Hi, your interest is greatly appreciated. The skeleton used is xpmse. the lakerise world does not need prerequisites. the mod itself needs xpmse skeleton or the game will crash, other things are packed and with permission. I hope you will provide the missing animations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After trying out the mod as far as it exists a bit i'm thinking quite a bit of animation could be filled up, simply by swapping over some things from the sneaking animations to non-sneaking animations and vice versa.

For example the weapons-drawn crawling animation works for sneaking, so you could just set the same animation for normal movement. And when not sneaking you have been using the "surrender" animation as far as i can tell for "standing" with weapons drawn, you could just adapt that to standing in sneak mode with weapons drawn.

Unfortunately i dont understand nearly enough of how to set animations to make this work in practice, but I imagine to someone who know how to do it, this should be fairly simple.

As for attack animations, I guess that does need some actual animationwork, but I image the simplest way is to get the mermaid to just kneel on her tail during attacks.

oi, partly out of curiosity, does anyone still have a copy of EB's mermaid that i can grab a hold of?

Here you go. I also added the swimming and crawling-sneak animation files, for convenience. Keep in mind though that those will affect all characters so NPCs will crawl on the ground when sneaking and flap their feet when swimming.

EB mermaid.rar

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so excited for this mod. I just tried out the beta version and it seems like so much fun! I did notice the seam issues as was mentioned in previous posts by others. I would like to ask though, will there be a CBBE compatibility patch one day? Once the mod is fully developed, of course? So far, it seems really awesome. Maybe even incorporating customization pertaining to different fluke styles and colours. Or even getting to change the scale textures would be so cool. Looking forward to the further development of this mod! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, my team has recently learned how to write the skeleton.hkx file to add animations to custom bones for our gorgon/tsaesci races. But we don't want the animations to replace the vanilla animations.  We noticed that your mermaid race's animations didn't replace the other animations.  So we were wondering what program did you use to edit the defaultfemale.hkx to make your defaultfemale.hkm files?  I've tried using the notepad ++ after converting the file to xml, but either no animations play, or it will only play the vanilla animations.  Thank you for your time.

What's this about skyrim special edition?

Hi whisnot4, thanks for making me animations before, now that you know how to make skeletons work, can you please make me again animations for the mermaid that's missing? I will help you with your gorgon race to not replace the vanilla animation if you haven't already, and you help me with the rest of mermaid animations. Let's help each other.

I'm re writing the issues, and what's missing for the mermaid mod

Animations:

all land movement animations

all attack animations, and attack animations while moving

all magic animations, and magic animations while moving

Others:

as a mermaid, the mermaid will lie down on land, when she does, her body does not touch the ground when on a slope. for example when going uphill, her body does not slant according to the terrain, it will clip through.

I'm re writing the issues, and what's missing for the mermaid mod

Animations:

all land movement animations

all attack animations, and attack animations while moving

all magic animations, and magic animations while moving

Others:

as a mermaid, the mermaid will lie down on land, when she does, her body does not touch the ground when on a slope. for example when going uphill, her body does not slant according to the terrain, it will clip through.

A few questions first.  Do you want me to make them open to any body type, like my team's Gorgons and Tsaesci races? If so, what skeleton do you want to be the base?  The newest version of xpmse?  Since I can add custom bones and animate them in game, are you wanting to use the current version of the tail for me to add the mermaid tail rig to(custom bones)? I am a very subpar animator.  My skills lie more in rigging things.  If you've seen any of the mods my team has released(Beast of Tamriel, Sea of Spirits to name two) I rigged most of those creatures. Can you get me the vanilla animations you are wanting to change for the mermaid.  I'm still trying to figure out how to make the body have ground collision.  So, I'm not sure I can help you with the ground clipping issue.  One technique that helped a lot with the Gorgons was to raise their skeleton(NIF) up 5 units.  If the player looks too close they'll see the body floating a little, but they may like that opposed to clipping.

There's a cute naga-follower over at nexus, maybe you can harvest something from it?

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/80126/?

(most likely not much, but perhaps furniture animations?)

Not familiar with that mod, though it looks really well done.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76175/?

Might be able to fabbricobble some insight from the file structure of this mod.

Haha! That is my team's Gorgon mod.  I made the rigging for that mod, so I'm pretty sure, if I can use something from it for the mermaids, I will.