On 7/23/2021 at 11:57 PM, Papersword said:

Hey, just as a heads up, Apropos2 DB Update has changed the synonyms file in the recent version to include a new one. The NONCON Edit overwrites this. Is it as simple as merging the text files or do you need to use the Apropos Editor?

The NONCON edit adds a few synonyms, so it needs to overwrite the Apropos2DB Update's synonyms.txt or there will be missing adjectives in game when those added synonyms are used. Looking at the most recent version of Apropos2 DB Udate (0.6.19) it doesn't look like any unique synonyms were added (it actually appears to have less lines, so maybe some descriptions pruned down?) so the synonyms.txt included here should work still. 

Nvm, I see it. {DUMB} was added.

To answer your question merging would work, assuming that merge means adding the new synonyms to synonyms.txt without duplicating the contents. It's worth noting that having too much content in the synonyms.txt seems to be correlated with missing synonyms in-game. Simply copy-pasting the new synonyms into the synonyms.txt used by NONCON edit should work. Adding a 1.0.5 "update" where I did just that.

Edited by NatibusAmator
I was being very {DUMB}
17 hours ago, bubba999 said:

The latest version available to download is 1.04 not 1.05.

Also get a "The content of <data> does not look valid" when trying to install in Mod Organizer 2.

Sorry about that, must have accidentally reuploaded 1.0.4., 1.0.5 is there now.

I use Vortex to install and it seems to work. I'm unfamiliar with other mod organizers, and am not sure how to install using MO2. There may be something I can do to make it play well but I'm unaware of it as of now. Manual installations should work, it will just make uninstalling very inconvenient in that you'll have to manually delete the folder then reinstall Apropos/Apropos DB update afterwards.

Edited by NatibusAmator
8 minutes ago, NatibusAmator said:

Sorry about that, must have accidentally reuploaded 1.0.4., 1.0.5 is there now.

I use Vortex to install and it seems to work. I'm unfamiliar with other mod organizers, and am not sure how to install using MO2. There may be something I can do to make it play well but I'm unaware of it as of now. Manual installations should work, it will just make uninstalling very inconvenient in that you'll have to manually delete the folder then reinstall Apropos/Apropos DB update afterwards.

Thanks for the upload. I just combined it with the database update, rezipped it and installed it in MO that way.

• NatibusAmator changed the title to Apropos2 Rape Descriptions NONCON edit
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/12/2021 at 5:13 PM, Papersword said:

I noticed there was a parsing error in the Sabrecat Vaginal Rape jsons. Under FemaleActor_Cat. I fixed them up. FemaleActor_Cat.rar

Thanks, included that in the most recent update.

On 9/21/2021 at 6:57 PM, BasicallyBasic said:

Is the new update still based on 0.6.14 of the DB Update mod? Or should we be using the latest 0.6.19 version?

I just use the latest version and pop this on top of it. If there are new synonyms you can just manually add the new ones to the synonyms.txt file until I update it to make them compatible. So long as there aren't any new synonyms added to the DB Update mod they should be compatible. Just remember that any rape descriptions added will be overwritten by this mod (consensual and rape descriptions are seperate text files), so you'll only be getting the new consensual descriptions Eadoo adds past the version this mod started from. 

Edited by NatibusAmator
On 11/6/2021 at 4:46 PM, NatibusAmator said:
On 9/22/2021 at 12:57 AM, BasicallyBasic said:

Is the new update still based on 0.6.14 of the DB Update mod? Or should we be using the latest 0.6.19 version?

I just use the latest version and pop this on top of it. If there are new synonyms you can just manually add the new ones to the synonyms.txt file until I update it to make them compatible. So long as there aren't any new synonyms added to the DB Update mod they should be compatible. Just remember that any rape descriptions added will be overwritten by this mod (consensual and rape descriptions are seperate text files), so you'll only be getting the new consensual descriptions Eadoo adds past the version this mod started from. 

Ah, I see! Thank you for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the mod and all the effort u put behind it, I was considering uninstalling apropos thanks to the whole mindbreak bullshit. (no offense to ppl who like that, I don't.) 

If it's not much trouble can u explain how the Synonyms.txt works and if I can modify it without breaking shit? Like removing words that I find irksome,  replacing them with words I like better instead?

