[mod] Character Body Overhaul

On 3/13/2021 at 11:59 AM, frogeighthundred said:

If you get the "filepath too long" error, that means that the filepath is over 256 characters. The way to fix this is to unzip the file in your root directory, then copy the files to your mod file.

hi yes, this is the error i get. 

What does it mean to unzip a file in a root directory? i’m not familiar with this

9 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

i resolved the earlier issue using winrar rather than the inbuilt windows extractor, which seemingly worked

im now having an issue with load order. If i put it behind simple slits/shafts, it reapplies the fig leaf and also fucks with the size of the male penis, but if i put it ahead of them, then it’s fine for the women, but it yeets the man out of existence. 

whether it precedes or succeeds simple shafts for carnalitas and simple shafts for her is irrelevant. 

My working theory is carnalitas, which activates penis size variety through traits and genetics, has some issue with how this mod does penises, which causes the fig leafs to reappear and the penis to be messed with in the models. I’m not a modder and i don’t understand programming so this could be very much off-base. 

That's a gene file issue.

The gene that moves the fig leaf out of the way is on the penis gene. Simple shafts made it a default, I made it a gene (just to clean up my error log tbh).

Something lower in your load order is overwriting my penis size gene.

2 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

That's a gene file issue.

The gene that moves the fig leaf out of the way is on the penis gene. Simple shafts made it a default, I made it a gene (just to clean up my error log tbh).

Something lower in your load order is overwriting my penis size gene.

When I tested to determine the problem, my load order was

Carnalitas
Simple Slits

Simple Shafts

Simple Shafts for Carnalitas

Simple Shafts for Her

This mod

Carnalitas Mundi

nothing else was active, and I even tried deactivating Carnalitas Mundi...

If there's nothing lower in the order, Idk what could be overwriting the gene

And you are not alone !! ?

Hey Guys, Love this MOD ... the extra diversity.. NICE!!

Exact same problem here, and this mod is indeed my latest mod in the order mod. When its on it bring backs the leaf but still shows the penisses through them and that last part work perfectly fine ?... except for the leaf on both genders ?

2 mods above that modifies religion (were off with testing, and i just started fresh with the game so small mod list)

Carnalitas
Simple Slits

Simple Shafts

Simple Shafts for Carnalitas

Simple Shafts for Her

Character Body Overhaul

all fresh downloads as i started to play since 2 days ago on this new fresh clean PC ?

i also dont know for now as this is also the last forum in my order ?

4 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

When I tested to determine the problem, my load order was

Carnalitas
Simple Slits

Simple Shafts

Simple Shafts for Carnalitas

Simple Shafts for Her

This mod

Carnalitas Mundi

nothing else was active, and I even tried deactivating Carnalitas Mundi...

If there's nothing lower in the order, Idk what could be overwriting the gene

Well damn, yup I replicated it. Pushed out a quick fix but its probably not even really worth downloading a whole new file.

You just need to change the name of genes_new in the genes folder to ss_genes_penis_size. This is what I get for trying to not steal another modders file name.

2 hours ago, RossyOs said:

And you are not alone !! ?

Hey Guys, Love this MOD ... the extra diversity.. NICE!!

Exact same problem here, and this mod is indeed my latest mod in the order mod. When its on it bring backs the leaf but still shows the penisses through them and that last part work perfectly fine ?... except for the leaf on both genders ?

2 mods above that modifies religion (were off with testing, and i just started fresh with the game so small mod list)

Carnalitas
Simple Slits

Simple Shafts

Simple Shafts for Carnalitas

Simple Shafts for Her

Character Body Overhaul

all fresh downloads as i started to play since 2 days ago on this new fresh clean PC ?

i also dont know for now as this is also the last forum in my order ?

Fixed it, btw the size in the gene file that is meant to work with the game is a bit smaller than that haha but if you want the really big dicks just change the values in the gene file to this when you change the name of genes_new file to ss_genes_penis_size.

penis_size = { 
            index = 0 
            male = { 
                setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_max" value = { min = 0.0 max = 1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty }
                setting = { attribute = "bs_body_ball_size_max" value = { min = 0.0 max = 1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty } 
                setting = { attribute = "bs_body_nudity" value = { min = 1.0 max = 1.0 } }
            }

. . . 
        erection_size = { 
            index = 1 
            male = { 
                setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_erection" value = { min = 0.1 max = 1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty }
                setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_max" value = { min = -2.0 max = -2.0 } age = age_preset_puberty }
                setting = { attribute = "bs_body_ball_size_max" value = { min = 0.0 max = 1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty } 
            }

. . . 

erection_size_animation_correction = { 
            index = 2 
            male = { 
                setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_erection" value = { min = 0.1 max = 1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty }
                setting = { attribute = "body_animation_erection_correction" value = { min = -0.5 max = 1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty }
                setting = { attribute = "bs_body_penis_size_max" value = { min = -2.0 max = -2.0 } age = age_preset_puberty }
            }

I'm not sure if someone else had this problem but carnalitas dick traits make penis so ridiculous huge that during sex animation penis is not even erect and is basically just humping, i don't think i have even seen an erect penis on game.

