I share my Origin account with a younger sibling on another computer, should I worry about screenshots?

F

28 minutes ago, S0urceHunter said:

I was shocked by a few lewd screenshots I took some time ago while clearing out old folders. Should I worry about these screenshots appearing on my sibling's computer? via Origin or Sims itself? I'd like to start taking more, but I don't want them seeing my smut.

Ā 

1. - how old is your sibling ?

2. - what was on the screenshots (could you post them) ?

3. - why is it a problem for you ?

Ā 

I just talk about myself , but for me would it not be a problem if my younger siblings would play with sexual content .

Ā 

Some people would be shocked , but if I would have 10 years old kids I would allow them to play with Wicked Whims and with the animations from loverslab . The only thing that would bother me would be if they would google for normal custom content and mods , and they would go on not so secure websites that could have computer viruses .

2 hours ago, S0urceHunter said:

I was shocked by a few lewd screenshots I took some time ago while clearing out old folders. Should I worry about these screenshots appearing on my sibling's computer? via Origin or Sims itself? I'd like to start taking more, but I don't want them seeing my smut.

Ā 

I am fairly sure screenshots, saves and mods are local to the computer rather than the account.

4 hours ago, Captain Rondo said:

but if I would have 10 years old kids I would allow them to play with Wicked Whims and with the animations from loverslab

There are two key differences here though.

1) He's not talking about a kid, but about a sibling. What content this sibling is or is not allowed to see is ultimately the decision of the parents, not him.
2) If your kids decide they want to play the game with WW that's voluntarily. If they stumble upon your screenshots through account sharing that's not the case.

8 hours ago, Captain Rondo said:

they would go on not so secure websites that could have computer viruses .

The mods/CC/SimsĀ uploaded here are not scanned for viruses or malware.

Ā 

Hopefully you never have 10y old kids which play TS4. Or if you do you hopefully noĀ longer thinkĀ that WW and the animations are suitable for them.

12 hours ago, Kashked said:

Ā 

I am fairly sure screenshots, saves and mods are local to the computer rather than the account.

Ā 

10 hours ago, LittleDoxy said:

Screenshots, mods and save files are stored locally. So there shouldn't be an issue regarding adult content.

Ā 

That's what I was hoping, just being paranoid and wanted some confirmation that Origin wouldn't cloud share those or whatever.

Ā 

And while I'm at it, is Steam safe too?

39 minutes ago, S0urceHunter said:

Ā 

Ā 

That's what I was hoping, just being paranoid and wanted some confirmation that Origin wouldn't cloud share those or whatever.

Ā 

And while I'm at it, is Steam safe too?

Ā 

Steam, not so much. Screenshot, saves forĀ mostĀ games and workshop mods are all shared over the account. If you manually apply mods without the workshop it's not shared though, although the saves made in those mods will be. Many games have a "don't save to the cloud" function though. Also obviously chatlogs etc. are shared, but that is true for Origin as well.