E.g.:

"{BUG}": 
        "arthropod",
        "beast",
        "bug",
        "creature",
        "horror",
        "insect",
        "monster"

"{BUGCOCK}": [
        "appendage",
        "bug-cock",
        "organ",
        "ovipositor",
        "prick",
        "proboscis",
        "shaft",
        "tube"

Can I remove and/or replace the striked words without anything getting weird ingame?

On 11/21/2021 at 3:40 PM, yagonew said:

Thanks for the mod and all the effort u put behind it, I was considering uninstalling apropos thanks to the whole mindbreak bullshit. (no offense to ppl who like that, I don't.) 

If it's not much trouble can u explain how the Synonyms.txt works and if I can modify it without breaking shit? Like removing words that I find irksome,  replacing them with words I like better instead?

E.g.:

Hide contents

"{BUG}": 
        "arthropod",
        "beast",
        "bug",
        "creature",
        "horror",
        "insect",
        "monster"

"{BUGCOCK}": [
        "appendage",
        "bug-cock",
        "organ",
        "ovipositor",
        "prick",
        "proboscis",
        "shaft",
        "tube"

Can I remove and/or replace the striked words without anything getting weird ingame?

Yep, that's all there is to it, just have to make sure the syntax (the way it's typed: comma between each entry, no comma in the last line of entry, encapsulated with [], stuff like that) is correct. Basically just copy the format you see in the file. You can add new lines and even new synonyms (though nothing will reference them unless you change the descriptions to do so) the same way. You can check if yours is correct using JSON Online Validator and Formatter - JSON Lint 

Also I broke my Skyrim messing around too much with mods and haven't been playing thus the lack of an update ?. Might start going through the most common Actor descriptions line by line and changing things in a very specified way to be less... scuffed. To be honest using my own descriptions, most of them in game are... shit. Typos common, grammatical errors, and low quality synonym placement due to mass changes not working well. It's very immersion breaking, but it still manages to atleast keep the theme correct. Usually.

Not terribly invested in this for its own sake but I would like to atleast leave this mod of a mod in a state that I'm not ashamed of. 

Thanks for the response,

18 hours ago, NatibusAmator said:

Also I broke my Skyrim messing around too much with mods

Sounds like me before Mod Organizer xD.

18 hours ago, NatibusAmator said:

Not terribly invested in this for its own sake but I would like to atleast leave this mod of a mod in a state that I'm not ashamed of. 

Thats sad to hear but I get it, thanks again for putting the effort, hopefully someone continues your work xD maybe get @Nymra on it, seems like something she would be interested in. xD

14 minutes ago, yagonew said:

Thanks for the response,

Sounds like me before Mod Organizer xD.

Thats sad to hear but I get it, thanks again for putting the effort, hopefully someone continues your work xD maybe get @Nymra on it, seems like something she would be interested in. xD

hehe, indeed my kind of kink in general, but sadly I do not invest into text based content, I prefer voiced stuff :(

• NatibusAmator changed the title to Apropos2 Rape Descriptions NONCON edit 1.0.8
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 9:17 PM, drunken toad said:

Love your edits, thank you. Is the new version 1.0.8 based off DB Update 0.6.20 or 0.6.19?

I'm glad you like them. This mod branched off 0.6.14, with some synonym tweaks for compatibility with the consensual half of the db along the way. You should be able to use it on top the latest version so long as there are no new synonyms in Eadoo's db. This mod overwrites the rape descriptions only, so if Eadoo added more rape descriptions to the db past 0.6.14 they won't be present after installing this mod. However, any new consensual descriptions in Eadoo's DB will still appear.

On 2/3/2022 at 7:06 PM, NatibusAmator said:

I'm glad you like them. This mod branched off 0.6.14, with some synonym tweaks for compatibility with the consensual half of the db along the way. You should be able to use it on top the latest version so long as there are no new synonyms in Eadoo's db. This mod overwrites the rape descriptions only, so if Eadoo added more rape descriptions to the db past 0.6.14 they won't be present after installing this mod. However, any new consensual descriptions in Eadoo's DB will still appear.

Thank you for clarifying.

59 minutes ago, drunken toad said:

Just ignore MO warning. The files are set up correctly, MO isn't used to mods that are packaged like this. When you activate this mod in the left pane you will see it overwrite verifying that it is working.

ok thanks. I had noticed others had mentioned the problem as well

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...