Is there a place for animators to talk/help each other out?

Hi! I'm trying to learn how to animate, but I'm having a few issues and don't know where to ask for help. There's not really any tutorials about WW animating except the TurboDriver one, these forums don't really help, and there's no reddit community or anything. Is there a discord? Or something like that? Alternatively, any animators that would be okay with me messaging them?

Right now the trouble I'm having is that I can't make props move. I give them animations in blender but they stay still on the ground when the anim plays in TS4. The sim moves fine.

Yes, it is a little bit confusing how to find support... I think there is no Discord yet and I already thought of starting one but did not yet... maybe a good idea. Usually this endless thread is a good starting point: 

With props do you mean that you used an object with your animation? Did you bake the animation for your object seperately? After creating the animation in Blender with all sim rigs and object rigs you need to safe a blender file for each rig and bake the animation seperately for each - for the sim rig as well as for any object involved

Thank you very much! I'm gonna have a look at that thread for sure!

5 minutes ago, KyleWoohoo said:

With props do you mean that you used an object with your animation? Did you bake the animation for your object seperately? After creating the animation in Blender with all sim rigs and object rigs you need to safe a blender file for each rig and bake the animation seperately for each - for the sim rig as well as for any object involved

And yes to this question. I animated my sim and the object at the same time, then I deleted the object mesh and rig and saved only the sim in its own file. Then I went back to the file that has them both, deleted the sim rig and mesh and saved only the object in its own file. I imported both files as clips into the animations package using Sims 4 Studio. In the XML file I added the sim animation ClipName in the actor section, and added the prop animation ClipName in the props section. Save, put it in using S4PE, and when I play the animation in my game the sim moves just like I animated, but the prop stays on the ground and doesn't move at all.

The weird part is that I made a test animation using the CherryPie cum mesh and I did all the above steps to use that as a prop, and that worked perfectly. It animated in-game and everything. I've tried a bunch of other props, both custom and not, and I can't make any of them move.