Inactives always starving...

"inactives" as in all other households, be them selectable or unselectable

I'm starting to think that in the hundreds of tuning changes I've made over many months, I inadvertently "broke" the ability for sims to go get food when hungry.  But it also could be an artifact of either NRaas Story Progression or KW (I'm not really thinking KW is causing it, since I'm about 60% sure I remember it in a non-KW game).

It's to the point where whenever my sim goes out to where other sims are, at least half of them are complaining of being hungry.  To the best of my memory, the only specifically hunger-related mod I have is "evolublock_hunger_annimation_correction", but that only has 2 CLIPs.

"Oh, yeah, I'm hungry, and about 3 hours from passing out, so what'll I do? Stand here and stare at this bookshelf. Maybe that will fill my empty stomach."

hungry.png.882ac34284f55276644cd956d4fc9671.png

I'd rather not set the hunger motive to static (NR-SP) for all other households (since that might cause other issues), but it's the only thing I can think of.

So:  does anyone else notice this extremely frequently with other sims in their worlds?

Hi , I've had this at the beginning when I was using KW for the first times, I've found an alternative, even if you'll have to verify sometimes that your sims are well.. So my game isn't opened tonight I'll make more precisions for sure tomorrow but they are in the KW settings . I've notices first with sleep on couch : it means the sims really make a whole night as if they are in their beds, but they will even prefer sleep on couch instead of going back home and then sleep in their beds, even sometimes goind back to their homes and then sleep on their couch they have at their homes. Soo I made the settings sleep in a negative number. Go home in a big positive number and KW eat (at the end of the list quitely) in negative numbers too. It seems to make the game better with these parameters. See You tomorrow for best explanations. My apologies for the inconvenient tonight but I drank too much vine ;) I mean, Macron talked today and I didn't even watch tv OMG lol ?

I should've did this earlier, but after looking at the tuning stuff I did these changes. None of these would prevent a hungry sim from eating, so I'm still thinking SP is pushing sims (to make a lot seem not empty) when the sim should be pushed to go to a restaurant, or home, to eat.

I also found a note saying "Disable autonomous eat ingredient", but that should've only prevented stuff like eating an apple (or, what I saw more, drinking a whole bottle of honey).

Lastly, it appears that I tried to solve this back in 2019 by making eating "fun".  (Sims like things that give them "fun", so most of the tuning mods that claim to make a sim do something more really just add or increase the "fun" commodity.)

I do seem to recall changing settings on various Venues, but I think all I changed were lot times (making some open later, open earlier, or adjusting the hours stores were open) and the types of sims some lots would attract (that's Trait-based, not Moodlet-based).

All-together, I'm 80% sure the "issue" will be affecting other people's games.  But would like some confirmation of that.

Spoiler

Really, though the biggest "issue" is that TS3's "AI" isn't really all that great at "real-world" logic.  Sims either wait until they're bursting at the seems to run to a toilet or pee their pants.  Vampires stand out in the hot sun until they burst into flames.  They don't go home to sleep until after they've passed out from exhaustion.  Add in KW, and you've got "unroutable" sims who are really just standing waiting for another sim to get free so they can "ask to woohoo" or they're "unroutable" because they want to "woohoo alone" in a toilet stall that has a clogged toilet... In reality, a toilet is clogged, someone would either fix it themselves, or call maintenance; sims would go to eat when hungry, home when tired, stay out of places that would cause pain/death, and, well, in general "be fucking intelligent adults" instead of incompetent moronic 2-year-olds who have to be told what to do all the time and throw tantrums when they don't get it handed to them instantly.  Thus, 99% of the tuning changes (myself, or using work of others) is to fix the asinine stupidity that EA put into TS3.

Some of the stuff is almost to the point where the designer/developer who created it (or at least the manager who approved it) needed this done... gaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.  ok... I feel better.  lol  edit:  I'm gonna have to go watch this movie again, just to see what I used to pass daily again.  (being outta work & stuck in an apartment for months reallllyyyyyyyy suckssssss)

37 minutes ago, BulleCore said:

KW eat

?‍♂️ Figures.  I'd forgot to even look... KW overstepping its stated purpose once again.  There's nothing "kinky" about eating, they didn't add anything "kinky" to eating, so why the F did they even touch that setting.  ? 

