[Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

My game crashes upon selecting city appearance or ship appearance in the species creation menu. I've tried disabling all mods except for this one and the issue persists. My game doesn't crash as long as this mod is disabled. Does this mod require specific DLC or a certain game version? I'm playing on version 2.7.2 and I have Apocalypse, Horizon Signal, Leviathans Story Pack, Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, and Humanoid Species Pack.

8 hours ago, Nommerz1 said:

My game crashes upon selecting city appearance or ship appearance in the species creation menu. I've tried disabling all mods except for this one and the issue persists. My game doesn't crash as long as this mod is disabled. Does this mod require specific DLC or a certain game version? I'm playing on version 2.7.2 and I have Apocalypse, Horizon Signal, Leviathans Story Pack, Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, and Humanoid Species Pack.

First troubleshooting step is to delete the mod files, re-download them and do a fresh install. Something could have been corrupted during the first download (this happens surprisingly often). If it crashes again then I agree its the mod. I'll have a look into this for the next update, though I'm reasonably sure that you shouldn't be affect by not having all the dlc but it's possible I made a slip up in an earlier test version. It also shouldn't be affected by game versions as (from what I can tell) nothing about portrait related file structure is changed but added to like I'm doing.
I'm aiming to have the new update out next week, so hopefully you wont have long to wait.

I'm going to address that in the next update. I was experimenting in earlier builds trying to fix another bug and (after looking at it recently) I didn't tidy up my work. I thought having portraits available for someone without the dlc might cause issues, like what happened to Nommerz1but if it's not causing you crashes I'll have to rethink that. I'll try add an experimental version with the new update that *should* unlock all portraits regardless of dlc, but yeah. What you got was unintended and thanks for letting me know about it!

Hello, after I used your mod, all the empire lists in the newly created game have disappeared, and there are only a few ethnic portraits in your mod in the created empire.
After using the compatibility patch, the default few of the Empire interface still disappeared, but you can see the portrait of the game in the new build.
(English is not my native language, I used translation software, please forgive me)

2 hours ago, miooli said:

Hello, after I used your mod, all the empire lists in the newly created game have disappeared, and there are only a few ethnic portraits in your mod in the created empire.
After using the compatibility patch, the default few of the Empire interface still disappeared, but you can see the portrait of the game in the new build.
(English is not my native language, I used translation software, please forgive me)

I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure what you mean. can you take a few screen shots?

Ah, I see. By default, my mod deletes the pre-generated counties since they would use vanilla portraits. You own custom countries and pre-generated countries from other mods aren't affected. When you said the country interface was not visible, I thought something had gone very wrong. The More Vanilla patch only adds the vanilla portraits back into the game. You can add those countries back in by deleting the "prescripted_countries" folder in the mod. I'll make a note of this in case anyone else wants them back too.

穆金纳托在2028/8在PM8点10分说:

啊,我明白了。有时情况下,我的mod会删除预生成的县,因为它们将使用香草肖像。您拥有自定义国家/地区,其他mod的预生成国家/地区也不会受到影响。当您说国家界面不可见时,我认为出了点问题。“更多香草”补丁仅将香草肖像添加回游戏中您可以通过删除MOD中的“prescripted_countries”文件夹来重新添加这些国家。如果其他人也希望他们也回来,我会记下此事。

Thank you, the problem is solved. But do you know how to slide the portrait?
The race and flag pictures are more than just those. But I cannot scroll the screen to select more content.

5.png

6.png

穆金纳托在2028/8在PM8点10分说:

啊,我明白了。有时情况下,我的mod会删除预生成的县,因为它们将使用香草肖像。您拥有自定义国家/地区,其他mod的预生成国家/地区也不会受到影响。当您说国家界面不可见时,我认为出了点问题。“更多香草”补丁仅将香草肖像添加回游戏中您可以通过删除MOD中的“prescripted_countries”文件夹来重新添加这些国家。如果其他人也希望他们也回来,我会记下此事。

The race and flag pictures are more than just those. But I cannot scroll the screen to select more content.

4 hours ago, miooli said:

There's a mod on steam workshop called UI Overhaul Dynamic that might help. You are clearly using other mods, so the 3 missing machine portraits are most likely the result of a mod conflict. If you know which of your other mods adds machine portraits then it should be a simple fix.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, pisadasf said:

Just wondering when or if your going to make it so I can have the original species of Stellaris and your ones you have made

You can actually re-enable them. In VF/common/species_classes you can open the files in notepad or something similar and remove the '#' in front of the portrait names. There's also the More Vanilla Patch inside VF/Patch Folder that would do the same but I don't think it's up to date. 
Next update will be very soon, so I'll be updating the patches too if you don't like messing with code.

13 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

You can actually re-enable them. In VF/common/species_classes you can open the files in notepad or something similar and remove the '#' in front of the portrait names. There's also the More Vanilla Patch inside VF/Patch Folder that would do the same but I don't think it's up to date. 
Next update will be very soon, so I'll be updating the patches too if you don't like messing with code.

yeah just realized but im having a problem where there are to many species for the game to show at once and there is no scroll bar

9 hours ago, 4thsecret said:

Hey, so I edited together a rather sizable set of Centaur images as a replacer. Would the maker of this mod like the image files so they could implement in in their mod?

Certainly, it was on my todo list and I'm always happy to accept other peoples help/work.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Anotu said:

Just a heads up, looks like the Galactic Paragons DLC broke whatever this mod was using to keep all the default portraits out.

There's already a new dlc? God dammit, I've been here sifting through literally 100k+ robot images for my next update. Thanks for the notice, I'll look at it now and see what needs fixing. How do they show up so far? From events or as random spawns at game start or what? So I have an idea where to look.

3 minutes ago, Mugginnato said:

There's already a new dlc? God dammit, I've been here sifting through literally 100k+ robot images for my next update. Thanks for the notice, I'll look at it now and see what needs fixing. How do they show up so far? From events or as random spawns at game start or what? So I have an idea where to look.

They straight up show in the empire creation screen alongside all of the custom ones.

13 minutes ago, Mugginnato said:

They surprised everyone not too long ago with the DLC announcement.  It was something like a 2 week notice.

I haven't had a chance to play yet, but I think that the patch notes said that they added some new portraits.   I was under the impression that it was just portraits for the new "paragon" leaders, but I suppose that there is more to it than that.

I tried booting over lunch and my mod list is crashing on startup, but I haven't had time to track down what my specific issue is.  Going to start making a fresh mod list soon and start from square 1.