Strange clothing items that cannot be removed

CrisG9

From somewhere my companion picked up some ugly arm bracers and leg wraps that are god awful ugly and i cant remove them. They do not show in her inventory and when i remove everything from her inventory they still appear. They disapper when she is dressed in some outfits but come back when i put armor of the standard kind on her

anyone know a fix for this? she has been a lot of work to get created and i dont want to have to start over, she is a custom job of the House Carl Lydia, or whatever her name is and i did some of the tweaks with the NPC editor so maybe i picked that stuff for her there by mistake but it is werid that they dont show up in her inventory

here re the offending items...and her...   

newadventures.jpg

Maybe they're adsorbed into her huge tits?

On a serious note, have you tried opening her npc container?

Bring up console, click on her then enter:

openactorcontainer 1

That should show it, however I can't be certain.

There's another command that allows you to remove items much like the player command (player.remove item <id>) but I'm not quite sure the correct command for npcs, (possibly just leave it as remove item <id>) though doing this route you'd have to figure out the id number for said items she's wearing.

edit: Seems I'm blind; I see now they're the forsworn gauntlets/boots.

00d8d55

000d8d4e

wow thanks !!!!! that is super thanks so much!

those things are really fugly and look like her arms and legs got stuck in the garbage disposal. thanks so much for the help, i had not htoiught of console commands have been away too long :)

would it work to take out all of the forsworn armor mods in the data file ..i see that i tried several versions and maybe one of them was bugged..i dont want to screw up my install but if the files just arrent there they should disappear without hurting the character wont they?

If you don't intend to use the modded forsworn armors, I don't see an issue with removing the meshes/textures from the data folder. Skyrim will simply just use the vanilla data. At the very least, rename the dds and nif files.

Add something like an x at the start of the file name. It's what I do when I want to "disable" a modded set of armor without removing it.

sample10.jpg

However, if the forsworn armor has modded stats, for example increase armor rating, then chances are that's why your companion picked them up. My followers occasionally will equip better armor pieces/weapons that are laying around because they provide better stats than what she/he is wearing.

In this case, you may need to edit the esp file of whatever mod your using that alters the forsworn armors and reduce the rating. Though I don't advise doing this.

Lagoon, thanks a lot and i LOVE your figure in your avatar what is that??? I am going to try your mods, you might enjoy seeing mine, it is called SkyHold Lodge and is housed at SkyrimNexus.

i had to go back 16 levels to a old save and use the console to level back up and skill up. The editor IDS were bad and it was imposisble to remove those things BE VERY CAREFUL of foresworn mods, this one was deadly and was a dead end trap if you wanted to get rid of them. Actualy when i removed all of her stuff she appeared in full Foresworn armor and that was because of the bad IDs. but thanks for the advice and reassurance of removal. I tried that but they were still there. :)

Lagoon, thanks a lot and i LOVE your figure in your avatar what is that??? I am going to try your mods, you might enjoy seeing mine, it is called SkyHold Lodge and is housed at SkyrimNexus.

i had to go back 16 levels to a old save and use the console to level back up and skill up. The editor IDS were bad and it was imposisble to remove those things BE VERY CAREFUL of foresworn mods, this one was deadly and was a dead end trap if you wanted to get rid of them. Actualy when i removed all of her stuff she appeared in full Foresworn armor and that was because of the bad IDs. but thanks for the advice and reassurance of removal. I tried that but they were still there. :)

The artist is "exgemini". He has a blogspot site and a deviantart, so not hard to find him. I'll check your home mod out tonight or so, though not a fan of other house mods cause it ruins my motivation to make them, lol.

Personally I never had an issue with forsworn mods, but then again I've only had their armors remodeled for body types. What mods did you have to altered forsworn stuff?

i will have to check which ones i was using there were two of them and they may even have been conflicting but i ended up with Bad Editor IDs so that caused the lock up. I had hoiped to try some of the Forsworns as there are some nice ones even some nice topless ones.

i hear you re mods, i dont use any other house mods myself for the same reason, i plan some updates to my house to add a crafting and trophy room downstairs but have been busy with other mods. the biggest challenge with the CS for Skyrim as opposed to Oblvion is the Walk mesh, it is very tough to get right and can easily make errors.  I am still modding Oblvion and just about to release a huge mod project that adds and entire city and new custom castle. Still move both game.s thanks for the lead on the artist, nice work.

have to get back work work now but thanks  agian and look forward to exploring your site more.

c

thanks but i can live without foresworn mods,plenty of other good things to enjoy. but thakns.  I did remove them all but the offending items were still there so i had to do the revert to an old save.

It sounds as though she's "defaulting" back to whatever the modded Lydia's default armour/outfit has been set to (NPC's often do this automatically, particularly when the item you're trying to make them wear has an equal or lower armour value than the default). This should be easy to check in the CK. When you made your Lydia mod, did you by any chance set her to wear some kinda Forsworn outfit as default? If so, open the mod up in the CK and set it to something else. ;)

Archived