Thanks for the suggestions on getting that sleep on couch thing to happen less.

"In vīnō vēritās, in aquā sānitās"  :) ?

I had put NRaas GoHere back into my game a while ago, but I no longer remember how KW acted without.  I do see "GoHomeEx" quite often, and that specific string is in the NRaas mod's code, not KW's.  So maybe there really is a conflict of interest between those 2 mods.

I mention that, because I noticed when I switched households over to the 5 sims who were starving (to send them to the diner to eat) that most of them had a "GoHome" moodlet.

Speaking of moodlets... there's 2 "Hungry" moodlets?!?!?  WTF!

2hungries.png.4a7afa9199f34d4e4d9a534e81d5db62.png

Might be unrelated, but I'm also noticing less inactives having cars bought for them this time around than in past games.  I did adjust the types of cars allowed, but that was more to prevent sims getting ITF cars, not cars at all.

Not sure if you like to play with thought bubbles turned off  <HideHeadlineEffects On> But because of the many wacky issues found in the Sims 3, of which many seem unexplained without grabbing a shovel - I find just using Master Controller/Intermediate - Max Motives lets me blow by the BS. I've never had a Sim 'die' on me, but not sure if playing with aging OFF changes the way the game handles Inactives/NPC's.

Sometimes it's better to just patch a leak with some duct tape instead of ripping out the plumbing till the entire system is in chaos.

39 minutes ago, landess said:

thought bubbles

I actually hear them groaning before I notice the bubbles... like in this library, my sim was up on the 2nd floor (that'd be 1st for you wacky Europeans... ?) and I heard a few groaning so I went down a level and found a few with that thought bubble... of course the second before I decided to do a screenshot, all the males got the same "ohhhhhhh hot female alert!!! must go fuck her now!!!" KW thought, so the pic of 4 of them all "hungry" couldn't be done.

59 minutes ago, landess said:

chaos

I do have a book on that, around here somewhere... :)

Spoiler

Duck tape isn't all that good for leaks... I've tried... multiple times.  OK, so it wasn't the "real" stuff, but some cheap-ass knock-off.  And, apparently neither is "Flex Tape". 

https://www.click2houston.com/consumer/2017/10/17/as-seen-on-tv-tuesday-can-flex-tape-stop-a-leak/

But I got what you were meaning.

3 hours ago, BulleCore said:

couch

I'm gonna try to just disable autonomy for that one, and see if KW's dev could actually do a simple "if disabled, do NOT do" bit of coding correctly.  ? There's quite a few places that "disabled" in settings is not actually disabled in-game.  But, testing will have to wait. 

6 hours ago, jdw6 said:

I'm gonna try to just disable autonomy for that one, and see if KW's dev could actually do a simple "if disabled, do NOT do" bit of coding correctly.  ? There's quite a few places that "disabled" in settings is not actually disabled in-game.  But, testing will have to wait. 

According to me I don't just disable it because it can appear again in another world (University for example but I have traveler too so... ) I also set it at -80 for relaxing and 0 for energy, I've found that way of setting things because I find it just disturbing enough to create a "don't" by the Sim. I also use another parameter to support this one it's in "sleep in bed" I set it at more than a thousand in positive and I wander if it can't help to make them less hungry when they awake because they usually die when they wake up just because they come back home absolutely harassed and they prefer to go to sleep even in bed instead of eating, even if there is a plate full of autumn salad in the kitchen... even waffles don't seem attractive enough in this case. With the Relativity it also works because they have more time to make things, but they don't organise as a real human being so it can become hell too there ... there's a middle to find.. 

