Sexlab causing CTD during new game start...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I'm starting a new game and have run through the entire Helgen section prior to turning on any of the mods in MCM.  Sexlab is now causing a CTD during its initial install.  It runs through the first few sections, character voices, expressions, etc. seemingly without issue, but then crashes the game and I don't know why or how to fix it.  I've run LOOT and looked there for errors / updated the load order, checked FNIS, and done as much troubleshooting as I know how to do on my own.  I've got the most recent version of SL, and everything was running fine the last time I played this.  If someone could point me in the  right direction for getting things working again I'd be very grateful.

Edit - After attempting to fix things I managed to do even more damage.  I'm just gonna reinstall and rebuild.  At least there's a guide for that   lol