Crashes on quit -- I may be an idiot, but..

ok, I just ran a test.      I just went in to my above mentioned build, and deactivated  Sexout Core and Data, ONLY.     the Crash on Quit stopped, the game quit normally.

I left everything else in,  the compatibility skeleton thing, the updated NVSE, and the NVSE extender, and about 20-30 random mods, stuff like Nevada Skies and popular stuff.

So on my end, at least, Sexout definitely caused the crash on quit.

Edit:  just for full clarification, Prideslayer, I was between your step 3 and 4.  I have not installed SCR yet.

I've done similar testing; I don't know what's going on with the GECK, but I'm 100% sure that the crashing on exit of FNV is being caused by either NVSE or my NVSE Extender. The sexout ESM can't "cause" a crash, but it may be calling functions in the extender that lead to a crash later -- somehow -- or it may be the hooks in NVSE/Extender, as the extender is the only NVSE plugin that uses the save/load hooks as far as I know.

We made them work, we tested them, and I don't think any other modders using NVSE even know they were added in, so I think we're the only ones using them.

I've done similar testing; I don't know what's going on with the GECK, but I'm 100% sure that the crashing on exit of FNV is being caused by either NVSE or my NVSE Extender. The sexout ESM can't "cause" a crash, but it may be calling functions in the extender that lead to a crash later -- somehow -- or it may be the hooks in NVSE/Extender, as the extender is the only NVSE plugin that uses the save/load hooks as far as I know.

We made them work, we tested them, and I don't think any other modders using NVSE even know they were added in, so I think we're the only ones using them.

I have a question. I don't use the mods written above, but now I'm curious about GECK, I hope this question doesn't seem too stupid. If my NV has many mods but on GECK I only load FalloutNV.esm and my esp only, can the other mods also create in some ways issues in my GECK, since it always crashes when I quit as the game itself?

prideslayer, sorry to inform you that I have no issue with crash on exit on my game.

I have:

NVSE

NVSE extender 11

Stutter Remover

FNVedit

BOSS

I don't have:

any 4gb extender or patch

GECK

Or other plugins except MCM

Special Note: I upgraded (wrote over) the previous verison of NVSE instead of clean installation of it. Doubt it will make a difference but thought I would throw it out there.

That's with all your mods active and running as well?

Well aren't YOU special. Figure out your secret and share it with the rest of us. ;)

there aren't that many mods right now  :(

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutSharedResources.esm

SexoutSlavery.esm

SexoutLegion.esm

SexoutFiends.esp

SexoutKhans.esp

SexoutKings.esp

SexoutNCR.esp

SexoutPowderGangers.esp

SexoutSS_C.esp

SexoutWorkingGirl.esp

SexoutZAZ.esp

Alternative Start.esp

SexoutCompanions.esp

SexoutConsequences.esp

SmallerTalk.esp

SexoutSexkey.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

Total active plugins: 28

Total plugins: 28

A total of 28 mods including FNV and the GOTY DLC's. I have invisible bodies because I am missing some of the textures, hell I am missing a lot of textures right now. Not a problem just testing the game.

The reason I mentioned that was I don't use the 4gb patch that most other gamers are using for FNV. Perhaps that might be causing the problem? Just a thought.

Nah, happens with or without 4gb. I sometimes use it, sometimes not. That's another thing that never exits right though. Even when the game wasn't crashing on exit, I have *always* had a leftover 4gbfnv (or whatever it's called) process in memory when quitting. Might have something to do with launching it from fomm, never really cared to look into it.

Nah, happens with or without 4gb. I sometimes use it, sometimes not. That's another thing that never exits right though. Even when the game wasn't crashing on exit, I have *always* had a leftover 4gbfnv (or whatever it's called) process in memory when quitting. Might have something to do with launching it from fomm, never really cared to look into it.

Perhaps some settings in the .ini config files have remained from 4gb or some other custom edit? Some script that is trying to run on your version of the game that you had forgotten about? Usually when I find I have an issue like yourself I can't resolve it with known issues r/t hardware, software, drivers etc. I am left with only one other option configuration files or settings that I have done that caused the issues.

Example:

I had a dam hard time figuring out why a GTX670 ran like shit. Made no sence what so ever. Change this updtaed that configured this still when it came to Fallout it ran like shit. Even reimaged my machine with a fresh install not even a backup still problems Everybody else had great results but mine was crap. Ended up being an .ini file from my game folder. Started fresh game install and game and it ran great. Changed it over crap again. Ended up remembering that I had made lots of custom changes that I had forgoten about in the files and that was what was causing me problems. It worked for my crapy card before but now it was causing problems. Just an example.

It sucks but if this issue is bothering you really bad perhaps restore from a good backup or reinstall completly?  Of course backup your current work. The time that it would take to fix IE trace down this issue will most likely be massivly more time that it would be to reinstall and configure the system again. Again just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT:

Okay, found a solution that actually stops FNV from crashing whenever I exit. Thanks to a post  KainsChylde made earlier this year.

I'll make a list a steps to make it easier.

1:  Download the latest New Vegas Stutter Remover HERE

2:  Open the zipped file and place sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.dll file in the NVSE Plugins folder. ( /falout new vegas/Data/nvse/plugins)

3:  Run the game like you normally do

4: Exit the game (it will crash, but don't worry)

5: there will be a new ini file called sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover (just like the dll file).

6: Open this new ini file

7: Look for bFastExit = 0 (it will be near the top)

8: Replace the 0 with 1

9: Save the file

10:Make sure you eat plenty of fiber to stay regular

11: Now New Vegas wont crash when you quit

vvvv    Ignore this   vvvv

I have everything including sexout (though it was an old version) installed. I'm talking 60+ esps and esm's. I never CTD on exit but I remember it being an issue. I could have sworn there was a fix for it on the nexus but can't find any trace of it. After uninstalling a ton of quest mods I no longer felt like having (they made me randomly freeze on load) my game just stopped work for some reason so I did a complete reinstall yesterday and had to get all the old mods back and since it was forever when I installed the sexout mods/plugins, I had to get all this new stuff.

So the CTD on exit is back for me after finally getting sexout and some plug ins installed correctly. Does anyone have a definite solution yet? I guess I'll keep at it.