Unauthorized Unions - Marriage Mod

Ok, after scanning through the records in TES5edit, here is my consensus...

Hearthfire DLC changes dialogue topics for wedding and where to move. It adds dialogue to include the other houses. But it does not change formlist, and it does not include any required voice files for the voice types added by this mod. Fus-Roh-Da should keep it working though. Hearthfire DLC also adds spouse dialogue for dialogue adoption, store, etc... and it appears that it uses additional voicetype formlists added for these dialogue quests. 

image.png.408d88023a90039a2a3600255d008645.png

image.png.bff7293cb22a1d22831856bd707d09ec.png

image.png.0c63b52fe78e1f1319da47924dd2ffb5.png

So some dialogues won't work unless some Formlists are also changed in Hearthfire and then with either Fus-Roh-Dah or added voice files should make it work for the Hearthfire additions. But moving to a Hearthfire home I am guessing should work as long as you don't use a mod like Spouses Enhanced that needs patched for Hearthfire. This mod should not need a patch for this particular dialogue to work, but other less-important dialogue added by Hearthfire probably won't work with this mod if marrying and NPC using these added voice types.

32 minutes ago, Evilhomer said:

I'll be honest, when I saw the title, I expected the unions to be waaay more "unauthorized"......I've been spending too much time on this website ?

Same. Though the mod was a pleasant surprise still, always wanted marriage support for Frea or dat milf Valerica ?

43 minutes ago, Evilhomer said:

I'll be honest, when I saw the title, I expected the unions to be waaay more "unauthorized"......I've been spending too much time on this website ?

Well, strictly speaking, Karliah already has an SO...

But then, given that the protagonist might have half a dozen Daedric princes battle it out for their soul, she can still get together with her old flame in the Evergloam.

Made a test when Mirabelle gets deleted.

As soon as you toke the Labyrintion quest and leave the cell.

An idea which I will test.

Disable her and spawn a clone before leaving the cell.

So the script should delete the clone ?

Need to dig in my save backups to find the right point to test.

9 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

Ok, after scanning through the records in TES5edit, here is my consensus...

Hearthfire DLC changes dialogue topics for wedding and where to move. It adds dialogue to include the other houses. But it does not change formlist, and it does not include any required voice files for the voice types added by this mod. Fus-Roh-Da should keep it working though. Hearthfire DLC also adds spouse dialogue for dialogue adoption, store, etc... and it appears that it uses additional voicetype formlists added for these dialogue quests. 

image.png.408d88023a90039a2a3600255d008645.png

image.png.bff7293cb22a1d22831856bd707d09ec.png

image.png.0c63b52fe78e1f1319da47924dd2ffb5.png

So some dialogues won't work unless some Formlists are also changed in Hearthfire and then with either Fus-Roh-Dah or added voice files should make it work for the Hearthfire additions. But moving to a Hearthfire home I am guessing should work as long as you don't use a mod like Spouses Enhanced that needs patched for Hearthfire. This mod should not need a patch for this particular dialogue to work, but other less-important dialogue added by Hearthfire probably won't work with this mod if marrying and NPC using these added voice types.

The voiced are added to the Argonian voice list, the adoption dialogue is not voiced yet, all the main stuff is, already tested it.

Xedit will not help you see the voiced added because they are not added to the "PontilaMarriageFaction until you put them there by speaking thru dialogue, so at this moment, xedit, will not show a thing

Edited by Guest
8 hours ago, Evilhomer said:

Lmao, yea almost sounds either marrying your sister or pulling a Woody Allen

12 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

Quick question....I already use a mod that allows dialogue for marriage to everyone in the game. Of course, the dialogue just cuts off if the NPC's voice type is not part of the list. I am afraid that the UU_SetFactionScript.pex script will contradict with what I already use. Is the UU_SetFactionScript.pex script triggered by quest or is it triggered by game load? I wondered if this mod would still be functional without that script if I deleted it so that I can continue using the other mod. The description says that nothing was changed in the quest or anything. Just added to formlist, but I wanted to make sure this is doable.

No it will not work if the script is remove, there is no reason for this to be incompatible, it adds a dialogue and the script will only fire when the dialogue is used.

10 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

Oh, I do have another question too though..... Is this mod Hearthfire compatible? I know it will still work if it isn't, but when the dialogue comes up after the wedding discussing where to live, none of the Hearthfire homes will come up as an option unless this mod was configured to work with the Hearthfire DLC. One of the downsides to using the Spouses Enhanced mod. I do know how to work around it from using the Spouses Enhanced mod but it is still annoying. The same glitch from uncompatibility with Hearthfire also occurs if  you later ask your spouse to move. The only way to get around this is if you have children. You can have the moving conversation with one of your children instead of the spouse and the spouse will follow suit when the children all leave to move to the new house.

