How do I find the 'missing required props'?

I've got a few error notices similar to this one:

[SEX/INFO] Sex Animation 'On PH' by 'E404P' missing required props.

In my Wicked Whims log. I've gone over the lists of required CC in the posts and downloaded and redownloaded all I could find to make sure that I both had what was needed and that I didn't mess up any with a S4S batch fix. But there are still a few animations like the example above reporting missing props.

The log gives you the animation that has a problem, but not what the missing prop might be. Is there a way to use S4S to find what prop might be needed? Is there another way?

From the post/comment regarding the update that introduced this animation (#665 on the thread, found here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/108528-ε404ρ-αηιмαтισηs-∂σωηℓσα∂-υρ∂αтε∂-28/page/27/?tab=comments#comment-3133477), it appears that you require a particular CC laptop with an additional recolor (list of required CC is provided after the GIFs).

24 minutes ago, Crashdown117 said:

From the post/comment regarding the update that introduced this animation (#665 on the thread, found here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/108528-ε404ρ-αηιмαтισηs-∂σωηℓσα∂-υρ∂αтε∂-28/page/27/?tab=comments#comment-3133477), it appears that you require a particular CC laptop with an additional recolor (list of required CC is provided after the GIFs).

By all accounts, I should already have that particular piece of CC. I downloaded the archive from the link provided, etc., etc.

But that line item was really just an example. There are other animations from other authors showing the same thing. If there is no list on a web page, how can I hunt down the missing CC?

I don't know of any method other than this, unfortunately. Luckily, there usually is some kind of list or a stray link - you just have to find it.

S4S doesn't let you find out anything regarding animation locations and required CC, unless it is part of the animation or resource name (like "CumMesh" for some animations that use CherryPie's cum mesh), so it's rather useless for this kind of task. The .blend file names are often more confusing than helpful, and the string tables only contain the animation names, which is why I just stick to the WW log.

I still have quite the list of animations with missing props there (about 100 atm) and every now and then, I pick one author from that list and try to hunt down the missing stuff - but it's tedious, so I have to be really bored and done with everything else for the day.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:54 PM, Crashdown117 said:

I don't know of any method other than this, unfortunately. Luckily, there usually is some kind of list or a stray link - you just have to find it.

S4S doesn't let you find out anything regarding animation locations and required CC, unless it is part of the animation or resource name (like "CumMesh" for some animations that use CherryPie's cum mesh), so it's rather useless for this kind of task. The .blend file names are often more confusing than helpful, and the string tables only contain the animation names, which is why I just stick to the WW log.

I still have quite the list of animations with missing props there (about 100 atm) and every now and then, I pick one author from that list and try to hunt down the missing stuff - but it's tedious, so I have to be really bored and done with everything else for the day.

So how does WW identify which package contains the needed prop? Without actually digging into the innards of an animation package myself, surely there's something that tells WW it needs prop package foo for animation bar.

I actually dug into an animation package tonight for some other reason and found this in the "Snippet Tuning" component:

<T>
          <T n="prop_id">0</T>
          <T n="prop_type">BASIC</T>
          <T n="prop_guids">15011090257177745648</T>
          <T n="prop_animation_clip_name">MOTHERLODESIMS:PosePack_201912122308578583_set_5</T>
        </T>
</T>

The GUID most likely is what tells WW about the prop, and it then looks through the game's internal list of objects rather than the .package files (which also makes using vanilla objects much easier). However, since it is only a number (internally, it will be some hex code, probably), one would then need a database of sorts to find the corresponding prop.

On the bright side, you can just change the value and insert another GUID. I used the above bit to "fix" another animation also requiring a smartphone prop, because I simply couldn't find the one needed there. I might also test doing it the other way around later - that is, changing the GUID of a given CC object to match that specified by an animation (because changes to the animation pack will be lost after an update). While that'll leave me with duplicate files of sorts (one with the original GUID and another with the changed one), it's probably easier than repeatedly navigating a couple thousand lines of XML code.

For both of these methods to work, one would have to know the kind of prop needed, of course. Otherwise, Sims will end up using a dildo to take selfies or try to stick a lounge chair into some of their orifices.

2 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

These are sims we're talking about here. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried it anyway. :D

You're probably right about that. And since they're living in a world partially based upon cartoon logic and physics, it might even work out well for them ?

Anyway, I just finished my little test about editing object IDs rather than animation XMLs. It works like a charm, you just need to convert the decimal GUIDs from the XML to hex format and remember to change the ID value in both the "Object Definition" and "Object Catalog".

Still no solution to the initial issue, but at least a way to replace those elusive missing props.

(Could've saved me quite some hours of searching for stuff, if I'd had that idea a bit earlier...)

5 hours ago, Oops19 said:

If Turbo logged also the instace ID it would become an easy task without the need to open the animation xml.

Would make it a little easier, yes. However, S4S lets you use Ctrl+F in the XML window, so it's really just a few clicks and a little copy/paste-action. Plus, I got to brush up a bit on my XML while trying this, so I'm not complaining ?

It's far more frustrating and time consuming, when an animation is logged with its ID rather than its name, because you can't Ctrl+F your way through string tables (unless you copy the whole text into an actual text editor like Notepad). But I think, that's something on the anim pack's end.

• 2 years later...
On 11/27/2023 at 5:35 AM, yoyoyty said:

Hey noob here , how do i find GUIDs of props/objects?

You open the animation package that contains in Sims 4 Studio, dig through all the snippet tunings to find the one that corresponds to the animation you're interested in (IIRC, the animation name is in one of the first lines of each snippet), and finally search for the block that deals with the prop (see one of the above posts for an example bit of XML code, or  simply use CTRL+F to search for "prop" while viewing the snippet in S4S). There you'll find the GUID that will be used to load the required prop.

Now, for the whole thing to work, there needs to be an object available in-game that has an ObjectID which corresponds to this GUID - this can be a vanilla object or some custom content, doesn't matter.

However, there are two pitfalls.

First off, the GUID in the animation snippet tuning will be in decimal format (e.g. something like "12345678"), whereas ObjectIDs are in hexadecimal format (e.g. something like "BC614E"), so one always needs to convert between the two (e.g by using the built-in converter utility provided by S4S) when making any edits.

Second, an ObjectID is always defined in two places, once in an "Object Definiton" component and once in an "Object Catalog" component - and of course these two IDs need to be identical, otherwise the object won't show up in-game. Since you'll likely want to edit an existing object rather than the animation snippet (editis to animation snippets will be lost when updating the animation package), this is something you'll need to keep in mind.

On the bright side, object editing is something that is entirely covered by the S4S tutorials, so you can always refer to those for more details on changing IDs and using the built-in generator / converter utilities.