Sequences editing

Grubhed

Since there isn't a section for sequences yet, I'm going to ask for help here. I'm trying to mod a sequence that I downloaded some time ago. The sequence works fine in VX. I'm just trying to change the outfits worn and the room textures. My problem is that when I play the saved edited version, the characters do not appear. 

1 hour ago, Grubhed said:

Since there isn't a section for sequences yet, I'm going to ask for help here. I'm trying to mod a sequence that I downloaded some time ago. The sequence works fine in VX. I'm just trying to change the outfits worn and the room textures. My problem is that when I play the saved edited version, the characters do not appear. 

The downloaded sequences are not editable that simple.You need to extract the poses  into the save folder or poses folder sadly i forgot in which one then edit the squence and save.Thats how i did it long time ago with a downloaded sequence i altered.

18 hours ago, Grubhed said:

Ah! Editing a sequence you downloaded from someone else can be tricky b/c once published, it looks for all poses to be in the sequence's "Community\Sequencer\Sequence - 000x" folder, and as soon as you resave the sequence, the paths all change to your "PoseEdit" & "Save" folders. You can move the pose files up & out to the "PoseEdit" or "Save" folders, but then you will have to redo EVERY pose as the links will all be broken (and any timing or settings applied to them are lost.)

I think I remember once extracting the *.sq file (it's [bsb] encoded) and replaced all the paths, but I could not recompress back to "*.sq" format so it still worked. :(