Outriders

Not a lot of love for this game in general, so I doubt many potential modders even have it.

Though I will say, the game is playable for free if they're interested in modding but don't want the game themselves. There is a free demo on Steam and a free full version out there somewhere.

If People Can Fly have integrated any sort of integrity-checking code for the game's assets, best case scenario the game doesn't boot/allow you onto servers, worst case scenario you get banned.

That would be my only concern with working on this game.

24 minutes ago, Irastris said:

If People Can Fly have integrated any sort of integrity-checking code for the game's assets, best case scenario the game doesn't boot/allow you onto servers, worst case scenario you get banned.

That would be my only concern with working on this game.

I can't speak to any check on the game's assets, but there is Easy Anti Cheat at the bare minimum. I don't believe that is an issue though as the Xenoverse games used it and they had a very extensive modding community with zero issues. Most mods for that game involved changing around the vanilla game files too. There is a free demo that things could be tested on with a burner Steam account. Nothing to lose there if you did decide to look at it. The demo is seemingly the full game with progress gated. Anything that works there would most likely work in the full version as well.

I attempted to look up their stance on modding a while back before release, but its difficult to pin anything down because "modding" is a game mechanic and there are thousands of posts and topics about it everywhere. Regardless of bans, there is always an audience for this stuff. Just look at Genshin Impact. Their anticheat was so forceful that it banned people for Logitech mouse macros and Reshade. Yet people were clamoring all over here, Discord and many other sites looking for nude mods..even when an eventual ban was 100% certain. It may be a bit different when its anime girls vs these..monstrosities..but still. Slap a disclaimer on the download and call it a day. Let the big boys and girls decide whether or not to risk it haha.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...