Yes hearthfire is one of the DLCs needed, this is a basics, thrown together cause a few people asked, I literally have 15 minutes time put into this, everything will not happen overnight, I have 2 other very large mods I a working on

13 hours ago, jap2015 said:

How about something like a radiant quest or a lead to sex for all potentials before you decide who to marry? Even if it was only a simple one line optional choice to help us find that special someone. Some of us want to test if we are compatible in bed before deciding marriage....but sex out of marriage is a sin, so maybe not

That could be done easy enough

2 minutes ago, Saber2th said:

I know it's a bit off topic but is there a good multiple marriages mod out there? I've tried a few but they seem to be really outdated or conflicts with alot of other mods.

Yeah, I havent seen one for a while, I think the best way to do it would be to make a mirror quest of the vanilla quest that what it doesnt make this incompatible with other mods

12 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

but she is not disabled. Have you ever used the console command for disabling an object? You can also re-enable that object. But if you use the command "markfordelete" there is no re-enabling that item. It is completely removed from the game. Mirabelle is not disabled, she is deleted. And scripts override everything else. It's like the system using console commands behind the scene. And when using console commands, it doesn't matter if an NPC is essential or not, they are disable, deleted, movetoplayer, or complete overhaul of factions, statuses, or inventory. Setting her as essential will not do anything because I am pretty sure that Bethesda has her as essential by default anyway.

Where do you get your information?

Marriage.jpg.7f27c24b3e1611551b0aaf3924e9d63c.jpg

I have said this before and I will repeat it again for the 15th time, and no, not upset, its just that things like xedit make everyone think they got it all figured out. xedit is NOT a "solves all" for checking out mods. If you created a mod that thinks outside the vanilla files, then Xedit is as useless as it comes. Why would xedit be useless with this mod, let me show you.

potent.jpg.5dad804565e235be2f3f162388a17833.jpg

Xedit looks for voice files added by dialogue, Well until you use the dialogue and the small script, the NPCs are not in that faction, and there is a reason for it. So Xedit will show you that the NPCs added by this mod are not in the marriage voice files cause Xedit is not a smart program.

Listen, truth is truth, and it needs to be said, Xedit is not a highly intelligent program, people who make the claims like " I mod with xedit", no offense but thats like never taking the training wheels of your bike, it restricts and and usually means the person is limited...no insult intended. but its not an intelligent statement by any means, 

All in All, please, if you don't know what the fuck your talking about then don't jump on a mod and say "this isn't going to work with this and that and is in compatible with this" cause Xedit said so smh, Then I have to waste 15 minutes of my time showing how ignorant the statements are. no one should take offense to that statement, the truth should never hurt your feelings.

Edited by Guest

That's perfect, no need to dig in for me :)

An idea to Mirabelle, instead disable port her to the soul cairn.

So Seranas mother has some accompany.

No idea, how to manage  this without changing the original script, but you are the expert here, Caden.

1 hour ago, T-lam said:

That's perfect, no need to dig in for me :)

An idea to Mirabelle, instead disable port her to the soul cairn.

So Seranas mother has some accompany.

No idea, how to manage  this without changing the original script, but you are the expert here, Caden.

Thats another great Idea, I think a mixture of all these ideas will come together nice. First though I am adding Serana, Delphine, Maven, and any NPC that doesnt have a Unique voice

Appreciate that, I'm no expert by any means and don't mind questions, it just when people make Statement to detour people from trying a mod, cause they read " False News" its gets frustrating as a modder lol ?

In theory, if you finish Eye of Magnus, the enable Mirabelle with console commands, the use the command "Prid <Ref id>, then <moveto player> Mirabelle should be standing in front of you, but I havent tried that yet

Edited by Guest

I tried before leaving the cave with prid, but not enable, because I assumed she is deleted.

So no luck.

As I have all important saves stored, I will find the exact point.

I made extra a "replacer" where I can fiddle around, like respawn etc.

Later today I will dig in again.

1 minute ago, T-lam said:

I tried before leaving the cave with prid, but not enable, because I assumed she is deleted.

So no luck.

As I have all important saves stored, I will find the exact point.

I made extra a "replacer" where I can fiddle around, like respawn etc.

Later today I will dig in again.