On 4/1/2021 at 1:57 AM, BulleCore said:

middle to find.. 

sigh... yeah... I know.  I keep trying to push the wet string that this game can be at times.  It'd be easy, if it was -40°, but it's warm in here. lol

I did find a setting in NRaas GoHere that, once I disabled it, does seem to help actually get some inactives to go home to eat.  But not all.  It seems that if there is a professional bar on the active lot, they'll stay there, even if the only elevator is broken and they can't get to the floor where the bar is located.  So, at the library, just turning this off made several leave (I followed one, but didn't make him active) and after he got to his apartment, I could hear him open the fridge and start to eat.  But over at one of the Bridgeport-originated skyscraper-type bars, there were several stuck in the lobby, because the elevators weren't working.  Neither running NRaas Overwatch to fix the elevators or using DebugEnabler to reset the elevator helped.  Going into build mode and replacing the elevators did, though.

gohere-limitgohome.png.2b5240a3878d8e4a372445ed3786f1b8.png

Due to situations with the elevators like I just mentioned, in any buildings I build, I always put at least 2 different ways to get to the various floors.  IRL fire codes require alternate means of egress, so it's part that, but it's more that I'm just annoyed with things becoming "broken" in my games.  If it's not an elevator messing up, it's spiral stairs.  And that's just how the game is on its own.  Add in KW & you can have beds, couches, stoves, tables, etc. not usable, but at least there's a KW-debug "unlock" interaction that seems to help... I should try that on the elevators, the next time they screw up.

As for the sleep on couch, thing... I've not seen it happen yet, but it's also daylight now in my game.  It's felt like that Groundhog Day movie, though.  Err12s and crashes have been happening with great frequency lately in my game.  I might have to go back a few saves and not create the resort I just created. ? But I'm also starting to see many sims with screwed up skin (from the neck-down), which I've been told can be caused by ... ok, too tired to remember clearly, but some clothing/accessory item could be to blame.  Interestingly enough, the 2 females that I've taken into "edit in cas" have had a profile picture of some other sim down at the bottom in CAS... the same male other sim, in both cases.  I guess that's what I get for leaving one of the world's premade sims in this world, instead of nuking them all.  I was thinking it was related to KW's underwear feature, so I disabled that, but it happened twice after turning that off (maybe, with all the crashes, I sometimes forget to redo setting updates I had made, but didn't get a good save of).  And, it happened with a male sim, as well.  NRaas->Dresser->Check Outfits did fix the skin on a couple I tried that on, unfortunately with the guy, it also removed some stuff I wanted left on him... whatever it is that's causing this skin glitch, is also causing the memory usage to spike, thus causing crashes, and I'm 99% sure it's KW-related.  So, back to that "middle to find".... that, for me (or rather my sanity), might wind up with me removing KW once again.  At least for the majority of gameplay.  (Which will mean finding all the places that I've made setting/tuning changes to disable EA's woohoo.  As is, no KW = no kids, except those I create in CAH.)

6 hours ago, jdw6 said:

there were several stuck in the lobby, because the elevators weren't working.  Neither running NRaas Overwatch to fix the elevators or using DebugEnabler to reset the elevator helped.  Going into build mode and replacing the elevators did, though.

I found using a mod that makes elevators work 'instantly' fixes the problem 98% of the time. I'm guessing that either woohoo/or just the elevator *being in use when a game is saved (and loaded for next session) is the reason - nothing else "makes sense".

https://modthesims.info/d/433745

I use the 'very fast' option.

*being in use is subjective in the Sims 3 - A sim could be across town and the game wants them to 'scare' your sim - so your sim stands there waiting for the other sim to travel all the way to you sim and then gets 'distracted' at the last minute followed by your sim waiting for the game to clear his queue and then make the next decision on what to do. So your sim could have been 'in use' while the other sim was traveling....

@jdw6, Rare, but I don't blame KW for this, but think it's either a basegame issue or (unlikely) caused by Nraas. I remember way back, way before I had KW, with sims standing around the diner in Bridgeport with red hungry balloons, whining, doing the pointing to their mouths thing, then peeing themselves! I will say that it happens much less now. Perhaps a patch partially fixed it along the way? But yes, still happens. 

As a bit of a voyeur, I have been allowing some sims to run autonomously a bit more and to be hungry, and they do tend to eat eventually (before starving to death). 

On 4/1/2021 at 2:57 AM, BulleCore said:

"sleep in bed"

In interactions menu? I find that generally does not work correctly. It seems that everything must be set at the beginning of a new game, saved, and even then, those setting can not be imported to another save or even to another world within the same save if you travel. 