49 minutes ago, Blai said:

I'm not sure if someone else had this problem but carnalitas dick traits make penis so ridiculous huge that during sex animation penis is not even erect and is basically just humping, i don't think i have even seen an erect penis on game.

That's the same issue as the one above. I had thought that my penis size gene would overwrite the simple shafts gene because they have the same name. But they did not, so I just reuploaded the file with that fix. It's a simple enough fix, you can do it yourself. genes_new in common/genes just has to be renamed ss_genes_penis_size. There is an erect version of a dick that big that exists in game, if that's your thing haha. 

Thanks for the earlier fix, but it seems there are still a few unresolved kinks

The mod makes penis size difference on futanari characters obselete. While penis size can still be modified in the character designer for male characters (as it could before), it no longer lets me modify female character penis size when the futanari trait is active (as I once could). I thought the penis slider was independent of the sex of the character in question but seemingly not? This also applies to the erection status (which since its a gene i can also modify in the character designer when i have made all genes active)

Also, a good number of us Simple Slits users replace the female diffuse file on it with a diffuse file from a now defunct mod which added some pubic hair to the models. It looks like this mod, for whatever reason, causes that pubic hair to go away

Somewhat relavent to this issue is that it also makes female character skin textures extremely smooth (not on the face, but rather on the body)...as far as i can see, skin textures were not like that when this mod is not active.

Finally, it appears like the new relavence of muscularity/weight/thinness messes up existing characters (which were designed before the mod was made active). This is less of a problem than the aforementioned two, at least for me personally, since I like playing with custom characters, but it is something that I just wanted to point out in case you weren't already aware. 

Thanks for the mod and your responsiveness to the bugs which I'm finding. 

27 minutes ago, bobgasyon said:

Thanks for the earlier fix, but it seems there are still a few unresolved kinks

The mod makes penis size difference on futanari characters obselete. While penis size can still be modified in the character designer for male characters (as it could before), it no longer lets me modify female character penis size when the futanari trait is active (as I once could). I thought the penis slider was independent of the sex of the character in question but seemingly not? This also applies to the erection status (which since its a gene i can also modify in the character designer when i have made all genes active)

Also, a good number of us Simple Slits users replace the female diffuse file on it with a diffuse file from a now defunct mod which added some pubic hair to the models. It looks like this mod, for whatever reason, causes that pubic hair to go away

Somewhat relavent to this issue is that it also makes female character skin textures extremely smooth (not on the face, but rather on the body)...as far as i can see, skin textures were not like that when this mod is not active.

Finally, it appears like the new relavence of muscularity/weight/thinness messes up existing characters (which were designed before the mod was made active). This is less of a problem than the aforementioned two, at least for me personally, since I like playing with custom characters, but it is something that I just wanted to point out in case you weren't already aware. 

Thanks for the mod and your responsiveness to the bugs which I'm finding. 

I don't use futanari so I don't know much about that. Just checked the files and this gene file should work. 

I didn't touch any of the diffuses or textures, I just used the diffuses from simple shafts/slits. Any perceived change is from one of two things, either its the diffuses being stretched out (though that wouldn't affect models with no genes applied). More likely its a result of turning off the Character SSAO, that's the program that creates shadows. I mentioned this earlier in this thread. Its necessary for animations to work.

ss_genes_penis_size.txt

34 minutes ago, Mange2020 said:

I don't use futanari so I don't know much about that. Just checked the files and this gene file should work. 

I didn't touch any of the diffuses or textures, I just used the diffuses from simple shafts/slits. Any perceived change is from one of two things, either its the diffuses being stretched out (though that wouldn't affect models with no genes applied). More likely its a result of turning off the Character SSAO, that's the program that creates shadows. I mentioned this earlier in this thread. Its necessary for animations to work.

ss_genes_penis_size.txt 5.88 kB · 0 downloads

i see...perhaps the futanari penis size (i’ve already renamed that file as you indicated to) has to do with load order and not an issue with this mod again

im a little bit confused as to the shadow thing: why would the removal of the shadows affect the presence of an aspect which just adds pubic hair to the simple slits mod? or am i misunderstanding your point? 

3 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

i see...perhaps the futanari penis size (i’ve already renamed that file as you indicated to) has to do with load order and not an issue with this mod again

im a little bit confused as to the shadow thing: why would the removal of the shadows affect the presence of an aspect which just adds pubic hair to the simple slits mod? or am i misunderstanding your point? 

The futanari penis size thing was because I didn't have a penis size min/max on my penis gene. Didn't know it was used for that. So I've added that into my gene file from now on. 

