwe do not mind these types of pages. Folks who have a Patreon page are welcome to provide folks with "early access" incentives for their content but it should be made available to the general public within 2-3 weeks of it being given to folks early.

This is not new, this post was from 2021.

I have been checking back for almost a month now, and everything is still locked. I have no problem people getting the support for creating things by getting the files early, but it is against Maxis ToS to lock it permanently.

Are you actually checking though? There's at least two mods publicly available already.

You should do a better job, you read their TOS but got confused by my downloads site :)

Much like TwistedMexi, my Patreon grants you access to early versions. Permanent paywalling is wrong and even without Maxis's TOS reminding me of it, I wouldn't do it.

My finished mods always go public ASAP and I've just reached a milestone to the point that the simpler version of the mod was going to go public soon with the new improvements being in Beta.

The only thing I must admit, is that I forget to update LL about what goes public so you did get me there.

But so do I suck at updating the public Trello. I just work on things, forgetting to update the 'social channels'. Just hoping to get stuff finished.

The download button on LL brings you to the website, where if you actually clicked the mods section you'd see there is already public stuff.
Please don't go around accusing people of breaking TOS-es, that's not gonna get you anywhere.

Now to add to "is there a reason to update on LL?". I thought so initially. May convince people to support me, and if people can't/don't want to - they'll know there's something coming they'll get access to soon :3 

But fair enough on the criticisms of the file updates on LL promo-ing stuff unavailable yet. I'll just post about these only when I also have something going public. This way it doesn't look like I'm trying to get your money. My bad. Just trying to make it work. Sorry.
I'm hard @ work to finish this stuff up and publish the versions I am happy enough with.

My Patrons help me test it as a first line of defence if I messed up DLC dependency or other CC dependency, then when stuff goes public and if it's still somehow broken you can always let me know and I'll fix it asap.

So if you tried to download any of the public mods (for instance as of today these are the muzzle fixes + socks compatible paws and the first version of templates in the coming days) and got an access denied or a redirect, let me know and I'll sort it out.

I'm just one person and might mess up the redirections and links by accident, but there's always a way to fix it.

merge posts
1 hour ago, BenjiThatFoxGuy said:

Are you actually checking though? There's at least two mods publicly available already.

You should do a better job, you read their TOS but got confused by my downloads site :)

Much like TwistedMexi, my Patreon grants you access to early versions. Permanent paywalling is wrong and even without Maxis's TOS reminding me of it, I wouldn't do it.

My finished mods always go public ASAP and I've just reached a milestone to the point that the simpler version of the mod was going to go public soon with the new improvements being in Beta.

The only thing I must admit, is that I forget to update LL about what goes public so you did get me there.

But so do I suck at updating the public Trello. I just work on things, forgetting to update the 'social channels'. Just hoping to get stuff finished.

The download button on LL brings you to the website, where if you actually clicked the mods section you'd see there is already public stuff.
Please don't go around accusing people of breaking TOS-es, that's not gonna get you anywhere.

Now to add to "is there a reason to update on LL?". I thought so initially. May convince people to support me, and if people can't/don't want to - they'll know there's something coming they'll get access to soon :3 

But fair enough on the criticisms of the file updates on LL promo-ing stuff unavailable yet. I'll just post about these only when I also have something going public. This way it doesn't look like I'm trying to get your money. My bad. Just trying to make it work. Sorry.
I'm hard @ work to finish this stuff up and publish the versions I am happy enough with.

My Patrons help me test it as a first line of defence if I messed up DLC dependency or other CC dependency, then when stuff goes public and if it's still somehow broken you can always let me know and I'll fix it asap.

So if you tried to download any of the public mods (for instance as of today these are the muzzle fixes + socks compatible paws and the first version of templates in the coming days) and got an access denied or a redirect, let me know and I'll sort it out.

I'm just one person and might mess up the redirections and links by accident, but there's always a way to fix it.

I am not the brightest star in the sky, that I will admit. Your site absolutely confused me, and I will let you know if I find a problem downloading the stuff. The ToS post was because I have run across several other Sims 4 content creators who were not aware of the paywall rule. Also, I was dealing with a lot of crap yesterday, so my words came off far more aggressive than I meant it to. I have zero issues with people wanting cost offsets to be able to reimburse the time and effort they put into a thing. And despite the complaining on my end, I do appreciate you and others like you who do what I can't figure out how and make one of my favorite games even better. That said, I am glad I could help you streamline these downloads for others so this confusion doesn't happen again. By all means, please let people know you have more under Patreon that is getting tested. And if I may make one more suggestion? Perhaps a more clearly defined difference on your site about what's free and what's under construction on Patreon still? Thank you again for explaining so well and thank you for putting up with a dumb dog like me.

4 hours ago, Rustlenova said:

I am not the brightest star in the sky, that I will admit. Your site absolutely confused me, and I will let you know if I find a problem downloading the stuff. The ToS post was because I have run across several other Sims 4 content creators who were not aware of the paywall rule. Also, I was dealing with a lot of crap yesterday, so my words came off far more aggressive than I meant it to. I have zero issues with people wanting cost offsets to be able to reimburse the time and effort they put into a thing. And despite the complaining on my end, I do appreciate you and others like you who do what I can't figure out how and make one of my favorite games even better. That said, I am glad I could help you streamline these downloads for others so this confusion doesn't happen again. By all means, please let people know you have more under Patreon that is getting tested. And if I may make one more suggestion? Perhaps a more clearly defined difference on your site about what's free and what's under construction on Patreon still? Thank you again for explaining so well and thank you for putting up with a dumb dog like me.

