Sims 4 and gardening/fertilizer

So when my Sims were gardening and fertilizing plants, I used to get 4 (maybe 6?) portions of fertilizer for every one plant or fish I used as fertilizer.

Since the last update, and updating all mods that I saw patches for. I now get only one portion of fertilizer for every plant or fish used.

Don't know if this is an outdated mod issue or an EA issue, and I can't remember if I downloaded a mod that increased fertilizer portions at some point and vanilla EA is supposed to be one fertilizer per plant or fish used???

I deleted my localthumbscache package and temporarily removed the mods I could find that might affect gardening (mostly from LittleMsSam) but that didn't fix it.  I've tried searching for various keywords in my huge mod folder and I'm not finding anything else that seems likely.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Is one fertilizer from each plant/fish used the normal?

1 hour ago, travelmedic said:

Has anyone else noticed this?  Is one fertilizer from each plant/fish used the normal?

It is now.

Previous EA patch with bug fix for certain plants resetting also changed this too.

Before I could use one Mushroom for several plants which might have also been an actual bug.

If you have the Cottage Living Pack your plants will get sent to your household inventory when you travel with unharvested plants on lot.

Might be just in the new town but IDK for sure as I'm playing on a lot in that town now.

If you have Tiny Living and use a Tier 1 Micro home and a garden once you hit lvl 9-10 skill your entire garden may revert to dirt piles at 5-7 AM at random. 

10 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

It is now.

Well that sucks, will make fertilizing kind of cost prohibitive now except maybe my money trees.

I'd also noticed that sometimes some but not all of my plants will revert to dirt piles, but didn't know that was associated with Tiny Living.  My gardener only just hit level 9 and I have a huge mansion, so no Tier 1 Micro home.

Bummer

8 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

I'd also noticed that sometimes some but not all of my plants will revert to dirt piles, but didn't know that was associated with Tiny Living.  My gardener only just hit level 9 and I have a huge mansion, so no Tier 1 Micro home.

Do you have the Great Soil & Homey Lot Traits?

The reset bug has been happening for quite some time now but it's been under certain conditions and doesn't hit everyone.

Using a Residential Lot type I don't have any more garden resets and I only use the Homey & Chefs Kitchen lot traits.

I don't bother with fertilizer any more and my plants seen to evolve pretty quickly anyway.

My sim/s are usually living in small-medium single level homes.

I noted that if you have big lot you can only have certain number of plants on it is there debug mode or cheat to make so you max it out 80 plants? I find that pointless to buy big plot or put the plants somewhere else they still say you can't plant it anywhere else.

EA modified the game you can't make underground houses which is so annoying.

It was so easy but now like no you can't do that anymore. some custom content I made with other mods vanished since their demented behavior. Makes me feel sharing data with them is not going happen.

I found if you get compost trash container you can manufacture compost fertilizer which is beneficial to create better fertilizer. You fill it with baby poop that no available at moment because ea made it not possible, other is getting pet and getting dog poop and putting in compost container.

Plant matter like foliage, cuttings or excess crops helps going into compost bin = don't put compost bin indoors you end up having roaches and insect infestation.

I found using 50 roses or pomegranates or trash or bonsai tree buds helped growing as natural you got. But then discovered daisies are better growing no weed formula if that helps anyone.

If you don't have a washing or dryer and use dry lines and washing tub daisy is your best bet add to make stuff stay clean and stay fresher.

Except your kind limited grow stuff.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:00 PM, travelmedic said:

I don't think I have any lot traits on my residential lot.

The reset bug has been happening for a while to me to, I just learned to live with it.  Guess I'll learn to live with less fertilizer too, or just concentrate on the high value stuff.

Lately I just Cheat and give my sim the Super Green Thumb trait reward and it seems to help.

Not really cheating to fix game bugs IMO.

Might not work for others but it's worth a shot anyway.

You can also restore the dirt piles using Shift+Click > Growth Stage > Mature

Hit the Romance Festival and Spice Festival for some special plants that are ready to harvest without waiting.

The other one is the Haunted Mansion with the two Ghosts as Mimsi has a nice Garden with most of the other plants.

You'll have to camp out there overnight once or twice before they produce tho.

I edit the house and remove all the ropes so my sims can use the house to play around in.

I guess as long as my vampire can grow her plasma fruit trees and money trees, I'm not too worried about the other plants.

I'll have to check out the Romance Festival and Spice Festival though.  The completionist in me wants to have one of everything in my collections.  Don't have Paranormal Stuff ye though for the Haunted Mansion.

5 hours ago, travelmedic said:

I'll have to check out the Romance Festival and Spice Festival though.  The completionist in me wants to have one of everything in my collections.  Don't have Paranormal Stuff ye though for the Haunted Mansion.

@Scorpio is referring to the Von Haunt Estate from Get Together. It's located in Windenburg. Two ghosts live there: Bernard and Mimsy.

10 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

No kidding, didn't realize it was there.  I'll have to check it out now.

Don't try editing the Ghosts as they are special homeless sims that just inhabit the place.

But you can still have sex or Woohoo with them, lol.

It's a big lot so you'll have to look around for her garden.