No cum overlays? [SOLVED]

Just figured I'd post this in case someone else is having the same issue.

There's a bug in how SL BETA8 applies cum effects. It used to be (in previous SL versions for LE) that you could disable Orgasm Effects and still get cum overlays. The hint text in BETA8 still says so even. Looking at the code however there is no calls to AddCum/ApplyCum outside the if statement that checks for Orgasm Effects. Surely enough, enabling OE's also enables cum overlays.

Also, for posterity I should mention that SSE is limited to having one effect shader at a time on an actor. This means that unexpected things like weather mods can conflict with SL's cum effects. The easiest way to figure out which mods may be conflicting is to load everything up in xEdit and finding all mods with Effect Shaders and figuring out how to remove those effects for testing. NAT for instance is one that applies 3 effects that as far as I know conflict with SL:

set nat_enablewetfx to 0

set nat_enablesss to 0

set nat_enablecharacterlights to 0

If one of the above console commands are wrong, check them by typing "help nat_enab 3". This may also work:

prid 14

removespell xx005ea9

Another thing that apparently conflicts is "Glow be Gone", this is an skse plugin. You'll know if you have it, you installed it. I'd imagine disabling the plugin should be enough to test; otherwise check the nexus mod page.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 3:56 AM, raan_zii said:

Just figured I'd post this in case someone else is having the same issue.

There's a bug in how SL BETA8 applies cum effects. It used to be (in previous SL versions for LE) that you could disable Orgasm Effects and still get cum overlays. The hint text in BETA8 still says so even. Looking at the code however there is no calls to AddCum/ApplyCum outside the if statement that checks for Orgasm Effects. Surely enough, enabling OE's also enables cum overlays.

Also, for posterity I should mention that SSE is limited to having one effect shader at a time on an actor. This means that unexpected things like weather mods can conflict with SL's cum effects. The easiest way to figure out which mods may be conflicting is to load everything up in xEdit and finding all mods with Effect Shaders and figuring out how to remove those effects for testing. NAT for instance is one that applies 3 effects that as far as I know conflict with SL:

set nat_enablewetfx to 0

set nat_enablesss to 0

set nat_enablecharacterlights to 0

If one of the above console commands are wrong, check them by typing "help nat_enab 3". This may also work:

prid 14

removespell xx005ea9

Another thing that apparently conflicts is "Glow be Gone", this is an skse plugin. You'll know if you have it, you installed it. I'd imagine disabling the plugin should be enough to test; otherwise check the nexus mod page.

maybe u can explain how to identify and fix in a way someone with autism can understand im on sse

Edited by wrathdragon
  • 3 weeks later...

I never fixed this properly, I simply disabled the things I disliked about Orgasm Effects and recompiled the script. If you want to disable shaky cam and the orgasm sound you need to edit the following locations:

sslActorAlias.psc:728
sslActorAlias.psc:735

Line 728 was edited to look like this:

if false && IsPlayer && Game.GetCameraState() >= 8

Line 735 was simply commented out:

;PlayLouder(OrgasmFX, MarkerRef, Config.SFXVolume)

Once those changes are made, you can recompile this file using the Creation Kit. Then simply enable Orgasm Effects in SL and it will behave as if Orgasm Effects was disabled, i.e. gives you the overlays without the shake and sound.

Edited by raan_zii