Has there been a mod made to position sim yet?

WW has an option to move sims while the animation is playing.

TOOL / Tmex allows to move sims.

I'm currently writing a mod to move/rotate the active sim. Anyhow 'remotely' via browser popup as overwriting TS4 mouse and keyboard assignments seems to be a lot of work.

My WIP is uploaded here (-v4 not tested yet, -v3 works but has some issues). [edited: Added link to 'here']

A browser popup (unless popups are blocked, then you'll see a page to open it) will appear after starting TS4.
Commands
Rotate: [asdfg hjkl]
Move xz: [◄ ► ▲ ▼ LMB+?] ... (cursor and numpad keys, mouse with left mouse button down)
Move y: [- + ?⭮] ... (mouse wheel)
Move-Delta 0.5: Numpad-Clear (5)
Move-Delta 0.1: Numpad-Insert (0)
Move-Delta 0.01: Numpad-Del (.)
Move-Delta: ×2 ×½: '*', '/' (perm)
Move-Delta: ×2 ×½ ×⅛: Alt, Shift, Ctrl

17 hours ago, SeymourM said:

I've always fantasized about being able to move/pose sims on the fly in game. It would be great for story making.

I'm pretty satisfied with TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L. mod. Is there an issue with it, that I'm not aware of? Or some way you think it would be better?

14 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

I'm pretty satisfied with TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L. mod. Is there an issue with it, that I'm not aware of? Or some way you think it would be better?

You have to Shift-click to open it, then enter the exact amount for x and z to hopefully move the sim correctly - after 5-6 times one sim is positioned properly. If you have to do this for a 2nd sim you may wonder why it's so complicated.

Turbo did improve moving a lot, but changing the delta is still a pain.

You could give my mod a try and use the mouse to move a sim. It's not working perfectly as moving sims takes time.

https://simfileshare.net/folder/126804/

2 hours ago, SeymourM said:

Literally move limbs and set facial expressions.

Limbs can not be moved. Only animations can be used to do this, unfortunately. There may be a workaround by creating sliders which rotate limbs and then modify the sliders in-game.

Expression could depend on the mood and one may be able to cheat it?

11 hours ago, SeymourM said:

OK, I see how T.O.O.L. works. 

What I meant was a posing tool where I could pose the Sims live in game. Not like Poser with predefined poses. Literally move limbs and set facial expressions.

Oh, like in Blender. That would actually be really cool.

9 hours ago, Oops19 said:

You have to Shift-click to open it, then enter the exact amount for x and z to hopefully move the sim correctly - after 5-6 times one sim is positioned properly. If you have to do this for a 2nd sim you may wonder why it's so complicated.

You could give my mod a try and use the mouse to move a sim. It's not working perfectly as moving sims takes time.

https://simfileshare.net/folder/126804/

I meant T.O.O.L. works well for me. I was not counting your mod. Your mod definitely looks easier and better. I don't play much anymore, but I will try your mod out, for sure, the next time I do. Thank you.

To install; I just drop "O19-Debug" into my "Mods" folder, correct?

On 1/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, Oops19 said:

I'm currently writing a mod to move/rotate the active sim. Anyhow 'remotely' via browser popup as overwriting TS4 mouse and keyboard assignments seems to be a lot of work.

Thanks so much. I've been playing with an outdated version that hadn't been updated since early 2020

On 1/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, Oops19 said:

I'm so happy. I've been searching for mods like this for a long time

On 1/28/2021 at 6:40 AM, Oops19 said:

It's not nearly that complicated. For morethan half a year now it's had a "gravity pull" function where, if you have a sim or object selected, you can alt-click on a spot and it pulls the sim/object towards it, how much you move the active object depends how far away you alt-click. By alt-click very close to the active object you can make fine adjustments quick and easy. 

6 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

It's not nearly that complicated. For morethan half a year now it's had a "gravity pull" function where, if you have a sim or object selected, you can alt-click on a spot and it pulls the sim/object towards it, how much you move the active object depends how far away you alt-click. By alt-click very close to the active object you can make fine adjustments quick and easy. 

Many thanks for this info, never heard of it before. It should be promoted better as it sounds to be an easy option.