But yes, the sleep on couch is very annoying when a guest sleeps on a couch in a 6 bedroom house with 4 unused beds!

17 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

In interactions menu? I find that generally does not work correctly. It seems that everything must be set at the beginning of a new game, saved, and even then, those setting can not be imported to another save or even to another world within the same save if you travel. 

But yes, the sleep on couch is very annoying when a guest sleeps on a couch in a 6 bedroom house with 4 unused beds!

Hi it's effectively what I do, I usually do the most annoying part of the game at the beginning : the settings of KW ... I spend more than half an hour to set and verify everything is ok. Then when I make my Sim travel I usually check randomly them again to verify they didn't change but I didn't try with the real destinations like China etc.. Just other worlds with the Travel mod and the University world. 

On 4/3/2021 at 10:04 AM, jdw6 said:

sigh... yeah... I know.  I keep trying to push the wet string that this game can be at times.  It'd be easy, if it was -40°, but it's warm in here. lol

I did find a setting in NRaas GoHere that, once I disabled it, does seem to help actually get some inactives to go home to eat.  But not all.  It seems that if there is a professional bar on the active lot, they'll stay there, even if the only elevator is broken and they can't get to the floor where the bar is located.  So, at the library, just turning this off made several leave (I followed one, but didn't make him active) and after he got to his apartment, I could hear him open the fridge and start to eat.  But over at one of the Bridgeport-originated skyscraper-type bars, there were several stuck in the lobby, because the elevators weren't working.  Neither running NRaas Overwatch to fix the elevators or using DebugEnabler to reset the elevator helped.  Going into build mode and replacing the elevators did, though.

gohere-limitgohome.png.2b5240a3878d8e4a372445ed3786f1b8.png

I didn't play in Bridgeport since I didn't know how to avoid this poor unicorn running alone around a building in the middle of a city as if it was stuck in the middle of the night while there are no other animals around... I planned to try to play again now I have the option to avoid all of this with the Register mod ;) . I didn't know about the elevators so it will be very usefull! 

About the err12 I've experimented this so much with my old computer that I also had the information that it's recommended to build at least with two free squares in lenght and in width around the ground and to place well the trees (or other big items) with this principles ... I don't know if it's accurate here but it helped me a lot at this time.

According to me I'm still trying to refine everything in my game because my current goal is to have a "perfect" packages configuration (except those of Cmar lol).. As I've said in another topic, I check every package I want and I place them in my game and once it will be done, I'll create some compressorized files for each type/theme/etc ... One last thing, I didn't really played a lot with the Origin version I lately got, but with the steam one I didn't have any of these 12 err. even with the fuckpackages that were installed with the whole game ("ftg repack" I hope You see what I mean), to be more precise I had 5 compressurized packages files containing the whole shop items in them, each of them were between 1,5 and 2 gigas big ... and the complete list of the store worlds installed. And the for the big packages, they were appearing in conflict with the Delphy's Dashboard for 3 of them. So I don't know yet if it's the same with an origin version or not. 

3 hours ago, BulleCore said:

I spend more than half an hour to

This is possibly my single biggest issue with Kinky World. Take time to go through the menu, sub-menus, interactions menu, set things as YOU wish to play, save it and then you can not import those settings to another game... like you can with any Nraas mod.

Honestly, it is as Oniki consciously decided that you will play HER Kinky World the way SHE wants you to play it, or simply spend hours setting it up each time you wish to change HER masterpiece. (((( And even when you do change settings, I swear that half of them don't do anything.

On 4/3/2021 at 9:44 AM, landess said:

nothing else "makes sense"

I'm starting to suspect there is a long laundry list of things that cause issues if you load a save that was made while sims are using things.  Might be why KW seems to clear the sim's queue semi-frequently during its init.  (That mod doesn't always clear things, but enough that I've noticed it... but I also usually have about 4-20 things in my sims' queues.  I think far far far ahead of where they are.)