Perfect, let me know what you find please

19 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Mirabelle dies so no point in marrying her ^^

There is a replacer mod (forget which one, but it was a nice one) that allows her to cheat death, leaving her in your starting college room until you speak with her (I'm guessing for the whole "Look who survived" element). 

3 hours ago, -Caden- said:

Perfect, let me know what you find please

No problem at all.

Used my latest save where all quest are done incl.

civil war, black books etc. Archmage for years.

open console

prid 1C1B9

enable

close console

thats it. Mirabelle with her origin Ref ID

I enabled in soul cairne, so she walks there direction exit :)

Edited by T-lam
forgot a word
6 hours ago, -Caden- said:

Where do you get your information?

Marriage.jpg.7f27c24b3e1611551b0aaf3924e9d63c.jpg

I have said this before and I will repeat it again for the 15th time, and no, not upset, its just that things like xedit make everyone think they got it all figured out. xedit is NOT a "solves all" for checking out mods. If you created a mod that thinks outside the vanilla files, then Xedit is as useless as it comes. Why would xedit be useless with this mod, let me show you.

potent.jpg.5dad804565e235be2f3f162388a17833.jpg

Xedit looks for voice files added by dialogue, Well until you use the dialogue and the small script, the NPCs are not in that faction, and there is a reason for it. So Xedit will show you that the NPCs added by this mod are not in the marriage voice files cause Xedit is not a smart program.

Listen, truth is truth, and it needs to be said, Xedit is not a highly intelligent program, people who make the claims like " I mod with xedit", no offense but thats like never taking the training wheels of your bike, it restricts and and usually means the person is limited...no insult intended. but its not an intelligent statement by any means, 

All in All, please, if you don't know what the fuck your talking about then don't jump on a mod and say "this isn't going to work with this and that and is in compatible with this" cause Xedit said so smh, Then I have to waste 15 minutes of my time showing how ignorant the statements are. no one should take offense to that statement, the truth should never hurt your feelings.

Ok, I agree with you. But I am not trying to use this to solve anything. I am only using it to read what is there. Even though it won't fix anything pertaining to my questions, it has listed all records. It includes everything except some scripts and IDK if you can read scripts in TES5edit or not but not all scripts are attached to records. and even though no meshes and textures are shown, the records of it's use is listed. Everything is listed. Even script uses. But few scripts run on load or event and do not show. I realize this. but it still lists what is there.. Way faster than loading the CK that takes forever just to look at records. So I find nothing wrong with using xedit for this. Clearly it isn't ALL the steps to solving an issue or expanding, maybe creating new. I am not here to compete in knowledge or wisdom. Not here to threaten anybody else's either. I just also like having fun in Skyrim. xedit didn't tell me shit. I ASKED myself these things and went to xedit for a peek. I suppose I could just move on and if I want something in my game like this I can just create it myself. I won't be judged by my questions and not wanting to break my game or anything. If you are just looking for minions to bow and worship without asking questions, then I am not it. I asked valid questions. I didn't attack your mod. There are tons of awesome mods on this site and others that I cannot run on my system. They fail to tell you that their eating mod changes things to a black door or some silly thing that makes it not work and not worth patching. Some I have to change. If you don't want me to know if this causes issues then it raises a question of validity. It's a politician answer. Point fingers back. And now I trust it and you that much less. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. My "feelings" are not "hurt". I just asked questions. Feelings being hurt looks more like your response to my "stupid" yet valid questions.

23 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

"but she is not disabled."

lmao I have no issues with questions, these are not questions, they are untrue statements.

5 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

And now I trust it and you that much less.

I will try to find the courage to move on, good bye ?

Edited by Guest
18 minutes ago, bishlapped said:

After thousands of hours in Skyrim, 2 things I've never done.

1. Got my character married

2. Adopted a rug rat...I mean child.

lol very smart. you might be the one playing the game like real life ?

10 hours ago, bishlapped said:

After thousands of hours in Skyrim, 2 things I've never done.

1. Got my character married

2. Adopted a rug rat...I mean child.

You find some funny things in this game by marrying and adopting with mods. 

I married Ignum Black-Briar and then overheard the alchemists in RIften talking about her, the woman worrying because she tests her potions on rabbits and foxes. (A little psycho, but it made me love her more).

I adopted Aventis after finishing the Dark Brotherhood and he threatened the other children to let him have his way or he'd be doing The Black Sacrament that night. (Reloaded to before I adopted him because I don't do favoritism).

Ysolda basically admitted she was a drug dealer after marriage.

Going to have to marry Elisif one time, send her to a house and see what she actually does.