About Sound mod

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

You guys still here? lmao

First instance was using lnk_reshuffle to extract CHAR_VOICE.l1g files from the Asset Browser.

You can use doa_snd to extract the .l1g files as .ogg files. This does not include in-game combat voices, though; only intro, outro, defeat, and tag throw lines. That's what I'm trying to find now.

Similarly, you can also find SOUND.xws files in lnk_reshuffle. These contain audio files as well, however, I have not yet found a way to properly extract them. I can safely assume these SOUND.XWS files are what I'm looking for.

Doa_snd tool crashes when applying the xws files within either DATA folders.

I found some threads from forums related to the topic. Of course, there is one relating to Ninja Gaiden Master Collection, the others are from FreeStepDodge and "Tapatalk." Trying my hardest to figure out a way to extract these damned .xws files. Apparently, they are the equivalent to .xma2 files. 

Once that's figured out, then the next step would be properly repacking the contents of those files.

Here are my sources.

Voice/Sound/Music Mod Release - Sfxt Mods (tapatalk.com)

Sound mods | Free Step Dodge

Edited by TheEtherealAll