I'm a dumb fox so we're even hehe

don't worry about it, plus when it comes to the distinction I guess it's as simple as using the "badges" I slap onto things to categorise them. will do and hope you have a nice day

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Benji just out of curiosity, and i know do to the complex nature of it, that it might take a while to implement. But i am very much a family oriented simmer and i was just wondering if there are any plans to furry up the upcoming infants. As i find it odd that my furry sims have to have hooman babies presently.

Edited by Roxie Lyerri
On 3/7/2023 at 8:39 PM, Roxie Lyerri said:

Hey Benji just out of curiosity, and i know do to the complex nature of it, that it might take a while to implement. But i am very much a family oriented simmer and i was just wondering if there are any plans to furry up the upcoming infants. As i find it odd that my furry sims have to have hooman babies presently.

no promises, especially because I'm not the best with rigging - especially sims 4 rigging
but I may as well attempt it

just a heads up, even if a theoretical support for toddlers gets made by anyone - me, cyangeom, Berni or Tim - it won't be automatic.

so your sims will still have a hooman baby that you'll have to "turn anthro" if that makes any sense.

that's because of how hard it is to add genetics to something like that, especially for that to take the parents' species into consideration

keep in mind this is all assuming all of the issues introduced by that huge patch are fixed

i'm expecting some possible rig changes or maybe technical stuff related to age appropriate tags that could get messed up

avoiding double posting
On 3/11/2023 at 6:48 AM, BenjiThatFoxGuy said:

no promises, especially because I'm not the best with rigging - especially sims 4 rigging
but I may as well attempt it

just a heads up, even if a theoretical support for toddlers gets made by anyone - me, cyangeom, Berni or Tim - it won't be automatic.

so your sims will still have a hooman baby that you'll have to "turn anthro" if that makes any sense.

that's because of how hard it is to add genetics to something like that, especially for that to take the parents' species into consideration

keep in mind this is all assuming all of the issues introduced by that huge patch are fixed

i'm expecting some possible rig changes or maybe technical stuff related to age appropriate tags that could get messed up

Heck, i do that already for child sims and again for when they age up to teens anyway so that's no problem for me, it'd be business as usual and any attempt would be greatly appreciated form you lot!

And yes i am also anticipating my game breaking as well which is a shame because ever since discovering these mods i find it hard to go back to vanilla sims.

10 minutes ago, Roxie Lyerri said:

Heck, i do that already for child sims and again for when they age up to teens anyway so that's no problem for me, it'd be business as usual and any attempt would be greatly appreciated form you lot!

And yes i am also anticipating my game breaking as well which is a shame because ever since discovering these mods i find it hard to go back to vanilla sims.

It doesn’t have to break if you just don’t update though ^^

• 3 weeks later...

copied from Patreon;

Progress update - Toddlers update and Get Together DLC compatibility

Hey!

I've monitored the situation closely over time and I've noticed that most if not all major mods have been updated to work with the current version of the game - including running them alongside the new dlc.

I'm updating my game and installing the DLC as I type this, I'll be able to test the compatibility and fix any issues that arise - alongside working on the additions.

As long as everything goes smoothly, the next version of all the mods will assume you're running at least the toddlers patch/get together prepatch with no support provided to anyone running a previous version of the game.

• 1 month later...

I can't download the public socks compatible paws addon. On the website, it redirects to the patron download so it cannont be downloaded there. Following the direct link you posted here in an earlier post, neither the addon or replacement version downloads work.

For the addon, I get this error:

Access denied
Error code 1020
You do not have access to cdn.benjifox.gay.
The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site.

Error details
Provide the site owner this information.

I got an error when visiting cdn.benjifox.gay/thefurs/[Benji]sockcompatiblepaws-addon.zip.

Error code: 1020
Ray ID: 7d008861997049f5
Data center: ord02
IP: 2601:247:c800:1520:b94d:291a:2fc1:88d5
Timestamp: 2023-05-31 16:18:26 UTC

For the replacement, I get this error:

thefurs.benjifox.gay says

Sorry, this mod hasn't been moved to the new site yet! Please standby, this page is still under construction.

(reposted because I forgot to select "Follow topic", my apologies)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 11:30 AM, hw102 said:

I can't download the public socks compatible paws addon. On the website, it redirects to the patron download so it cannont be downloaded there. Following the direct link you posted here in an earlier post, neither the addon or replacement version downloads work.

For the addon, I get this error:

Access denied
Error code 1020
You do not have access to cdn.benjifox.gay.
The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site.

Error details
Provide the site owner this information.

I got an error when visiting cdn.benjifox.gay/thefurs/[Benji]sockcompatiblepaws-addon.zip.

Error code: 1020
Ray ID: 7d008861997049f5
Data center: ord02
IP: 2601:247:c800:1520:b94d:291a:2fc1:88d5
Timestamp: 2023-05-31 16:18:26 UTC

For the replacement, I get this error:

thefurs.benjifox.gay says

Sorry, this mod hasn't been moved to the new site yet! Please standby, this page is still under construction.

(reposted because I forgot to select "Follow topic", my apologies)

Tried again and I think the download issue has something to do with my browser, I was able to get the addon mod in another browser. The replacement mod and the download link on the website are still having these issues though.

10 hours ago, hw102 said:

Tried again and I think the download issue has something to do with my browser, I was able to get the addon mod in another browser. The replacement mod and the download link on the website are still having these issues though.

hey! which replacement mod exactly? you mean the fixes for the sliders? also sorry for the issue, I don't even know how but LL didn't send me a notification to your previous post. I'll look into it if you tell me what it was.

when it comes to the socks add-on, I haven't re-published it yet. it used to be public and after the redesign of the site, I haven't managed to give it a public section. I'll do it now.