CK3 takes too long to load

The gameplay speed after loading is good, but the start and loading of this game takes atleast half an hour, everytime. I am not using any mods yet. I have also added the game as an exception in windows defender but its still too slow while loading.

Any suggestion, tweaks, or optimization mods are appreciated. 

Same issue, I have the game installed on my F: drive. Anybody have it located at C:? Dont know if it helpes since i havent tried it yet. 

*Edit* Now I have tried moving it from my F to D and it seems to work, now it uses about 1 minute to load while it used to take 5+ minutes

Edited by hgsen

They did say it takes half an hour, but there are other things that could be hanging them up. 

My PC had a problem, some hickup that prevented the core windows 10 upgrades from installing. As late a March of this year I was stuck with a Spring 2018 build. Games took way to long to load. For example, Cities: Skylines, a resource hog if there ever was one, often took half an hour or longer to load. I'd press start on a brand new game, run to the deil down the street, buy a delux sandwich, walk back, sit down, and finish eatting just as the map loaded.

Back in march my PC went haywire. I call it "Super Murphy's Law" Everything that could go wrong, went wrong, all at once. My OS suffered a fatal error AND my SSD died. 

I rescued what data I could via a connector cable, and then reformatted the HDD and installed a brand new instance of Windows. I tell you this puppy runs like she's brand new. Skylines loads in less than 10 minutes on a fully built out city.

Their OS build could have issues with the game, their files could be fragmented. 

They need to post the full specs if they want to fix this. 

2 hours ago, Miss AshleyJ said:

They did say it takes half an hour, but there are other things that could be hanging them up. 

My PC had a problem, some hickup that prevented the core windows 10 upgrades from installing. As late a March of this year I was stuck with a Spring 2018 build. Games took way to long to load. For example, Cities: Skylines, a resource hog if there ever was one, often took half an hour or longer to load. I'd press start on a brand new game, run to the deil down the street, buy a delux sandwich, walk back, sit down, and finish eatting just as the map loaded.

Back in march my PC went haywire. I call it "Super Murphy's Law" Everything that could go wrong, went wrong, all at once. My OS suffered a fatal error AND my SSD died. 

I rescued what data I could via a connector cable, and then reformatted the HDD and installed a brand new instance of Windows. I tell you this puppy runs like she's brand new. Skylines loads in less than 10 minutes on a fully built out city.

Their OS build could have issues with the game, their files could be fragmented. 

They need to post the full specs if they want to fix this. 

Yup we need full system specs to do proper troubleshooting. You don't call an unknown mechanic on the phone and say my car is taking to long to get up to 25 miles per hour. He wouldn't know what your car's make, model, engine, etc...