Too Many Animations Files 17300/16384

So I downloaded a bunch of combat overhaul mods such as Ultimate Combat, Wildcat, Combat gameplay Overhaul, ect. ect. I ran my FNIS XXL first and then ran Nemesis to override it because I've seen threads of people claiming to do it before, but when I launched the game I got an Error I have never even considered  "Too Many Animations Files 17300/16384". I knew I had animations and that the hard cap was technically 20k, but I didnt think it was even possible for most people, not to mention with that being the case, why didnt it crash? So I did some experimenting and all I could figure out was that the game still ran but random animations were just unloaded and unused, I assume because of the cap it mentioned. Does anyone know of a fix for this odd error? I cant find anything about it anywhere 

Are you using DAR? (Dynamic anim replacer) because AFAIK that mod has a hard cap of 16k animations (which was the standard for FNIS anims back in the day). Now FNIS xxl + animation loading crash fix should allow you to go to the moon with animations, but DAR still has this 16k limit, no idea about Nemesis.

• 10 months later...

Because this is the top hit when you search for the error message: DAR now comes with an INI file in the SKSE folder called DynamicAnimationRepacer.ini as of Version 1.1.1. Edit that to increase your animation limit with DAR. I have mine set to "AnimationLimit=0x6000" and I can load the game, I have not gotten far enough in for real testing yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, Satyrfey said:

Hey, just got back to skyrim, since most of the mods I was using have now been updated... including DAR.. now it's at 1.1.3 my question is, can I still use this 32k dll for it? I am getting the animation limit pop-up :/

There's an ini file to set a different cap since 1.1.1. Use that. You can't use a different dll because it probably won't be compatible with the SKSE version DAR 1.1.3 was made for.

39 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

There's an ini file to set a different cap since 1.1.1. Use that. You can't use a different dll because it probably won't be compatible with the SKSE version DAR 1.1.3 was made for.

Ok, thanks. The way the ini does value is "0x4000" do you know what I should set it for to get the 32k?

9 hours ago, Satyrfey said:

Ok, thanks. The way the ini does value is "0x4000" do you know what I should set it for to get the 32k?

That's hexadecimal, 4000=16384. You can replace the 4 in that 4000 with an 8 and get 32k (16384*2). Or find an online hexadecimal converter and replace that 4000 with whatever cap you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also having CTD on killmoves and narrowed it down to DAR. Switching to the latest OAR version on patreon fixed it. This is on Skyrim 1.6.640.

On 3/6/2023 at 6:00 PM, dragon720 said:

i use skyrim 1.5.97 and with this DAR 32k animations is working but i have new issue with killmoves (CTD). i notice killmove with Bristleback and some randoms killmoves.

any fix for this?

A typical crash log would look like this: 

crash-2023-03-08-17-18-00.log

5 hours ago, Aurkile said:

I was also having CTD on killmoves and narrowed it down to DAR. Switching to the latest OAR version on patreon fixed it. This is on Skyrim 1.6.640.

A typical crash log would look like this: 

crash-2023-03-08-17-18-00.log 88.26 kB · 2 downloads

can give me the link or the mod for test?

what is OAR?....new mod?

working for skyrim SE 1.5.97?

Edited by dragon720
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...