[SOLVED] Mod Organizer 2 and Bodyslide - Loading edited outfits issues

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this, I couldn't find a specific skyrim modding issues forum.

I'm having a problem loading outfits I've edited and saved in Bodyslide via MO2.

To run you through the process in as much detail as I can...

Setup:

I'm using MO2 for modding Skyrim SE as it seems to be the most recommended tool so far, I've had all kinds of issues with Vortex and I read NMM was outdated.

I'm running Bodyslide through MO2, it's located in the "Z:\MO2\mods\BodySlide and Outfit Studio" folder.

Bodyslide has it's "Game Data Path" set to: "X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\" where I have a "textures" folder with a CBBE skin in it.

Under "Advanced" I've set "Output Path" to: "Z:\MO2\overwrite\" as this was suggested in a YouTube tutorial I followed.

Process:

I've created my custom body preset in Bodyslide, tested it on a few outfits I've installed via MO2 and realized the cleavage was distorting the outfits too much in the chest area.

I downloaded the unibody references https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32264

Then I followed this tutorial on how to fix distortions using Bodyslide and the Unibody references https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/1650

In the opening image of the tutorial it says for MO2 users you have to re-start bodyslide for the changes to be registered as MO2 loads from a virtual folder and won't register the changes till you do.

The problem:

I've restarted Bodyslide, Outfit Studio and MO2 but the outfit I've edited isn't showing up. Instead I get a preview of my first failed attempt which doesn't fit the body mesh properly. This means I'm unable to "Build" the outfit with my custom body sliders.

Things I've tried:

I've opened the edited outfit in a separate installation of Bodyslide and it previews fine.

I've tried reverting the outfit in the mod it's from with a fresh one from the .7z to see if that would preview ok but I still get my first failed attempt.

I'm at a loss... I think it's something to do with where MO2 is loading data from as mentioned in the image from the linked tutorial but I don't know enough about how MO2 works to find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.