The shadow thing may have to do with your thing about textures being smoother than without the mod on, but it wouldn't have to do with overwriting the pubic hair mod. Unfortunately I don't know what the pubic hair mod is so I don't know what's over writing what. Either the mod you are talking about overwrites the asset file and the diffuse is named something other than female_body_diffuse. More likely the pubic hair mod just has a new version of female_body_diffuse, if thats the case you should just be able to place it lower in the load order than my mod. But thats assuming it doesn't have any other part that would break my mod. And I just don't know.

21 minutes ago, Mange2020 said:

The futanari penis size thing was because I didn't have a penis size min/max on my penis gene. Didn't know it was used for that. So I've added that into my gene file from now on. 

The shadow thing may have to do with your thing about textures being smoother than without the mod on, but it wouldn't have to do with overwriting the pubic hair mod. Unfortunately I don't know what the pubic hair mod is so I don't know what's over writing what. Either the mod you are talking about overwrites the asset file and the diffuse is named something other than female_body_diffuse. More likely the pubic hair mod just has a new version of female_body_diffuse, if thats the case you should just be able to place it lower in the load order than my mod. But thats assuming it doesn't have any other part that would break my mod. And I just don't know.

cool, so should i redownload the mod for the futanari thing? 

also, to clarify, the pubic hair mod was just a mod which copied simple slits but with a replacement diffuse which added pubic hair, as you presumed.

The mod is defunct, so the fix given to us by the author of simple slits @WaffleIron, was to simply take the female_body_diffuse file from the mod, and put it into simple slits.

would sending the file here help? i’m not in front of my computer rn but i can do it later. 

Do we have a mod compatibility list yet?
I've tried it this on my main playset and it crashed in many different load orders.
I made a new one with only the basics

Carnalitas

Simple slits

Simple shafts

Simple shafts - carnalitas

Simple shafts for her

Char body overhaul

The game works, clothed characters appear to be in the custom bodies you've made but when making love or other scene procs you get they're invisible, both male and female

6 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

cool, so should i redownload the mod for the futanari thing? 

also, to clarify, the pubic hair mod was just a mod which copied simple slits but with a replacement diffuse which added pubic hair, as you presumed.

The mod is defunct, so the fix given to us by the author of simple slits @WaffleIron, was to simply take the female_body_diffuse file from the mod, and put it into simple slits.

would sending the file here help? i’m not in front of my computer rn but i can do it later. 

You can just do the same thing with the female_body_diffuse with my mod

With the futanari thing I attached a gene file to an earlier message, or you can redownload. But I would hold off. My mod is about to break in a couple hours when this update is released (at least I think it will).

1 hour ago, marinara said:

Do we have a mod compatibility list yet?
I've tried it this on my main playset and it crashed in many different load orders.
I made a new one with only the basics

Carnalitas

Simple slits

Simple shafts

Simple shafts - carnalitas

Simple shafts for her

Char body overhaul

The game works, clothed characters appear to be in the custom bodies you've made but when making love or other scene procs you get they're invisible, both male and female

What does "they're invisible" mean?

5 hours ago, marinara said:

You know when you get a prompt with an event there are usually the characters involved in that prompt. They don't appear on it while still being clickable

Sounds like a gui issue. Any issue with models or animations would effect the characters regardless of which window they are in. What you are describing is actually expected behavior for certain* animations but not every event. I am reading what you are saying as its happened for every event, which is odd. So how many different characters/events has this been experienced on?

12 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

With the futanari thing I attached a gene file to an earlier message, or you can redownload. But I would hold off. My mod is about to break in a couple hours when this update is released (at least I think it will).

any idea if the mod is in fact broken by the update? 

3 hours ago, bobgasyon said:

any idea if the mod is in fact broken by the update? 

Broken might be a strong word, haven't checked the gui coding stuff but definitely all the new clothing isn't compatible. Basically they won't actually load on the characters correctly because they have different rigs and they don't have the right blendshapes to actually work.

8 minutes ago, Mange2020 said:

Broken might be a strong word, haven't checked the gui coding stuff but definitely all the new clothing isn't compatible. Basically they won't actually load on the characters correctly because they have different rigs and they don't have the right blendshapes to actually work.

I was about to say that mod is making everybody naked and most clothing is clipping.

On 3/16/2021 at 6:39 AM, Mange2020 said:

updated using the file, and it seems like *generally* all functions of the mod haven't been hurt by the update. But I'm still not able to edit futanari penis size. I'm really not sure what's causing this, and i've tried isolating the issue and it seems like its some incompatability between simple shafts for her/simple shafts for carnalitas and this mod

simple shafts for carnalitas has penis size modifiers associated with it (both for genetics and for the carnalitas traits (which i haven't used with this mod so as to prevent even more problems)), so that *could* be the cause, but I don't think simple shafts for her will work without it, so not sure what a resolution here would be. Since this mod goes under it in the load order, this mod's changes to the penis genetic system should override it too, so no idea why its not working. 

If i try to put this mod ahead of either simple shafts submod, it puts the fig leafs back in