Hello there folks.

I was wondering if there is someone who actually have very stable modded fallout 4 which looks good and would like to share it modlist with some screenshoots here. So basicly to mod Skyrim it took me over a month tweaking, adding mods, testing and it finally looks stunning and also extremely stable. I have over 320 mods in it and didn't receive any CTD for about 10 hours of pure gameplay. After beating it twice with LL mods (of course) i want some change. For the past two weeks i'm trying to find some great combinations of mods for visuals and smooth framerate, but F04 is a fcking nightmare... I just can't get it to work, either i have 30fps and game crashes over and over again or everything works fine but when i try to configure mods in MCM it simply crashes to desktop in few seconds. 

Is there any specific version of the F4 game which is stable enough to mod? Does MCM have some problems because it hasn't been updated for such a long time? I just lost my hope and stopped modding it by myself, so if there is any kind soul here who could share their modlist with screenshots (for preview) i'll be thankful.

My pc specs (preferred resolution: 2560x1440):

RTX 2080

Ryzen 7 3700x

32GB ram

SSD Obviously

Thanks in advance for any advice and your time. Take care everyone! (sorry for any mistakes i've made in my post, english is not my native language)

maranmurla

Some Mod Guides For Reference:

Optimization Guides Collection 2:   https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/50005?tab=files

Fallout 4 Mod List and Load Order Guide (BiRaitBec Modlist):   https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23556

AAF Guide:

I am still playing around with my Mod List.  Seems fairly stable so far.  Mods are in reverse order of how they appear in Mod Organizer.  Items in Bold are what I consider my core mods.  I add and subtract from core mods as needed depending on play through.

You need to decide on Mod Manager if you have not already.  Vortex or Mod Organizer 2.  These are the most common currently supported.

Decide on body you want to use, if you don't want vanilla. This would be CBEE (Most common), Fusion, (What I use and what most use with AAF), Wonder Body, Atomic Beauty, True Wasteland Body, JaneBod and a few more.

Load mods as required by body type selected.

You may also need some utility mods such as LOOT for sorting, Bethesda Archive Extractor for BA2 file extraction, BethINI for config file tweaking, FO4Edit, and ZEdit for creating merged mods and a couple of other features not completely ready yet.

I usually get my character body working first.  Then maybe Settlement mods, environmental mods, etc.

Key is unless you have used these mods before and know how they work, Load Order, Etc. only load a few at a time.  Start the game, test out operation.  Stop game, load a few more.  Once you get a base number of mods that are reliable you can save that order for future play throughs.  Add mods as needed to your core.  I zipped my entire MO2 directory up when I was happy with how my core mods were behaving.  Very quick to reimplement if something blows up.

Before you start make sure your game is installed properly and has no non vanilla files lurking somewhere.  These can cause problems when you start adding mods.

Decide what you want to do with game.  Do you just want more difficult combat?  Do you want Settlement Building?  Do you want lots of quests?  If you try to have it all you will probably break your game.  So decide on your ultimate goal.

If you remove mods with plugins you will probably want to start a new game.  I use a dozen or so test characters when testing a new game build.  Once I am happy with how things are working, I will start over with my permanent character.  

Mods with a lot of scripts can cause instability. 

There are also performance enhancing mods, like Address Library for F4SE Plugins, Buffout, and xSE PluginPreloader F4. You will need to read the directions for these but I put these directly in the game folders so they won't show up in my mod list.  They do enhance stability.  

To get a stable, fun game, you will unfortunately need to put in some wrench time.  I started my new build back in December and I am still tweaking.  You can probably get a decent set up mods up and running in a few day but it depends on what you are running.

I am probably forgetting some things.  These are just off the top of my head to get you some direction or answers. 

Good Luck 

FO4 Mods List.rtf

@Samuraitech I didn't know about Optimization Guides Collection, thank you! About BiRaitBec, i've tried that one it actually worked great but when i add something outside the list it became unplayable again. The main problem in every single case is Mod Configuration Menu and its CTDs. No more than 10 seconds in some mods and the game dies instantly. Once i had a problem with level up screen, it also crashed my game.

Anyway thanks for any tips, maybe i'll try to mod F4 once again soon. Thanks for the modlist as well!

On 3/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, maranmurla said:

Hello there folks.

I was wondering if there is someone who actually have very stable modded fallout 4 which looks good and would like to share it modlist with some screenshoots here. So basicly to mod Skyrim it took me over a month tweaking, adding mods, testing and it finally looks stunning and also extremely stable. I have over 320 mods in it and didn't receive any CTD for about 10 hours of pure gameplay. After beating it twice with LL mods (of course) i want some change. For the past two weeks i'm trying to find some great combinations of mods for visuals and smooth framerate, but F04 is a fcking nightmare... I just can't get it to work, either i have 30fps and game crashes over and over again or everything works fine but when i try to configure mods in MCM it simply crashes to desktop in few seconds. 

Is there any specific version of the F4 game which is stable enough to mod? Does MCM have some problems because it hasn't been updated for such a long time? I just lost my hope and stopped modding it by myself, so if there is any kind soul here who could share their modlist with screenshots (for preview) i'll be thankful.

My pc specs (preferred resolution: 2560x1440):

RTX 2080

Ryzen 7 3700x

32GB ram

SSD Obviously

Thanks in advance for any advice and your time. Take care everyone! (sorry for any mistakes i've made in my post, english is not my native language)

maranmurla

1st steep with Fallout 4 this is why alit of people care having Ctdfrps drop lag studder shudder

Whenever you 1st downloaded FO4. Than moded the game all worked great at that time after Fallout 4 has-been moded 

A stable mod list is always a good list to have

But With Fallout 4 there is an issues when i 1st installed Fallout 4 was about 3 years ago never had any issues then i stated modding Fo4 took me about 3 years

to complete to have a perfect game set up Well with in these 3 years i noticed Game changes Stuff not working lie when you 1st go to DC and meet Piper

After you get in side DC The Pastor Clemons wold be out side he be came never out side also noticed other stuff that should be and was not

so about 2 weeks ago i thought it is time to redo my game i have my mods list most stuff was up to date so i uninstalled fallout 4 using steam then i re installed 

from steam after every thing was installed i launch the game with the default launcher well i seen i had saved game files in my game folder i deleted them and started

A new game go all the way to sanctuary hills exit out of game then set my custom ini stuff then F4SE launch the game from F4SE everything worked

then started to adding mods well my game started to act strange also was getting a lot of CTD are this mod not working bunch on lagging studder shudder crap

i was then wtf is going on here so i instated FO4 edited and ran the game to clean this is what i found out alot of missing Creation kit files missing error scrips just other stuff

errors i was thinking this is a new installation why is this stuff  missing  so as i was going thought the errors i seen something Megs from the operators the part where she give the gun i was wait i haven't been to Nuka world yet then it dawn on me when i Re install from steam it put all my save game content back in along with Scripts corrupting my game files be cause those mod no longer exists giving me a lot of errors so i found a fix also no more lag no more frps drop while in Boston area

Fallout 4 Screenshot 2021.03.22 - 21.16.57.30.png

Fallout 4 Screenshot 2021.03.22 - 21.19.01.76.png

Fallout 4 Read me.txt