"static" objects with skeletons and animations

i am trying to make the estrus tentacles a prop to be placed around an area kind of like this mod does to people

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46106

but i don't quite know the mechanics of how it saves the animation and all that's required for it not to be a horrible mess, my initial attempts result in the tentacles and skeleton having a 90 degree difference in nifskope and sliding around with the camera in CS

doll tenticle 1_CRE4 2.nif

any ideas what i have fucked up?

22 hours ago, tolerance said:

i am trying to make the estrus tentacles a prop to be placed around an area kind of like this mod does to people

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46106

but i don't quite know the mechanics of how it saves the animation and all that's required for it not to be a horrible mess, my initial attempts result in the tentacles and skeleton having a 90 degree difference in nifskope and sliding around with the camera in CS

doll tenticle 1_CRE4 2.nif 797.08 kB · 0 downloads

any ideas what i have fucked up?

And how do you import) into what). And then how do you export?

The model that you posted cannot be fixed quickly. Better redo (skeleton and skin)

When I made my chair, I first imported the skeleton into 3dsmax (any bones from Oblivion), because 3dsmax bones have a different orientation and pivot at the beginning, not at the end like Oblivion. Then I exported the skeleton  and the model with the skin, but model linked to INDEPENDENT bone (not to skeleton with animation)

There is also a trick that the model with the skin must be on a separate bone - INDEPENDENT (NOT on the skeleton with animation), otherwise the animation will not work (in game) DK-why ...

Naturally, this bone should repeat your main skeleton bone with animation (position, orientation, pivot), in short, in fact it is a different skeleton for the model, but the skin of that model is from a skeleton with animation, I don't know why this is done in Bethesda, but that's the point.

Edited by TDA
25 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

:kiss:  :flushed: Got a VID?  Does it... Grab anything?

Video of what? That this tentacle shit works in the game?

I took the time to make it right, and wrote in Old Orthodox English  how it works. 

Don't make me nervous.

Edited by TDA

ok, tried to automate it via script,

ScriptName tenticleScriptForward

begin gamemode

playgroup Forward 1

end

didn't work, the console command did work on the unscripted version, still more work to be done til i understand those chairs, i can just drag and drop them into cs and they animate when in game, well thank you for your time , resident master animater. I'm not sure if you can help my stupid, 3dsmax-less self.

2 hours ago, tolerance said:

ok, tried to automate it via script,

begin gamemode

playgroup Forward 1

end

didn't work, the console command did work on the unscripted version, still more work to be done til i understand those chairs, i can just drag and drop them into cs and they animate when in game, well thank you for your time , resident master animater. I'm not sure if you can help my stupid, 3dsmax-less self.

begin gamemode = through such a script you run the animation every game cycle, of course it will not work.

playgroup Forward 1

end

try =

begin ONLOAD

playgroup Forward 1

end

======================================================================

Help in what? You have not described the final technical task. From your description, I understand that you wanted this particular model to work, now it works.