S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series

O men I just love the Stalker Series.

I remember after playing stalker call of pripyat for the first time atmosphere in this game was just magic.

Rainy night in zona few guys around the camp one playing song on guitar....Never gonna forget that.

I never liked fps games...but stalker is the only one that i absolutely loved....dat atmosphere.

I still remember shitting myself over a bloodsucker the first time i met it...at night...in a building...with a flashlight on, jumped right into my screen...good times, good times.

I've never played Clear Sky but Shadow of Chernobyl and Pripyat are both awesome games. Make sure you get STALKER Complete mod for the first game.

And ya your first introduction to the bloodsuckers is NOT COOL.

"Lets introduce the player to an invisible enemy that melees you to death, put the first encounter with this creature in a dark, claustrophobic factory and then laugh maniacally. Also, just to be an asshole, lets throw a telekinetic monster in the end that totally fucks you up and walks towards you slowly like it knows it doesn't need to hurry to fuck your shit up."

Man, Stalker was just effing amazing. What a game! Atmosphere was just superb. That's how DARK is supposed to be. Dare say it even beats FO1, and that is quite a feat! Especially... (spoilers ahead!)

The first time I entered this bunker, and there was a unique monster there that was invisible and messed with your mind. I died the first time I saw it, and didn't even realise it had killed me, my screen went blurry like I was going insane and I was dead the next moment. Along the same path, another bunker deep beneath a warehouse or something, and you think its empty until boxes start flying at random, and its TOTALLY dark... there's again, some invisible spirit monster things in there.... not to mention the forest, which I went into before I was supposed to, only to be chased down by imaginary nightmare dogs, that actually kill you... man what a game!

I've never played Clear Sky but Shadow of Chernobyl and Pripyat are both awesome games. Make sure you get STALKER Complete mod for the first game.

And ya your first introduction to the bloodsuckers is NOT COOL.

"Lets introduce the player to an invisible enemy that melees you to death, put the first encounter with this creature in a dark, claustrophobic factory and then laugh maniacally. Also, just to be an asshole, lets throw a telekinetic monster in the end that totally fucks you up and walks towards you slowly like it knows it doesn't need to hurry to fuck your shit up."

Yeah, you just see a pair of glowing balls(eyes) running arround in the dark frantically, they dissapear and suddenly its right before you...made me jump out of my chair a few times.

I havent played many fps, because as i said i dont like fps games and from the trailers i usualy see, they are always full of shiny boom that shiny boom this, liters of blood...but stalker is pure atmosphere, i think thats why i loved it so much.

I remember playing SoC with a few mods, but cant remember if the complete mod was part of them...i guess i should recheck.

Love the STALKER games. Been back to them many times.... although I would not bother with Clear Sky. Just my tuppence that. Depends how cheap you can get it. :)

Something about that decayed USSR architecture that makes it all the more spine chilling.

All I've ever played is Shadow of Chernobyl, but damn did I play the fuck out of it. XD Like others, I'll go ahead and recommend the stalker complete mod. Really does make it top notch.

But, what I did do, after beating the game once, is switch over to the "Super mod pack" for it.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/super-mod-pack

Unfortunately, even though they haven't actually said it's dead... it's dead. At least it seems to be. Shame really. Hoped so much for 2.5 to be released  always seemed like it was right around the corner. But still, 2.4 adds a fuck ton to the game, if you just want to fuck around in a Russian apocalyptic wasteland! Guns, driving, choosing your faction, all sorts of stuff.

I don't remember what this mod was called but it was for Pripyat and it was basically one of those overhaul mods, makes you slower (soda / pop gives you a boost), less ammo, stronger enemies, radiation more deadly, etc and it really added to the game. It was a lot harder but that made it a lot scarier and in turn a lot more fun to be had. I will have to find that again sometime.

Hahaha this just reminded me, when I bought STALKER 1, I had no idea about this series, I saw it on Steam...for $2.50. Yes that is right, 2 dollars and 50 cents. I bought it thinking "What the hell it's $2 fucking dollars I pay that for supper everyday.". Little did I know this would probably be the best $2.50 I ever spent. Amazing games all around, kicks the SHIT out of Fallout 3 in every way.

$2.50 for this awesome game!? It's a crime I tell ya!

I would have gladly paid a hundred bucks for this effing game HAHA.

yeh. its a shame there wont be anymore STALKER games. but atleast we will have a mmo with some of similar stuff and another name.

Finally got around to play it and I must say I'm really enjoying it.

Oh and the bloodsucker everybody keeps mentioning, it killed me like a dozen times lol  :lol:

Dont worry there will be more, if i remember good there is a quest where you have to root out their nest.... :s

Little spoiler, just in case you wouldnt guess :P