On 4/3/2021 at 9:44 AM, landess said:

elevators

Thought I had that.  Couldn't find it in my mods folder, but it turned out that either it conflicted with something else (it only has 2 xml files in the mod) or I "didn't like" the options.  Either way, tweaking elevators was in my tuning file.  I had them slightly slower than the "very fast" values, so am gonna update things and see if that fixes things.  I did read about how, sometimes, lots in custom worlds can get "glitched" which can cause routing issues.  Since I'm in a custom world, it could also be something along those lines.  (Although I know I frequently had elevator issues in Bridgeport's gym.)  In the current world, some of the highrises I find sims stuck inside a hidden room beside the mailboxes... :( 

Anyway... thanks for the reminder on trying to speed up elevators.

Somewhere -- I forgot where, exactly -- I ran into something (maybe a setting in GameplayData, maybe a blog, maybe a setting in some mod) that showed a timeout for how long a sim will stand around with their thumb up their butt waiting for another sim to get there.  Seems like it's 30 sim-minutes, but maybe that's what I changed it to.

hmmm....

9590db5b Increase 'wait outside' from 0 to 1 for CocktailLoungeVampire

... while looking for that "wait time" value, I noticed this commit... I know I've had elevator issues on other lots, but I do think the one I was bitching about earlier was on just such a lot.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:41 AM, LadySmoks said:

Nraas

The longer I delve into the undebelly of both KW & the NRaas mods, the more I find both "initial" developers were very... um... "opinionated" (I guess that's the current software term for "my way or the highway" or, put differently, dictatorship type of development... which usually leads to fascism in how fanatical the supporters are... ?  surprising just how well those political terms fit both KW & NRaas... but I digress).

Where was I?  Oh yeah, the more I look into things, the more I find that they both have a very specific way of playing in mind, and sometimes that way is not how users want things to work.  The trick, for us mere mortals, is to try to figure out how they wanted us to use their work and either accept that way, or remove their mod.  Neither of them is above the other in actual code quality, skillset, or view on users.  It's just that Twallan's stuff was initially written for his wife, so he had a very very very strong desire to "get it right".  ?  (Also, it's the type of thing he could actually discuss with coworkers w/o getting fired...)

On 4/4/2021 at 7:13 AM, BulleCore said:

more than half an hour

Oof.  I've maybe just done it more, so it only takes a few minutes for me.  Well, at least for settings.  Adding in the KW objects throughout the town does take a bit longer... especially since the game either Err12s or crashes on me if I try to update more than 2 lots at once.  So that part usually creates about 5-8 saves, with quitting & restarting the game between each.  (Minor, compared to the 15-20 saves to set up a town w/o the KW crap stuff.)  Stupidly, on my part, I forgot to do a non-KW version of this world... smh.

On 4/4/2021 at 7:13 AM, BulleCore said:

Bridgeport... unicorn

Hmmm... after many months of (real-time) gameplay in Bridgeport, I don't think I ever saw a unicorn in Bridgeport, let alone downtown.  I know Bridgeport cannot have racoons, wild horses, or deer, due to EA's world settings, and I was thinking that unicorns required wild horses to be allowed in the world.  ?‍♂️

Anywho... I think I'm at the "start this world over or switch worlds again" point.  I'm starting to notice sims having skin issues fairly frequently, which I'm guessing is KW trying to change things even though I've disabled underwear (still getting the 'wet panties' notice at times), realtime outfit manager, and clothes update.  It's either that KW is still trying to do things, or KW isn't compatible with the specific skins I've set on these sims.  None of the main sims in my worlds (those I import) are using default skins, and it's only those that I've noticed issues on.  Unrelated to the hunger issue, I'm starting to suspect that the "enhanced vampire" and/or "enhanced witches" mods are causing some of the memory issues (aka: save issues & crashes) that I've been seeing. 

I mentioned this by package name earlier, but searching only showed my own posts on here... ?  so here's that hunger animation mod:  https://modthesims.info/d/616224/hunger-behavior-more-realistic.html

One last thing before I probably disappear for a while to reexamine changes & configs & stuff:  I had dropped from KW409 to KW408 (bad pun: I'm out of 409 cleaner, so had to change versions).  KW408 seemed to have the settings/options that I expected to see, KW409 sometimes didn't show everything, but I think if I re-KW-ize again, I'll go back to 394.  Of all the versions I've tried, that one seemed to cause less grief for what mods I had installed, how many sims I had, what settings I had, and how I played... but, since I've started to disable things, maybe 375 might make more sense.

