Help with Wrist gap and BHUNP when displaying a character naked the 1st time

I have a problem whereby the PC and any NPC that start out being naked when a cell loads, all have these massive gaps between the body's arms and the wrist. The funny thing is that the gap does not occur if the character starts out clothed and then strips naked, or if a body armor or clothing is equipped and then un-equipped: then the body looks fine, with only a very small seam.  

I probably have a needlessly complicated set of mods affecting this (as I have several bodies installed including BHUNP, TBD and CBBE 3BBB), but as far as I can tell, they are loaded in the right order. Vortex shows that the femalebody and femalehands nif files come from the same mod. That mod came with a prebuilt UUNP body, which displays properly with no wrist gaps but it's not using the Bodyslide preset I want, nor does it have proper vagina collisions, so I tried replacing the .nif files with the the BHUNP body, hands and feet files generated by Bodyslide. This works pretty well, aside from the behavior I just described.

Also, I am using a custom body for the PC, using Charmers of the Reach and BHUNP, including custom 16k textures. This again works fine, except when loading a save where the PC is already naked. If I then equip and un-equip a body armor, the wrist gap disappears.

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.5f6d096e041bfbe67ec7e5bd51437b2d.png