[SSE] Barefoot Mod

View File

Please be aware that this mod is still a WIP, I am aware that it has some issues but hopefully I can resolve them in the next update. Thanks for your understanding!

1.png.b2530a394025cfc9321dd95e9be702b9.p

This is my first post so I apologize if it's not that good. I made this mod just for fun after not being able to find such a mod anywhere ( wonder why o-o )

I will try to improve on this mod in the future, but I will need feedback and helpful advice. Please let me know if you run into any issues or if you have a better solution to any of my implemented changes, it would be much appreciated , Thanks! :)

Description:
This mod changes all of the vanilla skyrim footwear meshes into the default naked bare feet mesh (via a plugin, none of your existing meshes will be overwritten), turning all footwear "invisible" when worn by both the player and NPCs/followers. The armor defense and enchantment buffs of the footwear will still be applied, and the footstep sounds will still be the same as if you were wearing them like normal, the only difference will be the appearance, and it's all done through the plugin so no extra mesh assets required or messed with. Only the vanilla skyrim footwear is changed, for custom clothing you will have to make your own patch. Yes I know the mod name isn't grammared correctly. Patch instructions below.

Mod Info:

Spoiler

This mod was made in xEdit v4.0.3g using the vanilla Skyrim.esm FORMID records. Load this plugin after USSEP, but before all other mod plugins, then using a bashed patch, move over my edits over any conflicts. I've only done some minor testing, so please go through the mod in xEdit to resolve potential conflicts. And look through the footwear and different clothing in-game to make sure you get no floating feet glitches. This mod uses the default naked feet mesh "Actors\Character\Character Assets\FemaleFeet_1.nif" by default, which other HD body mod replacers use (CBBE for example.) It is completely compatible with CBBE and with the bodyslide meshes as long as they have the same filename.

The footstep sounds are still the same when wearing the footwear armor, but you can use the custom bare feet armor for bare footsteps. Or if you use the all of the above version, all footsteps for all modified footware use the bare foot sound "FSTBarefootFootstepSet [FSTS:00021468]". This mod only affects vanilla footwear, for modded armors they will have to be manually added.

I'm leaving the wedding sandals alone as a personal preference. If there is an armor piece you don't want affected by this mod, or if it is clipping and you would like to remove it. Simply remove/delete the edited record from this mod with xedit.

Plugin Variants: Use only one plugin!
All of the plugins are an .esp that were made and esl flagged in xEdit. They all contain the custom bare feet armor which can only be obtained with console commands (idk of an easy way to automatically give them to the player without scripting it.)

BareFeet Cheat Armor.esp
If you only want specific NPCs/Followers to be barefoot use this one.

Spoiler

This plugin contains only a single custom armor item that you will have to spawn in with the console command, where FE### is the mod plugin loadorder index. It's named "Bare Feet Armor" and you can wear it on your self or give it to a follower to wear.

It has no gold or weight value, so you can like spawn in 999 and give them to all of your followers to wear throughout your playthrough. However I don't know much about armor priority so I just gave it an armor rating of 21, your followers might ignore the armor or they might wear it over their current armor, let me know if I need to change anything about this.

player.additem [FE###800] 1

or with the console open, click on any NPC/Follower and input the commands below
additem [FE###800] 1
equipitem [FE###800] 1

BareFeet Female Replacer.esp
This plugin modifies all vanilla skyrim footwear, changing the female meshes to bare feet while leaving the male meshes normal. You can still wear the boots and shoes and they will still give armor and enchant buffs, but it will just look like you're not wearing them. Unfortunately there are some invisible leg/floating feet glitches I was unable to fix. You will need to test out different footwear and clothings in-game.

BareFeet Male Replacer.esp
Same as above but instead only male meshes are changed to bare feet while female meshes are left like normal.

BareFeet All Of The Above.esp
Both female and male footwear are modified. 

Known Issues:

Spoiler

- Since the mod plugin was made with only the vanilla records, if another mod modifies the same record, naturally there will be ITM conflicts. Therefore you should look over what this mod changes in xedit and make any necessary conflict patches. This mod only really edits the "BOD2 First Person Flags" to prevent the invisible/floating feet glitch and the female (or male) "MOD3 model filename" that changes the footwear mesh into the naked feet mesh. Everything else in the record is left the same as vanilla skyrim with some USSEP changes.

