A Cover Charge Door

I am trying to find a door that allows a cover charge to be placed on the door so that when a sim enters it automatically charges for entry. The reasons I have a need for the door like this is many. Number one, bars and nightclubs in my area actually charge a cover just to go in. Live Bands and comedians cost money and instead of trying to sell tickets ahead of time they just charge at the door. In some cases, a larger group of people going in get a discount price for parties. This also would be great for my Eco Sims games where I have placed a homeless shelter that serves free meals and exists on donations to get buy. My playable sims of course will donate vegetables, fruit, baked goods, meat cubes (ack!) and so on from their personal gardens but it doesn't take long for the funds and food to run out. Plus, the homeless shelter is run by a nice old couple that will donate, by way of gifts, money to family sims on the street. And it happens that the son of the old couple runs the local nightclub disco and can donate too. But you get the idea. An easy way would be to just be able to charge a donation at the door so I would not have to mind the door constantly to try to get money out of stingy NPC sims. And yes, last but not least a sim could get rich off people coming and going. 

If there is such a door, what is it called and where can I find it? I have spent hours searching for one. Close to 40 hours now. Been searching tonight since midnight and it is now 2:30 am. Just a typical thing over the last few weeks.

If there isn't a door like this, can Someone create one?

Keep in mind a door like this could be used for movie theaters, museums, libraries, car shows, and so much more!

Can you name this trait? I just went through all the traits to bars, restaurants and nightclubs and did not find anything that creates or maintains a cover charge. If there is a trait it may solve my issue and would explain why I get no response to my question about it. You are the first to actually respond in 3 weeks of looking for an answer. So, Please, if you know a trait that would allow a bar, such as the rattlesnake bar, to have a cover charge I would love to know what it is. 

25 minutes ago, TrehPike said:

Can you name this trait? I just went through all the traits to bars, restaurants and nightclubs and did not find anything that creates or maintains a cover charge. If there is a trait it may solve my issue and would explain why I get no response to my question about it. You are the first to actually respond in 3 weeks of looking for an answer. So, Please, if you know a trait that would allow a bar, such as the rattlesnake bar, to have a cover charge I would love to know what it is. 

Not to swoop in and steal @Mysterious1968's thunder or to speak for them, but I believe the lot trait they are referring to his LittleMsSam's Entrance Fee. 

36 minutes ago, SimBuddha said:

Not to swoop in and steal @Mysterious1968's thunder or to speak for them, but I believe the lot trait they are referring to his LittleMsSam's Entrance Fee. 

Thanks, my original post asked if there was such a door -> what is it? Well, you answered the question. Spot on! Went right to LilMsSams and did a search and there I have it! Thanks, SimBuddha. I wonder why I have never heard of this one, I have a lot of LilMsSams mods now, couldn't play without them. Just downloaded the pet elevator yesterday! 3 Weeks of searching... 3 minutes to be done. 

32 minutes ago, TrehPike said:

Thanks, my original post asked if there was such a door -> what is it? Well, you answered the question. Spot on! Went right to LilMsSams and did a search and there I have it! Thanks, SimBuddha. I wonder why I have never heard of this one, I have a lot of LilMsSams mods now, couldn't play without them. Just downloaded the pet elevator yesterday! 3 Weeks of searching... 3 minutes to be done. 

Awesome. Glad you were able to find what you need. There is definitely a lot of great stuff out there and it can sometimes be overwhelming. There is a lot on here too and sometimes it's hard to see it all, but I'm glad I happened to see this thread today and could help.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone,

LittleMsSam's Entrance Fee is a nice mod and will definitely have that in hand as well but I'm still looking for a door mod which charges for entrance so I can divide my community lot into levels where you go deeper you have to pay more. Also Entrance Fee mod wastes a lot trait and can only be charged once. I want to create pay walls like EA does! =D

I found this door mod; https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims1-objects-buildmode-doors/title/privacy-money-doors-4-pack/id/827527/

but it's for Sims 1 ?

Isn't there a VIP like entrance door which charges money, here in Loverslab?

Edited by gamlevegno