Bethesda's new game, Shinji Mikami's "The Evil Within" aka Project Zwei

Guest Demiales

The only horror games I've played recently are dead space and silent hill. Pretty much all of the new silent hills have been a let down for me. I like reading into the story though, the history with the demons and why people are forced or go to visit silent hill or neighboring towns (which are sometimes more fucked up than silent hill). I stopped playing resident evil after nemesis or code veronica I think; it stopped being scary. Oddly enough it was scarier when the graphics were low poly, but the sound effects always made up for it. After the newer resident evils came out they felt more like gears of war than anything. I hope this turns out good.

The only horror games I've played recently are dead space and silent hill. Pretty much all of the new silent hills have been a let down for me. I like reading into the story though, the history with the demons and why people are forced or go to visit silent hill or neighboring towns (which are sometimes more fucked up than silent hill). I stopped playing resident evil after nemesis or code veronica I think; it stopped being scary. Oddly enough it was scarier when the graphics were low poly, but the sound effects always made up for it. After the newer resident evils came out they felt more like gears of war than anything. I hope this turns out good.

if you really like horror, try Fatal Frame and Siren, oh and never tried it but they say Amnesia is great too

edit : watched the trailer, well i don't really like action trailer but since it is Shinji's, it's definitely worth a shot i guess

The man with the golden touch returns at long last. Personally I hope this is the RE 4 milking that we never got after Capscom unceremoniously drummed him out. RE 4 was good for another 1.5 games worth of iteration but instead we got RE5(meh, it was kinda ok/good) and RE6(so bad its almost good.....but not really).

I'am not that intrested in horror games but I'am glad that Bethesda as a publisher has the balls to finance new franchises. Take a good look EA and Activison.

I highly doubt EA and Activison should look at bethesda since it is bethesda who is looking up to them , dumbing down their games for the masses ,cashing in on games like TESO,no thanks .

If you want they should look somewhere it is towards Valve ( for waiting to make a good HL 3 game not just cash in as soon as possible) or CD projekt Red (free content  ,adult themes and any time soon the Red kit , what more could you want ?).  

edit: try sureai for games bigger and better than behtesdas own .

I highly doubt EA and Activison should look at bethesda since it is bethesda who is looking up to them , dumbing down their games for the masses ,cashing in on games like TESO,not thanks .

If you want they should look somewhere it is towards Valve ( for waiting to make a good HL 3 game not just cash in as soon as possible) or CD projekt Red (free content  ,adult themes and any time soon the Red kit , what more could you want ?).  

edit: try sureai for games bigger and better than behtesdas own .

I agree with you that they simplify their games and I'am also not that exited about TESO. And their games have alot unused potential. But that was not my point, I simply expressed my respect for thier courage to create another new brand. With Rage, Dishonered and now this one Bethesda is the publisher with the most new brands in the tripple A Sector (as far as I know). And even if the the outcome was not the best in all cases, they take the risk, that's what I appreciate.

If everyone would take an example on CD Projekt that would be of course great but that will never happen, there you have to be realistic.

And Valve, nobody realy knows what Valve does. They lost their intreset in Half Life 2 for some odd reason and there are only rumors about Half Life 3 so you don't know if they taking their time to developing it or simply don't producing it at all. Having said that Valve is not that deep into game development/publishing. It's quite a long time since something new came from them.

What risk? The game is headed by Shinji Mikiami.... SHINJI FUCKING MIKAMI!! HAHA

And here I thought the survival horror franchise is dead, when was the last time a triple A horror title came out? what 4 years ago?

The only true horror games that are coming out lately are made by modders and Indie developers, speaking of which huge props to them since they're the ones who are really taking risks in the gaming industry and are actually dishing out new IPs.

Anyways looking forward to hearing more info about the game.

Archived