Is the TXT the Load order? If so, use this to optimize  The Load Order Optimisation Tool

Open your Skyrim/data/SKSE and create a TXT appointed SKSE.ini , copy this strings :

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
EnableDiagnostics=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Debug]
WriteMiniDumps=1

Spoiler

*ELFX - Exteriors.esp

*EnhancedLightsandFX.

*DarkerNights.esp

*ELFXEnhancer.esp

It would seem a light / shadow problem

Does the problem occur only with Lydia, or does it extend to other NPC's? In this case try reinstalling XPMS (S) E

Looking at the two screens, it looks like a general graphics problem . The second screen is much sharper than the first .

Use ENB? Maybe it needs to be reconfigured

2 hours ago, paradoxUnseen said:

First post..so hi to all

And hello to you as well! (Now we've bypassed the "Say Hi!" thread.)

2 hours ago, paradoxUnseen said:

What could be the cause of that?

I know that you are focused on Lydia's face but it also appears to effect her hair and armor. It does not appear to impact the surrounding countryside which looks the same (to me at least) in both screenshots. That would make me agree with @Lestat1627

I've seen the same, but generally not on followers, on my player. (although I do remember Elwin suffering from that intermittently at one time and vaguely remember Sofia the same at one time way way back when I was a newb and didn't have the first clue about how anything really worked) The missing eyebrows and subtle ...idk.... oddness of the face are what I notice most (including the dead eyes of the one with missing eyebrows), since (ime) the change in scene brightness (and possibly even scene sharpness) can be explained at least to some degree by time of day and/or even a small change in camera angle

Sadly, I don't have a singular magic answer. Since it's acting on your followers (and not you?) It could be solved by what Lestat offered, or it might be conflicting expression directives from different mods you have installed, as was my case. (was experiencing conflicts between SL, DAR Random Expressions-most recently,  and ?ABBA? ?Blush when aroused? or one of the other SL related mods that have the option for dynamically controlling facial expression). If Lestats solution doesn't solve it, and if you have more than one mod installed that offers dynamic facial expression control, (regardless of my reference to SL related stuff) I'd recommend disabling their facial expression checkboxes in all but one of the associated MCMs

3 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

Does the problem occur only with Lydia, or does it extend to other NPC's?

Yup, it extends to other NPC's (Followers only) as well.

3 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

Looking at the two screens, it looks like a general graphics problem . The second screen is much sharper than the first .

Use ENB? Maybe it needs to be reconfigured

Yeah, you maybe right, I'm fiddling with it right now. Apart from that is the ENB not the problem, it occured before I installed the ENB.

Will try the SKSE ini settings, report later.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

you are focused on Lydia's face but it also appears to effect her hair and armor

Yes, it does. The fox knows why...

50 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

I've seen the same, but generally not on followers, on my player

Nah, it never happens to the PC, only Followers. I know it`s nonsense, but it happened first after switching from IAFT to NFF. Dumped my saves, started a new game, but it sticks.

Anyway...it's just a minor problem, I can live with it. Apart from that, Game is rocksolid.

Thanks for your time and input, you guys rock!

Sorry for my weird english, not a native speaker.

Cheers

3 hours ago, paradoxUnseen said:

Nah, it never happens to the PC, only Followers. I know it`s nonsense, but it happened first after switching from IAFT to NFF. Dumped my saves, started a new game, but it sticks.

Anyway...it's just a minor problem, I can live with it. Apart from that, Game is rocksolid.

Thanks for your time and input, you guys rock!

Sorry for my weird english, not a native speaker.

My point wasn't that bit. it was everything after the first paragraph of my blather and most specifically, the last sentence. 

4 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

it might be conflicting expression directives from different mods you have installed, as was my case. (was experiencing conflicts between SL, DAR Random Expressions-most recently,  and ?ABBA? ?Blush when aroused? or one of the other SL related mods that have the option for dynamically controlling facial expression). If Lestats solution doesn't solve it, and if you have more than one mod installed that offers dynamic facial expression control, (regardless of my reference to SL related stuff) I'd recommend disabling their facial expression checkboxes in all but one of the associated MCMs

23 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

If Lestats solution doesn't solve it, and if you have more than one mod installed that offers dynamic facial expression control, (regardless of my reference to SL related stuff) I'd recommend disabling their facial expression checkboxes in all but one of the associated MCMs

That did the trick...seems that there was a conflict between sexlab and pee&fart, regarding facial expressions. Switched it off in p&f and up till now it didn't occur again.

Many thanks again.

Cheers

You're welcome friend. 

PS> if you'd be so kind, edit your initial post and add "[solved]" to the subject title to

a) help helpful people from needlessly opening a solved issue and having to find the final post that says "That did the trick..." 

b) to help those with the same problem to know there's a solution.