[mod] Character Body Overhaul

23 hours ago, YarskiPl666 said:

All characters are naked, and there is no exeption, Flavour pack mod is also incompatible.

So we have to wait? or is it possilbe to get the animation to work somehow?

Sorry, have to wait. I'm working my way through updating all the clothing items to give them blendshapes compatible with my meshes. I'm almost done with the bodies, the faces shouldn't take quite so long. After that I'll check to see if there are any other issues.

12 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

updated using the file, and it seems like *generally* all functions of the mod haven't been hurt by the update. But I'm still not able to edit futanari penis size. I'm really not sure what's causing this, and i've tried isolating the issue and it seems like its some incompatability between simple shafts for her/simple shafts for carnalitas and this mod

simple shafts for carnalitas has penis size modifiers associated with it (both for genetics and for the carnalitas traits (which i haven't used with this mod so as to prevent even more problems)), so that *could* be the cause, but I don't think simple shafts for her will work without it, so not sure what a resolution here would be. Since this mod goes under it in the load order, this mod's changes to the penis genetic system should override it too, so no idea why its not working. 

If i try to put this mod ahead of either simple shafts submod, it puts the fig leafs back in

Its probably still a gene file issue. I'll fix it in the next update. I'll also add code for female erections/ball size. Until someone actually does the work to make the relevant blendshapes it won't do anything, but it should be there if someone does. 

This seems to have turned everyone into hulking monsters on my playthrough, im currently sifting through my mods to see if anything is working incorrectly(or correctly but not needed anymore.) other than that i really like what you done here, adds a lot more diversity to the bodies

Edit: seems like prowess was the issue due to the vampire and demon mods i had installed

11 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Its probably still a gene file issue. I'll fix it in the next update. I'll also add code for female erections/ball size. Until someone actually does the work to make the relevant blendshapes it won't do anything, but it should be there if someone does. 

sounds good, thanks for that

in terms of female erection/ball size, i know that (at present) futas don't have balls due to model limitations, but could you use the male erection blendshape in the same way for the futas? or are balls in-built on the erection blendshape?

3 minutes ago, bobgasyon said:

sounds good, thanks for that

in terms of female erection/ball size, i know that (at present) futas don't have balls due to model limitations, but could you use the male erection blendshape in the same way for the futas? or are balls in-built on the erection blendshape?

No balls aren't built into the erection at all (they are separate of both the erection and the penis size shapes, they are just on the same gene) but unfortunately nothing is compatible between the male and female characters. In order for a gene shape to work together they need to have the exact same number of vertices. Which sucks because I would really like to add some degree of transgender inclusiveness personally. I just meant that I'll add the genes in case someone else does it eventually. I had no idea that the simple shafts penis size gene effected females at all tbh.

The female penis in simple shafts isn't actually a attached to the body model, It's an article of clothing. I don't use simple shafts for her so this isn't something I would notice, but lmk if after the update it seems to not be attached to the model correctly. There may be an issue due to the rig. I'm swamped at the moment, but I'm kinda curious and may get around to it eventually.

It looks like having a character assigned to the "lower_right_portrait" slot and not assigning one of this mod's animations to that character will cause them to float to the top the event window.

Here's an example from one of the game's vanilla events:

FloatingCharacter.JPG.bba3b2f3f8b81dea0765611e17ed0045.JPG

Perhaps they needed to return to their home planet.

2 hours ago, joleo9 said:

Does anyone know of any mods that use the animations,or have I just not encountered them for some reason?

Not that I know of, I'm working with Carnalitas to integrate animations more. Personally I'm hoping we'll get some more variety of animations before it gets integrated into regular gameplay. At this point I'm kind of tired of seeing that one animation. In future I'll make them shorter so that I can make more. I'm not exactly an expert animator, but it took me a few hours to make these.

2 hours ago, reclusev said:

It looks like having a character assigned to the "lower_right_portrait" slot and not assigning one of this mod's animations to that character will cause them to float to the top the event window.

Here's an example from one of the game's vanilla events:

FloatingCharacter.JPG.bba3b2f3f8b81dea0765611e17ed0045.JPG

Perhaps they needed to return to their home planet.

Yeah, I had thought I had coded it so that those windows were active only for events that had right portrait and lower right portrait but not left portrait. But apparently I did not. I'm working on a fix for this using variables to determine whether the windows should be visible. That should up the make number of characters we can have in a sex animation to 5 (which is how many people can be coded into an event without more extensive gui modification).

Anyone know how to install this? The MultiCharacterEventWindows file comes with a .mod file, but the male_zip and female_zip dont. Do we place the contents of the male and female ones into the GFX folder of the MCEW?

EDIT: I suspect this to be the case, possibly for size issues on the file sharing website. But then if thats the case, how are the folders organised in MCEW?

Is it:

gfx > portraits > models > portraits > [male and female folders]

or

gfx > portraits > [male and female folders]

After clarification, please add this to the description so it isn't confusing for noobs such as myself.

14 hours ago, YarskiPl666 said:

Can the mod be added mid game? (to already exiting save game) or is new game needed?

This mod just over writes the graphics files so it can be added mid game. The only thing is that your characters won't have all the genes so new ones will be generated.

2 hours ago, Zukzukarr said:

When do you plan to release a carnalitas integration mod? Or, do you plan to make one anyway?

I'm making a content based mod currently, got sidetracked by 1.3. But integration with Carnalitas is mostly about people coding their events to use their animations. There are a lot of people who work on carnalitas and I suspect that most won't want to use animations until we get some more. I'm still hopeful on that front that people will step in. 

