exporting character animation files .kf

Hi

I need to modify an existing custom animation but the issue is the export.

3ds max 2018 and blender 2.92 with the ported niftool addon doesn't properly save the modified animation as a .kf file.

I also tried this ancient complete package of Blender with old nif tools: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42755

When I import the saved kf file into the new blender the animation works except it seems like one arm doesn't move but it also does nothing ingame.

Is there any proper way to save those damn kf animation files?

I'm talking about Oblivion, thats the reason I posted it in this section.

Also the default skeleton of Oblivion is used for the animation.

do animations also need to be updated with something similar to FNIS like in Skyrim?

15 minutes ago, overdev93 said:

I'm talking about Oblivion, thats the reason I posted it in this section.

Also the default skeleton of Oblivion is used for the animation.

do animations also need to be updated with something similar to FNIS like in Skyrim?

ouch im soo dumb sorry for that i dint play oblivion because i have a trauma with a horse there. soo idk sorry 

19 hours ago, overdev93 said:

Hi

3ds max 2018 and blender 2.92 with the ported niftool addon doesn't properly save the modified animation as a .kf file.

I also tried this ancient complete package of Blender with old nif tools: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42755

When I import the saved kf file into the new blender the animation works except it seems like one arm doesn't move but it also does nothing ingame.

If I was you I would use that blender you posted install pose converter script from these site, copy the ani to a lite compatible skeleton (they exist with bbb)  and save as a blend reopen and the export with the new skeleton. Repeat and export.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:39 AM, overdev93 said:

Hi

It depends on what kind of animation, just a pose, or an animation of movement (also idle animation)? In general, if this is an animation of movement, first you need to change the settings of 3dsiax (ini-nif to plug kfg) For import and export from NonAccumulator bone, then import skeleton (importer will add NonAccBone - as helper ) then an animation, change something and export :)

1 1.jpg2.jpg

2 If you are going to edit motion animations, then this is a separate story. Yes, you also need to remember about the hierarchy of bones in animation (in short, an animation with a higher hierarchy on bones loses its animation more strongly)

3 . keys on the bones Bip 01 and BipNonAck, these bones act differently on the actor, Bip01- works in the xy plane with the collision of the actor). Also, as it seems to me, on the Z axis there is state control (on the ground, in the air). BipNonAccumulator does not seem to affect collision and control by the game engine. (At least it works through the movement in the game world through animation, it definitely happens through the Bip01 bone, since I did real movement in the game for the dance animation). So you have to be careful with this bone.

Thanks for the reply.

It's for an idle animation of a character. I just want to change the arm position for a few keyframes thats all.

I'm using 3ds max 2018 with the proper nif tool plugin 4.0.0. Sadly I don't have any file like that in the plugcfg folder. The only file that is named something with "nif" in the whole 3ds max folder is named "NifPlugin.dlu" that is a few megabytes big and no config. Couldn't find any config files in the 3ds max folder inside the MyGames directory either.

When I export the animation with the export settings in your picture then it's just 1 kb.

Also with the import in 3ds max the position of the left arm is wrong. The forearm is turned by about 45 degree and the rotation of the hand bone is reset.

Thanks but that doesn't work. Something is wrong with the export. The kf animation file is still just 1 KB big.

When I try to import the freshly saved animation with your max file I get an error in 3ds max and in blender.

Also the left arm is still in the wrong position when I import the original kf animation.

Here is a screenshot how the first frame of the animation looks when imported in Blender and 3ds Max. The pose on the blender picture is the correct one but 3ds max is changing some rotations of the bones of the left arm for some reason: https://i.imgur.com/sDsnT3l.jpg

All I want to be able to export an animation for Oblivion. There is a custom animation from a total conversion for Oblivion that I need to fix, the arm is clipping into the other one.

And I know how to animate stuff in Blender or 3ds max. The issue is that after the export the file is somehow broken.

I dont care if I use Blender or 3ds max as long as I get a proper animation exported.

I attached the original animation I want to fix and no I don't want that other people fix it for me, I just want to be able to fix and make my own animations for Oblivion.

fiddle.kf

40 minutes ago, overdev93 said:

Thanks but that doesn't work. Something is wrong with the export. The kf animation file is still just 1 KB big.

When I try to import the freshly saved animation with your max file I get an error in 3ds max and in blender.

Also the left arm is still in the wrong position when I import the original kf animation.

Here is a screenshot how the first frame of the animation looks when imported in Blender and 3ds Max. The pose on the blender picture is the correct one but 3ds max is changing some rotations of the bones of the left arm for some reason: https://i.imgur.com/sDsnT3l.jpg

All I want to be able to export an animation for Oblivion. There is a custom animation from a total conversion for Oblivion that I need to fix, the arm is clipping into the other one.

And I know how to animate stuff in Blender or 3ds max. The issue is that after the export the file is somehow broken.

I dont care if I use Blender or 3ds max as long as I get a proper animation exported.

I attached the original animation I want to fix and no I don't want that other people fix it for me, I just want to be able to fix and make my own animations for Oblivion.

fiddle.kf 7.12 kB · 0 downloads

for max - after blender 0.kfOnly I did not correct anything there, because there is no violin, and all (whole) his hands need to be redone

(In Blender, it was necessary to add keys to the necessary bones in order to normally import to max

and what should I do with the exact animation reexported?

I already have the animation I want to modify it myself. there has to be a way to get it to work on my side.

the violine is added as a idle object. it'a attached to one bone of the hand.

2 hours ago, overdev93 said:

and what should I do with the exact animation reexported?

I already have the animation I want to modify it myself. there has to be a way to get it to work on my side.

the violine is added as a idle object. it'a attached to one bone of the hand.

I know that an animation object is added in the game, but how can you animate the bone on which it is without it? this is also needed

If you don't care where to edit, use the x-blender. Remember the hierarchy of bones, do it on hands  99 percent (in nifscope also, for the bone on which the game engine generates the anime object ). Or use the kf-updater.

3.jpg

I attach the violine within the nif of it via a NiStringExtaData, I use "Bip01 L Finger21" for it. And it works.

This isn't my issue. 

Everything works except the right arm is clipping inside the violine. Thats the only thing I want to fix.

I have the complete animation with the violine in one hand and the bow in the other.

I think I will just edit the kf files directly inside nifskope ... since exporting with x-blender, blender with the new nif addon and 3ds max doesn't work at all.

Eeee. You don't know what the internal (local) coordinate system of animation objects is, you need to adjust it to the bone or the bone to match it in animation. via constraints  Okay, here's my example made in Max with anim objects. Everything works there.

6 hours ago, overdev93 said:

sure but that doesn't solve my general issue of exporting the animations at all.

I want to create and fix other animations, it's not just about this one animation.

If you made an animation (new) for your hand, and it does not work in the game(hand and the finger are as  bones where the anim object is attached as you made in Blender or other 3D-program ), then it's not about the export, but the hierarchy, I wrote to you.

(I do not know what is the problem with the exporter you have in 3ds max 2018, I do not have it )

As I usually did, I imported everything into max, if the locales of the anim object were bad, I changed its pivot point, then attached bone to the anim--object via constraints and animate everything. Collapsed bones (animation), then imported everything back into the game (including the object). It's faster to do this