Sims 3 pool inflatables - Count to 5 and they're done.

I've been trying to figure out how to get a sim to use a pool lounger/inflatable for longer than 5 seconds. I even looked into the Kinky World interactions tuning, yet only found 3 or so options which dealt with entering/exiting the pool. Odd since KW does have a solo masturbation option for females swimming.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has found some way to increase the amount of time a sim uses an inflatable autonomously. 'Most' of the time a player controlled sim will stay on one for longer, yet watching other sims sink and pop-up on one, where the player could count to 5 and they exit the inflatable is annoying.

I found no mods or other information which could help, like a tuning interaction 'timer'. I did see a Sims 4 pool 'lounger' where it appears someone added an object that floats in the pool, yet is treated like a lounge chair. This means the sims would likely stay on it for much longer, and given the KW animations, there could even be sex. But I found no 4to3 conversions of it.  :( 

If anyone has anything to add to the Sims 3 pool lounger/inflatable discussion, I'm all ears - err eyes.

On 4/28/2021 at 9:34 AM, landess said:

I even looked into the Kinky World interactions tuning,

On my game, if I look into the file KWLog_Export_XXXX.xml in the Sims 3 folder I always find the entrance below.

It is the bigger file with the animations listed (5kb on my game) what KW creates on start up.

So I think is one of the main KW bugs. Played around with the KW interactions tuning too, but no effect.......

GetTuning: InteractionTuning not found: Sims3.Gameplay.Pools.Pool AutonomyTuning: Oniki.Interactions.Pool_GetOutOfPool+Definition
### DEBUG ### Tuning not found: GetOutOfPool
GetTuning: InteractionTuning not found: Sims3.Gameplay.Pools.Pool AutonomyTuning: Oniki.Interactions.PoolLadder_GetInPool+Definition
### DEBUG ### Tuning not found: PoolLadder.GetInPool

Maybe this has something to do with it and you want to have a look if you have the same entrance in this file.

11 hours ago, Clydie said:

KW interactions tuning

I'm going to dig around NRaas Retuner and see what I can find. I was getting tired of my Sims 'always' wanting to Watch the Stars. It's not that I don't like it as much as the Sims 3 sometimes gets stuck in a loop or 'rut' - with thousands of things they could do, they just keep doing the same few over and over. Anyways I found a list online showing the Retuner paths to change certain things like Watching the Stars. While I did set it to NOT autonomous, I also noticed there are several other values which can be changed. Be aware the example used for this specific event was related to the seasons EP, and makes the change to stop sims during the winter from watching the stars. One would need to go to all the seasons, or find a central 'master' setting. Not sure just yet how seasons affects options. (Are they all split up or were there just more options added?)

https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/retuner  <------- Pretty 'in depth' with enough different examples to understand how things work.

I should be able to find one for the pool floats and perhaps I can make it 'more' fun/change the number of sim minutes or something. I already use a mod to make Sims more 'active' at the beaches and because of that they tend to do more than build sand castles and kick water.

Well, after spending some time in Retuner, I answered a few of my own questions. SeasonEP appears to add all the same tuning as the general (master) but gives options for players to change the EA defaults included when seasons is installed. Using the 'motivation' score values to approximate whether a sim would 'choose' to do certain things during certain seasons.

While I never found anything related to 'remaining' on a float, removing autonomous 'get up' may have dire consequences for sims as once they enter 'relaxing' on a pool float, they wouldn't be able to leave (unless the same mechanics work regarding eat/sleep/etc.) Of course there is the 'Stop doing that' interaction (user directed) and reset Sim of course. KW adds the 'cancel interaction and unlock sim' options as well. Still, there are a few motivation values, but looking at the ones implemented for all the options once on the float like 'nap', they appear to just 'control' what type of sims would be more susceptible to each type of interaction event.

As mentioned, my issue doesn't spawn from Sims using the float, it's the amount of time they remain before exiting the object/event. Still, I can always make a .txt file with the base values before experimenting and 'see what happens'. If I find anything positive I'd of course post more here.

Anyone interested in experimenting with Retuner can look at the page I linked above and try to understand the values shown. By showing the 'tweaks' and understanding how the game works, one should be able to make changes themselves with values that make 'sense'. Some things seem to work on a scale of 100, while others don't have a 'cap', but instead are created to allow a wide range of 'motivation' - these would be the ones that go over 100.

• 9 months later...

Hi, sorry I'm ressurrecting this old thread, but dear @landess did you manage to somehow extend the pool lounger relaxation times? the only way I've seen is with simler90's Gameplay Systems Core Mod - https://modthesims.info/d/659969/simler90-s-gameplay-systems-core-mod.html but it is a core mod with other loads of things I don't want to add to my game, I just want sims to take more than 5 seconds to relax on the pool dammit ?

6 hours ago, marcod10 said:

I just want sims to take more than 5 seconds to relax on the pool

/Agree

No - I've found nothing to change this although someone with good XML skills may be able to figure out how the 'Leisure Days' work with regards to 'relaxing' both on a lounge chair or a pool inflatable. What ever it 'IS' about leisure day, Sims WILL remain on either object much longer than 'default'.

>>>> I've bounced this around my mind a bit and was thinking of using the 'transmogrifier' to make a pool float into a lounge chair, and use 'movement' tricks to place it in the water - it would be static, but should have all the functions of a lounge chair including Woohoo. The more annoying thing there would be some sim walking on water to try for a generic/join handjob.

Edited by landess
On 2/22/2022 at 7:49 PM, landess said:

>>>> I've bounced this around my mind a bit and was thinking of using the 'transmogrifier' to make a pool float into a lounge chair, and use 'movement' tricks to place it in the water - it would be static, but should have all the functions of a lounge chair including Woohoo. The more annoying thing there would be some sim walking on water to try for a generic/join handjob.

Well, that´s an interesting idea, if you manage to crack it please share it, imagine having all the wohoo anims from the lounge chair in the pool float ?