4 hours ago, Regey said:

Anyone know how to install this? The MultiCharacterEventWindows file comes with a .mod file, but the male_zip and female_zip dont. Do we place the contents of the male and female ones into the GFX folder of the MCEW?

EDIT: I suspect this to be the case, possibly for size issues on the file sharing website. But then if thats the case, how are the folders organised in MCEW?

Is it:

gfx > portraits > models > portraits > [male and female folders]

or

gfx > portraits > [male and female folders]

After clarification, please add this to the description so it isn't confusing for noobs such as myself.

So I was about to respond saying that I put that info in the "whats new" but now I realize that went away when I updated it. So thanks for letting me know. However, I also say you said "MultiCharacterEventWindows" and not "Char_body_Overhaul: and yup I totally uploaded the wrong file. Multicharacter event windows lacks the gene files, and animation coding. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

I'm making a content based mod currently, got sidetracked by 1.3. But integration with Carnalitas is mostly about people coding their events to use their animations. There are a lot of people who work on carnalitas and I suspect that most won't want to use animations until we get some more. I'm still hopeful on that front that people will step in. 

I really don't understand modding stuff. How can I make the main make love interaction of carnalitas use this animation?

If it's not much to ask, could you write the required code here. Guess I may figure out the rest, not sure. Like I said, I don't know anything about coding (spacing... etc)

2 hours ago, Zukzukarr said:

I really don't understand modding stuff. How can I make the main make love interaction of carnalitas use this animation?

If it's not much to ask, could you write the required code here. Guess I may figure out the rest, not sure. Like I said, I don't know anything about coding (spacing... etc)

I've updated the mod details to include the exact code. 

FYI modding isn't as intimidating as it first appears. I've only been at it for a couple months. In terms of the spacing (ignoring GUI coding which is its own thing) its mostly that individual expressions can't have spaces hence why homosexual sex became hom_sex you put one space between each expression, and before and after brackets. Its the brackets that mostly open and close everything, the vast majority of the spacing is just there to make it more readable. Like I always add an extra indent every time I open a new bracket so I can remember that I need to close it.

49 minutes ago, Zukzukarr said:

Actually I want to learn how to code and create mods. But all I can say is... Medical school is a draining experience. Maybe one day :)

Thanks for the help btw.

EDIT: Well, animation works, yet they're not naked for some reason.

Haha, Law School. I am definitely not using this to procrastinate.

That's a problem with the outfit tags. Did you download the most recent update this morning? I added the new outfit tags then. I also might have just been an idiot and again not included the right files.

Before 1.3 you could use "remove_default_outfit" to get characters naked but now that causes them to become bald so I just added the outfit tags. Still that should get the character to remove their tops, just not their pants, boots, hats, and, cloaks

If I select the default clothing in barbershop it kinda works. It might be related to other mods (Fullscreen barber, Community flavor pack, Clothing Tweaks)

Sorry to be an inconvenience, one last question. Is body morphs being extreme is something intended. My concubine and I look anorexic and my wife is morbid obese :D Thoght they would be related to some traits yet they were just normal prior to installing this. I've read abour some tinkering, but guess it's out of my depth.

39 minutes ago, Zukzukarr said:

If I select the default clothing in barbershop it kinda works. It might be related to other mods (Fullscreen barber, Community flavor pack, Clothing Tweaks)

Sorry to be an inconvenience, one last question. Is body morphs being extreme is something intended. My concubine and I look anorexic and my wife is morbid obese :D Thoght they would be related to some traits yet they were just normal prior to installing this. I've read abour some tinkering, but guess it's out of my depth.

The answer is it might be intentional, or it might not. When it comes to fat (and it is a little related to muscle) the shapes are more extreme both are about doubled.

In the base game muscle is determined by prowess, with 25 being the max muscles and 0 just being the base model. Because I made the muscles more extreme I made it so characters get smaller under 12 prowess. So if your prowess is lower than 12 that could contribute to looking anorexic. 

Fat is determined by current_weight. Which is more complicated but basically current weight constantly approaches your characters target weight. Target weight is determined by traits plus a "base_weight" between -35 and 35. So if your wife's base weight is 35 and yours is -35 (or there about) that could account for a bunch of the difference. Then every character gets a gene strength separate from weight that is equivalent to an extra -10 to 10. That means that before accounting for traits characters can be anywhere from -45 to 45.

Then there's another thing about how the vanilla game deals with fat that is dumb, every time you feast you get a variable that increases your weight, and every time you hunt you get a variable that decreases it. But that variable lasts forever, so every feast permanently adds (I think 7?) weight.

But anyway. I doubled it because the game says that 50 current weight is "Obese" and -50 current weight is "underweight". So I wanted people at those weights to actually look Obese and Underweight. In a mod that isn't ready yet, I'm also using BMI to calculate weight in lbs and thus far the formulas look basically right. 

But it also could be unintentional because there is actually more blendshape available than my gene files use. I wanted to have some cushion if people wanted things bigger. The result is that if my gene file is overwritten at all, things get REALLY big. Basically, look at my screenshots. Those are the max values unless you've edited it, or something has gone wrong. So if you see anything bigger than my screenshots (floating heads is also a good indicator) then its not intentional.

(Edit: if you start the game in debug mode you can also see what every characters current weight is (as a tooltip when you hover over them) this will give you an idea if something is going on or not, just don't save while in debug mode, I think the debug text becomes permanent)