For new playthroughs you can load this mod before any other mods so that it doesn't overwrite anything important, then using a merge bashed patch, bring over the MOD3 model filename mesh into every armor record from my mod over to the bashed patch.

For existing playthroughs, it's not a good idea to change your load order since that will mess with all the existing formids and stuff, so it's best to load it after all of your current mods and then patch over any conflicts on a new bashed patch or on this mods els plugin if possible.

- Clipping/Invisible/Floating Feet
    - Cause: Something to do with the BODT - Body Template First Person Flags. All foowtare uses the "37 - feet" first person flag, but sometimes there will be invisible legs glitch if the "38 - calves" flag is added or not removed, sometimes it needs to be added, sometimes it needs to be removed, and I don't really know why or how it really fixes this issue.

If you encounter this, first try using my barefeet armor on the NPC

additem [FE###800] 1
equipitem [FE###800] 1

if that doesn't fix it, try using hide boots instead

additem 13910 1 
equipitem 13910 1

- Some clothing like "Fur-Trimmed Cloak [ARMO:0008698C]" or "Ulfric's Clothes [ARMO:00062303]" still have the error even with the flag edits, I think it's because they weren't designed to be worn without boots that this happens because these are the only ones I found on my modded install with the error so results will vary, the only fix so far is to just use different clothing or remove the edit for that specific armor.

- Body mods like bodyslide CBBE, replace the vanilla body meshes with their HD models, and since the MOD3 filenames are left the same, they aren't conflicted. However custom body or beast feet mods that change the vanilla body part filenames to custom ones might conflict. You will have to make your own patch that changes the MOD3 filenames to the custom ones with xEdit if you run into this issue. This also applies to custom followers that have different bodies than the default ones. You can instead replace their custom bodies or better yet make a duplicate of the bare feet armor that instead uses the followers custom feet.

Edited by KurgBurkin1364046
19 minutes ago, Nefermandias said:

OMG, I've been searching for something like this for LE for ages... I wonder if someone could make a conversion? ?

I know right lmao

And it wasn't really that hard to make, the only issue I'm having tho has been the invisible leg glitch. So far it looks like if an NPC has that I can try to give them my custom barefoot armor which has a 50/50 chance of fixing it.

If it doesn't, I give them just plain hide boots

additem 13910 1 

equipitem 13910 1

which also has a 50/50 chance of fixing the issue. I'm not sure why tho...

Edit: Oh and if you want I can try to make an LE version, I'll have to remake the mod from scratch but it'll only take me a few hours since I know what to do know.

Edited by KurgBurkin1364046
1 hour ago, KurgBurkin1364046 said:

I know right lmao

And it wasn't really that hard to make, the only issue I'm having tho has been the invisible leg glitch. So far it looks like if an NPC has that I can try to give them my custom barefoot armor which has a 50/50 chance of fixing it.

If it doesn't, I give them just plain hide boots

additem 13910 1 

equipitem 13910 1

which also has a 50/50 chance of fixing the issue. I'm not sure why tho...

Edit: Oh and if you want I can try to make an LE version, I'll have to remake the mod from scratch but it'll only take me a few hours since I know what to do know.

For real? I would love to have a LE conversion and I'm sure a lot of people here would be grateful too.
I've done quite a few playthtoughs using SE, but I keep going back to LE. Idk, it just feels more "complete" to me.

Anyway, big thanks in advance!

Nothing like walking on the frozen tundra in a snowstorm barefoot... ?

Joke aside, how come climate overhaul mods are not more popular when they would go so well with thease kinds of mods? Turning Skyrim into a tropical paradise can be done after all.

2 hours ago, Nefermandias said:

For real? I would love to have a LE conversion and I'm sure a lot of people here would be grateful too.

Forealsies!!! I would've uploaded this sooner but I had to do some other things.

This is actually a really simple mod, all it does is change the armor addon mesh location to the feet mesh and removes a first person flag for some armor addons.

6.png.3be8ceeebaa369ac63f807d4a36e7a84.p

You can change the MOD3 Model Name of any custom shoes or boots into

Actors\Character\Character Assets\FemaleFeet_1.nif

if you want to patch that into your mods.

• 2 years later...