I'm just starting to feel a bit worn out from redoing the same sim-hour (or, at times, few sim-minutes) over and over and over before it'll actually save.  Ohhhhh the evil things I've fantasized about doing to the ? a-hole at EA who couldn't figure out how to make it save 100% of the time.

Anyway... y'all feel free to talk amongst yourselves. ?

45 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

I know Bridgeport cannot have racoons, wild horses, or deer, due to EA's world settings

NRaas Story Progression seems like it could change that by importing settings from another world. I myself have the settings I like and import to every new game - but - I notice there is a default(?) setting that carries over with something like 4 horses/deer, 2 raccoons, 6(?) stray dogs, 3(?) stray cats, and a Unicorn.

Not sure if there is some kind on world tuning for cities which override that - just as worlds defined as cities spawn Taxi clutter to immerse the player in a 'busy' city. Just thinking why one player may be getting 'Pets' npc's in places they 'shouldn't.

When one gets an 'Error 12' - options to save ones work are to save sims to bin, and lots to library before closing the game.....   Upon reloading the save from before - now one can make those changes by substituting the bin/library work for the ones in game. Even if worried about a families progress, just moving them to another lot while household lots are replaced and moving them back is an option. It just depends on how much work one did and is willing to salvage. CAS bin and library are real time saves and aren't dependent on the game save.

3 hours ago, jdw6 said:

both have a very specific way of playing in mind

What I see as a big difference is that Nraas mods were created years before KW, and with the general purpose of fixing many of the broken crap that EA corporate decided they didn't need to spend money to have someone fix. As discussed with @namaradus, more of nudging the EA program in a more user friendly direction, and done with modules that could be plugged in separately as to the user's playing style... and somewhat tunable... that actually worked... and could be saved, exported and imported to a new game.

You simply can't say any of that about KW. It's one big mod that continued to grow. It never intended to compliment or correct broken EA script, but to overwrite it and basically turn TS3 into a different game. Instead of modules that gave various kinky things, each was added into the single mod. No real tuning for the user. The save/ export/ import just doesn't work, so you have to set up the game for each world you play. Oh, some stuff seems to stick for some reason, but half of the settings just reset. Never had that problem with Nraas. I've had some issue, like the way Dresser does things, but overall, I find it a far superior system.

16 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

The save/ export/ import just doesn't work, so you have to set up the game for each world you play.

Think you mean the KW settings......

Can not confirm this. For my part, I just experimenting a little with creating additional pubic hairs which you can register in KW. So often the KW settings change to test what I did.

Since I am lazy and use almost the same KW setup in all of my separate Sims 3 folders with different saves and worlds, I just copy the KW save file (there should be only one for KW even if you have different worlds in your sims 3 folder in use - my opinion only !) from the Library into the Library of the different setup -and- make sure to delete the old KW save file in this Library then. On my games I identify the KW settings about the file size. My explorer shows this file with a size of 5kb and it is the only one with this size in the Library. (Or - if you are unsure of the KW save file- start the game prior you copy in the new the KW save file, do a KW save, then you can identify this file about the creation date. But check the size if there are others of the same size too) Then start the game and import the KW settings. It always works for me, even if I did not delete the cache files first. But must say, in all my games the mod folder is identical. May you give it another try, since always to setup KW new is really ......

29 minutes ago, Clydie said:

Think you mean the KW settings......

Yes. There seems to be a certain way that the settings are applied, but to make any changes (especially to the interactions menu) and save those changes, export them, they do not import. Always says "import failed". Or when traveling to another city, will say, "There are no settings to import". HUH? Yes, there are. They are in the library as you said.

13 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

the interactions menu

Ok, have your point. Changes in the interactions menu and also if you change settings for single animations, I mean to flag animations as rough or so, will not saved with the KW save settings as far as I saw. So I do not touch those at all because of that. Think it is two of the many started ideas what never have been and will be finished in KW.

