What just happened I’m so confused.

So coming from Bethesda.net it CTD’s. I disabled every mod. Then enabled one at a time to see which was causing. After about 120 mods I come across it. Mind you up until this moment I have gone from .net to the game main menu no sweat. So I disable the mod in question. But now I’m CTD from .net?!?!?! If the mod is gone gtf is it doing it again? I haven’t enabled any news ones since disabling what I thought was the troubled mod. Wtf?

2 hours ago, Two Bucks said:

So coming from Bethesda.net it CTD’s. I disabled every mod. Then enabled one at a time to see which was causing. After about 120 mods I come across it. Mind you up until this moment I have gone from .net to the game main menu no sweat. So I disable the mod in question. But now I’m CTD from .net?!?!?! If the mod is gone gtf is it doing it again? I haven’t enabled any news ones since disabling what I thought was the troubled mod. Wtf?

disabling an esp/esl/esm doesn't necessarily remove it from affecting your game depending on what mod manager you are running.  For example, if you are running Mod Organizer you would want to disable the mod from the left hand panel instead, which will also remove it from your load order.

13 hours ago, Marg597 said:

disabling an esp/esl/esm doesn't necessarily remove it from affecting your game depending on what mod manager you are running.  For example, if you are running Mod Organizer you would want to disable the mod from the left hand panel instead, which will also remove it from your load order.

Well…I’m using NMM and MO2. And of course Bethesda.Net. So if I want to completely disable the mod…MO2? Because that’s actually the 1 of the three places I did NOT go. I have mods installed through B.Net and NMM so I just assumed they would work. Is MO2 more efficient. I just installed it to help only recently so I haven’t really figured it out yet and thanks for the info! 

6 hours ago, Two Bucks said:

Well…I’m using NMM and MO2. And of course Bethesda.Net. So if I want to completely disable the mod…MO2? Because that’s actually the 1 of the three places I did NOT go. I have mods installed through B.Net and NMM so I just assumed they would work. Is MO2 more efficient. I just installed it to help only recently so I haven’t really figured it out yet and thanks for the info! 

I'm not familiar with using mods from Bethesda, however I don't think using both NMM and MO2 together is going to work.  They both do the same thing, it'd be like trying to drive 2 cars down the road at the same time.  If you have some mods installed using MO2, and other mods installed using NMM, you should maybe pick one and install all mods in either NMM or MO2.   Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what you've said. I have another guide linked for Fallout 4 in my signature for installing mods, maybe that can help you decide how to proceed.

On 9/17/2021 at 7:57 AM, Marg597 said:

I'm not familiar with using mods from Bethesda, however I don't think using both NMM and MO2 together is going to work.  They both do the same thing, it'd be like trying to drive 2 cars down the road at the same time.  If you have some mods installed using MO2, and other mods installed using NMM, you should maybe pick one and install all mods in either NMM or MO2.   Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what you've said. I have another guide linked for Fallout 4 in my signature for installing mods, maybe that can help you decide how to proceed.

Oh shit really well I def need help. If I see a mod in NMM how would I get it to MO2 and you also told me to do something with the mods on the left in MO2 but every mod over there is unmanaged. If I get Mods from LL if they’re not enabled through B.Net they’ll still work?? Every mod outside of that is enabled both through NMM and MO2. If I disable them through NMM I believe they disappear from MO2. They stay on B.Net and I enable them there also. If I doable from B.Net even though they are active on NMM I don’t think they all work. I’ll try when I can I’ve always done it this way so I’m not sure all the way. 
So I have 98% of my mods enabled through 3 places..????

3 hours ago, Two Bucks said:

Oh shit really well I def need help. If I see a mod in NMM how would I get it to MO2 and you also told me to do something with the mods on the left in MO2 but every mod over there is unmanaged. If I get Mods from LL if they’re not enabled through B.Net they’ll still work?? Every mod outside of that is enabled both through NMM and MO2. If I disable them through NMM I believe they disappear from MO2. They stay on B.Net and I enable them there also. If I doable from B.Net even though they are active on NMM I don’t think they all work. I’ll try when I can I’ve always done it this way so I’m not sure all the way. 
So I have 98% of my mods enabled through 3 places..????

I would recommend watching some videos, reading some tutorials, and try and incorporate what you learn into your modding.  This video from Gamerpoets might help get you started with Mod organizer, and they have a ton of other great tutorials that are marked for easy navigation when discussing multiple tools. 

Nexus Mod Manager may be fine for some people, but I think it's not the best tool for novice modders.  You might be better off going with either Vortex or Mod Organizer 2.  Vortex might have the edge for ease of use but I find Mod Organizer to be very solid once I got to know how to use it.  Whichever tool you choose, take some time to read about it and learn how it works to save yourself headache in the future.

You may as well pick the mod manager you like best and start from the beginning.  You can try them all but just not at the same time ;)

The guides in my signature for Fallout is what I followed to get up and running.

On 9/18/2021 at 4:20 PM, Marg597 said:

I would recommend watching some videos, reading some tutorials, and try and incorporate what you learn into your modding.  This video from Gamerpoets might help get you started with Mod organizer, and they have a ton of other great tutorials that are marked for easy navigation when discussing multiple tools. 

Nexus Mod Manager may be fine for some people, but I think it's not the best tool for novice modders.  You might be better off going with either Vortex or Mod Organizer 2.  Vortex might have the edge for ease of use but I find Mod Organizer to be very solid once I got to know how to use it.  Whichever tool you choose, take some time to read about it and learn how it works to save yourself headache in the future.

You may as well pick the mod manager you like best and start from the beginning.  You can try them all but just not at the same time ;)

The guides in my signature for Fallout is what I followed to get up and running.

My bad. Vortex. Everytime I used NMM in the past. It was actually Vortex. I actually thought they were the same thing and cortex was just a newer version. I watch a ton of videos and stuff. But there’s just things they don’t discuss because they assume everyone knows the basics. Even other forums may give me something but on their answer I still have questions and I’ve never asked any so I’ve decided to ask. Learned a lot too. Still have a lot. Thanks for the link!!