Modding UI/HUD elements

Hey guys.

Does anyone of you know more about modding the UI / HUD?

My problem is that there are different texture elements that use the same hash.

By looking at the old "MoreEnglish" mod, which edits the homescreen elements into english, I was able to figure out that they use Index values as well to separate, which can be found in the log, which comes with the frame analysis.

I was able to achieve this:

Spoiler

test02b.thumb.jpg.37cb50650278cafe23b605fa8615defd.jpg

(I edited the boats in the peer for a test)

BUT they are flickering! They appear and disappear. Also the left Momiji is wrong. It should have replaced the clothes Momiji. Instead it replace Misaki.

If anyone can solve this to be working 100% of the time, please tell me.

You can try yourself to make it work:

(Purely EXPERIMENTAL!)

knight77_UI-Mod_MissionChibis.rar

and the base files including the log data for the original files so you may find out what I am missing:

UI_Momiji_base files.rar

Cheers

Knight77

The Win / Loose Chibis seem to work much better.

But so far I was only able to edit a few girls. For winning its just Kasumi for now. For loosing its: Kasumi, Honoka, Marie, Ayane and Nagisa as seen below:

Spoiler

543199847_Lost_102-ps-t0874f21e1.thumb.jpg.e219266681530ba4e094a5bc2dbad2e7.jpg

nDISABLED knight77_UI-Mod_Win_Lost.rar

I will updates more and more girls over time. Its just a test so far. (also redrawing/editing all 21 girls takes a lot of time, especially since there are 4 poses for each girl - 3 used in the game: win/loose/select)

Interested in winning poses.

Is the loading screen Honoka also in the scope of this mod?

Would be interesting to see what is possible there.

In any case, thank you for your efforts ❤️

Additional Note: Are these DM specific? They don't seem to work on the Steam Version.

1 hour ago, newgame22 said:

Interested in winning poses.

Is the loading screen Honoka also in the scope of this mod?

Would be interesting to see what is possible there.

In any case, thank you for your efforts ❤️

Additional Note: Are these DM specific? They don't seem to work on the Steam Version.

Yes they are DMM specific because the winning and loosing chibis are one single texture with all girls. This means with every new girl this needs to be updated!
So the difference in girls will make it impossible to run on dmm and steam with the same mod

BUT. If I am finished with redrawing/editing all girls, someone could just cut out the ones not in steam yet and should be fine

I was asking ausgeek for help. I just havent tried out yet what he told me.

Also did you allready try my latest edit of it, where I use 3 different index values for the same hash?

With 3 it seems to be covering all flickering (for the win/loose image), at least on my system.

ausgeek told me it might be possible to do this as I imagine it, but it might be quite the performance killer.

WARNING!

Everyone using these UI mods of mine might be encountering insane performance losses.

Especially if you have them active while using the Decobromide Gacha!

While playing it seems to work ok, without much of a difference. At least for me.
But I just opened the decobromide Gacha and it made my whole system so slow and unresponsive