Do only rarely use the travel feature. but will test it next time. Remember only many error messages appear in the world you traveled to about this school thing if you had a school running in your home world.

15 hours ago, Clydie said:

(Or - if you are unsure of the KW save file- start the game prior you copy in the new the KW save file, do a KW save, then you can identify this file about the creation date. But check the size if there are others of the same size too) Then start the game and import the KW settings. It always works for me, even if I did not delete the cache files first. But must say, in all my games the mod folder is identical. May you give it another try, since always to setup KW new is really ......

Hi Clydie, where does the KW save appear? In the Library or directly into the The Sims 3 folder where all the KW exports and the cache files appear? Then if they appear here is it necessary to place the KW save into the Library? 

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

Ok, have your point.

There are some things that remain changed in the interactions menu, but most do not. It is a rather long menu, so time consuming to make changes just for one game. It's one of those things that is better to not have it at all than to have another thing that does not work to frustrate people with! (((

I also noticed that "flagging" animations does not work, so I take a snip of the message and then go into the xml to change it there.

I tried schools very briefly. I actually forget now what the problems were that it caused, so I don't use it. But, my sims do travel a lot!

2 hours ago, BulleCore said:

In the Library

There. As Clydie said, easiest way to find it is to make a new export of your settings then go to your library and it should be the newest package... only 4 kb size in my game. I can open the package with s3pe, but can not open the files inside.

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

time consuming to make changes just for one game.

I have gotten the 'failed' notification before but only a few times. Most of the time I have no problems but then again - I only do it at the beginning of a new game when enabling KW for the first time. I know the fail never happened during this stage/at this time. Always when I was trying to 'update' a save series in which I had already applied an earlier 'version' of my KW settings save. The last time is when I had added all those underwear codes from your mod and didn't want to type them in to previously played saves - import failed.

Funny thing is now I use ver409, but my last save is from ver407 - so I load a new game, Enable KW, then apply the settings save. When I exit that save and return to play next - I first get a notification KW mod is updating from 407 to 409. When I check the settings though - nothing has changed from the earlier application and manual tweaks for THAT world.

I wonder if one disables KW - makes a save - then loads the 'clean save' and then enables KW - will it now take the KW save setting import without failing? It seems to me that's when it fails - after a previous import succeeds it acts like - 'there can only be one!' - and you already used it!

30 minutes ago, landess said:

I wonder if one disables KW - makes a save.......

Not sure. Again, it's almost as it has a set of settings hard coded. I have even deleted the saved settings file after copy pasting it to a safe location and KW will do whatever it pleases on start up. With the library reference removed, I don't know what KW could be looking at?

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I have even deleted the saved settings file after copy pasting it to a safe location and KW will do whatever it pleases on start up

To my understanding, KW saves his settings also with the game save file. So, if you delete the KW settings package in the Library and start the game again,

then KW should have the settings as of your last game save. (The same as i.e. NRAAS MC or Story Progression settings.)

This is not the way i.e. Passion works. I do not know if passion just saves nothing with the game save, but at least if you have a not predefined set of animations registered in Passion, this will be lost on the next start up of the game and you need to load the saved settings for that on each game start. On the other hand, in Passion you can have many save setting files and even rename them individually (same as NRAAS SP & MC) ! But non of the mentioned mods read their settings file on game startup, I think.

19 minutes ago, Clydie said:

KW saves his settings also with the game save file

This why I mentioned making a 'clean' save after disabling KW. Then starting the game with the clean save - enabling KW 'fresh' - and then applying the 'new' KW settings export which is a separate library file which has only KW settings and is not tied to any individual save . . . 

Of course KW has a set of settings 'hard-coded' - it's called the default settings. All I'm suggesting is as Clydie mentions is the save file for the current game played keeps it's own record of the player settings which somehow 'know' if an import has been done already and won't allow any 'new' imports by giving a failed notification.

I can make changes to the KW settings after an import though - this is how I tweak each game differently to my 'needs' and these adjusted settings remain viable as that save is played. The reason I haven't made a new export since 407 is that file has all the settings I want for every play session with only 2 or 3 changes needed if I want - like rape/peeping/etc.