Sims 4 crash report understading

Hello Guys!

Just curious: how can I look for the reason for the crash of the game? I mean with the help of the crash report.txt?

I don't know, sometimes the game is crashing randomly - nothing error report, just close itself. Not so often, but I really want to know why's doing that.

I know that the game create a crash report, but I can't understand that.

Thanks for the helpful answers.

Joan

Well, one strategy is to know what have you installed from the last not crash experience. Maybe one CC or mod is causing the crash.

Also, imo, MCCC is a great help as it shows double installations and much more.

Of course, always making sure that the mod versions match the release of the game update.

It happened to me, that one time a perfume caused lots of errors. Though i never had a real crash, just errors.

To reset the game, move your mods to a save location and delete the document folder of Sims and start the game. You can then step by step copy your mods back, starting with the base mods and build upon them.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, JoanPesci said:

Hello Guys!

Just curious: how can I look for the reason for the crash of the game? I mean with the help of the crash report.txt?

I don't know, sometimes the game is crashing randomly - nothing error report, just close itself. Not so often, but I really want to know why's doing that.

I know that the game create a crash report, but I can't understand that.

Thanks for the helpful answers.

Joan

Crash reports are only readable by EA unfortunately. You can start by doing what @wutpickel suggests. If the game keeps crashing without mods you can repair it through Origin or Steam, and start a new fresh save in case your save is corrupted. 

Too many sims for your specs, or too many sims in area (if you are using mods to get more than the 20 EA limit, or too much custom content even if it is updated and working properly are also frequent causes for random crashes.

Edited by babuchas