How to use CotR with CBBE and Bodyslide?

I just installed "COtR - HQ Characters creation addon for RM" for CBBE and some presets, and it looks really nice: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27405?tab=posts&BH=9

However, I'm not understanding one installation instruction: The main page has "2. If you will play with female character then build in BS your female body with "Build morphs" option and copy your body nif and texture files to COR folders." ...

... is that crystal-clear to everyone except me, did someone figure out what exactly to copy where exactly after generating the Body in Bodyslide? Please don't let me detain you from sharing the answer :-) Thanks!

Edit: Alignment problem solved... looking for the above.

Edited by BillyG

When you generate the body in bodyslide, it tells you what files it created and the file path.  It's femalebody.nif and you should also build the "feet" if you see that as an option on the left hand side drop down.  Build morphs means to check the box in the bottom left corner before hitting build, this creates another file with the extension ".tri".

So what this mod is saying is, you need to find your femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif as well as femalebody.tri, femalefeet_0.nif and femalefeet_1.nif which are usually found in the path "meshes\actors\character\character assets" and copy those files into the folder where the COTR mod is using the same path underneath that folder, which might look something like "COTR\meshes\actors\character\character assets", this path may already exist, and you just need to copy the files into Character Assets.  ALSO, very important, COTR folder needs to take precedence in your load order, and you shouldn't have other femalebody*.nif files in your Overwrite folder (probably).  That way if you had other mods with the same path, for example from follower mods, then the wrong body won't be overwriting the one you wanted to use.

There's also a hands file, but for CBBE I used the one that came with the CBBE mod until I started using custom hands with fingernails.  So usually the hands file can just stay where it is but if you have problems you can always copy them too.  Same with the first person files.

Edit: Also, when you are working with these files, make sure you aren't moving stuff around in the actual game folder.  Only work with the paths where your mods are installed.

Edited by Marg597
Also also
3 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Edit: Also, when you are working with these files, make sure you aren't moving stuff around in the actual game folder.  Only work with the paths where your mods are installed.

Right, I'm just beginning to get a grip on this vfs thing, i.e. where the output files from Bodyslide are written to - it's the mod folder that wins the respective conflict).

When running the "CBBE bodies" group in Bodyslide, files get generated in CBBE base "mods\Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-\meshes\actors\character\character assets\" _and_ they get generated in folders like "mods\COR MAIN - CBBE SE\Meshes\!COR\Feet", "mods\COR MAIN - CBBE SE\Meshes\!COR\Body". So I've manually copied the files you named from CBBE base to COR, will look at the results and report back - thanks a lot so far!

Another question, since you seem to know how this works:

A filesystem search in the mods folder turns up a lot of femalebody nif files outside the default CBBE base path - but these seem to be for NPC - do I have to manually sync these, too, after running Bodyslide? I know, rtfm and it's probably buried in the respective descriptions, but atm I'm just experimenting with a lot of mods (not all activated at the same time, mind you).

Spoiler

C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\3D Pubes for CBBE Females\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\Bijin NPCs SE\meshes\actors\character\Bijin NPCs\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\Bijin Warmaidens SE\meshes\actors\character\Bijin Warmaidens\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\Bijin Wives SE\meshes\actors\character\Bijin Wives\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\CBBE 3BA\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\CBBE Bac_Linda Follower ESPFE(LightPlugin)\Meshes\actors\character\BAC_Follower Linda\Body\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\CBBE Lenna_Follower ShortHairESP-FE(LightPlugin)\Meshes\actors\character\Lenna BAC_follower\Body\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\COR MAIN - CBBE SE\Meshes\!COR\Body\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\CumShotBrothelSE\meshes\Cum Shot Brothel\FattyRace\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\Enhanced Character Edit\meshes\actors\character\ygNord\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\Masha SSE - CBBE (SE) - Physics\meshes\actors\character\Masha\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\Nerida the Poison Ivy - Rogue Follower\meshes\actors\character\Nerida\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\Seranaholic SSE 1.8\meshes\actors\character\Serana\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\Sexlab Sanguine Debauchery enhanced\meshes\sprigganhost\character assets\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\SexLabStories\meshes\actors\character\sl_stories\sls_body\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\SexLabStories\meshes\armor\sl_stories\tgbody\femalebody_0.nif
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\SexLabStories\meshes\armor\sl_stories\tgbody\_tg_skin\femalebody_0.nif

Spoiler

C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalebody.tri
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\CBBE Bac_Linda Follower ESPFE(LightPlugin)\Meshes\actors\character\BAC_Follower Linda\Body\femalebody.tri
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\CBBE Lenna_Follower ShortHairESP-FE(LightPlugin)\Meshes\actors\character\Lenna BAC_follower\Body\femalebody.tri
C:\Games\Modding\MO2-Skyrim\mods\COR MAIN - CBBE SE\Meshes\!COR\Body\femalebody.tri

COR-CBBE-BS.png

A filesystem search in the mods folder turns up a lot of femalebody nif files outside the default CBBE base path - but these seem to be for NPC - do I have to manually sync these, too, after running Bodyslide?

My experience has been that as long as you are building the clothes with the build morphs box checked that they should generally fit npc's that are using CBBE bodies, the femalebody files in their respective mod folders.  Regular (Vanilla) female NPC's will use the body that you built and put in that default path, unless you have a mod that replaces Vanilla NPC's (like Bijin, see below).  You may be able to look at the esp file in xEdit to see what path the NPC is using for their body.

I just took another look at the COR mod description to make sure I wasn't giving the wrong info.  You may need to have the body files that you copied in the default path as well as in the COR mod folder.  I forgot that one of the features is that you can give your character a different look than the rest of the NPC's.  So make sure you still have the files I mentioned in my previous post still remaining where you found them.  If you used Cut and Paste, you may want to copy them back there.  I always found having separate bodies for player character and other npc's to be confusing and too many armor mods had little issues when I would try to do that, so I typically use the same body nif files for all npc's and my character.  That way if I built all the armor with the same preset, I didn't have to worry so much about what caused a certain piece of armor to clip into the skin.  Sometimes armor mods just aren't perfect for every conceivable body preset. 

With a mod like Bijin, even if you put your femalebody in the default location, the females changed by Bijin should look like the author of that mod intended since their body is defined as a path within the mod files, in other words it shouldn't be pointing to the default path and again as long as you are using CBBE bodies, picked the version of mod that supports cbbe bodies, build the armors using a cbbe preset, tick the build morphs box before you batch build, it should mostly go ok.

I'm mostly explaining what has worked for me, there may be better ways of doing things and there's a great deal about bodyslide and outfit studio that I don't know but hopefully the info I'm giving works for you.

Edited by Marg597
Clarified replacer
On 8/6/2021 at 12:53 PM, Marg597 said:

I'm mostly explaining what has worked for me, there may be better ways of doing things and there's a great deal about bodyslide and outfit studio that I don't know but hopefully the info I'm giving works for you.

Thanks again for the description - this works for me, and I have written a small batch file to copy the BS output of the CBBE body to the respective !COR folders after running BS.

I dunno how other people figure this out, it doesn't seem to be self-explanatory to me. It's esp. tricky with multiple mods installed to see where bodyfiles are generated when using the vfs - it might be a combination of the CBBE folder (for 1stperson) and some other folder like "Greek Goddess AIO".

The cause of me trying to get CBBE into COR is that DD doesn't seem to work with default COR bodies (clipping), and that's fixed now. For npc I've got Bijin AIO and Bijin-based Followers installed, but it dosn't matter because they don't get applied with DD.