Outfit Studio 5.2.0 - Reference Shape gets deselected when saving project

Title basically says it all.

I noticed when I started converting lazman's female outfits to FG 1.75 but it might have started before that.

When I replace the reference body in an Outfit Studio project then after I save the project and reload it one of 2 things happens:

If the project has hands then the hands are preselected as reference instead of the body.

If the project doesn't include hands then nothing is set as reference.

It's not a deal breaker obviously but it's slightly irritating and I don't know why this information gets lost between saving and reloading.

addendum:

It only happens when loading Fusion Girl (both 1.45 and 1.75) as new reference body. CBBE stays marked as reference on project save.

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

I noticed when I started converting lazman's female outfits to FG 1.75 but it might have started before that.

When I replace the reference body in an Outfit Studio project then after I save the project and reload it one of 2 things happens:

If the project has hands then the hands are preselected as reference instead of the body.

It's not a deal breaker obviously but it's slightly irritating and I don't know why this information gets lost between saving and reloading.

addendum:

It only happens when loading Fusion Girl (both 1.45 and 1.75) as new reference body. CBBE stays marked as reference on project save.

I'm still trying to figure out Outfit Studio, but wouldn't you need to delete the bones BEFORE changing the reference body?

:exclamation:

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

addendum:

I dont think this will result in problems

11 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

I'm still trying to figure out Outfit Studio, but wouldn't you need to delete the bones BEFORE changing the reference body?

:exclamation:

I already answered you, first you delete all bones from project, then you load fg1.75 , and now you have only fg 1.75 bones in project

Or don't delete bones before loading the new reference but afterwards. Select the new reference body in the meshes tab, switch to the bone tab and then search for the ones that aren't highlighted in green color. Delete those from the project.

Then go back to the meshes tab, select all the outfit shapes but not the body,

again switch back to the bones tab, select the bones that are not green ... or those where adding weight paint to the outfits makes sense or which were newly added to Fusion Girl (like the cbp breast and butt bones 3 and 4) ...

switch back to meshes again, rightclick one of the selected outfits and 'copy selected weights'.

Then all weight paints should be ok.

Just deleting the bones before adding the new body reference works too of course but I don't want to lose weight paints on outfits if I can avoid it. Someone might have finetuned those (unlikely though).

26 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Or don't delete bones before loading the new reference but afterwards. Select the new reference body in the meshes tab, switch to the bone tab and then search for the ones that aren't highlighted in green color. Delete those from the project.

Then go back to the meshes tab, select all the outfit shapes but not the body,

again switch back to the bones tab, select the bones that are not green ... or those where adding weight paint to the outfits makes sense or which were newly added to Fusion Girl (like the cbp breast and butt bones 3 and 4) ...

switch back to meshes again, rightclick one of the selected outfits and 'copy selected weights'.

Then all weight paints should be ok.

Just deleting the bones before adding the new body reference works too of course but I don't want to lose weight paints on outfits if I can avoid it. Someone might have finetuned those (unlikely though).

Ok, now THIS is the kind of info I've been looking for. Thank you!

:thumbsup:

On 11/7/2020 at 5:09 AM, Bazinga said:

@VonHelton

One small addition to the first part of those instructions though:

If the outfit has hands included also select those when you select the body.

That or ignore the fingers when deleting the bones that are not 'greenlit'.

So if I delete the bones beforehand, I will get massive clipping?

Only delete the green bones & not the grey ones?

:neutral:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 4:00 PM, VonHelton said:

So if I delete the bones beforehand, I will get massive clipping?

Only delete the green bones & not the grey ones?

:neutral:

Sorry for replying so late, I didn't follow this topic.

regarding your first question:

You can as well delete all the bones and then load the new reference. Then copy all bone weights to the outfit meshes. Indarello is right about that. I just prefer to keep weight paints on outfits if possible. The author who made or converted these outfits might have finetuned them.

Example: While I'm converting lazman's outfits to FG 1.7 I look for rigid items like knifes and guns and try to give the whole mesh one single weight paint for the bones they are affected by. I definitely don't want a gun that's holstered at the leg to deform elastically when affected by thigh or butt bone jiggling from OCBP.

And if you do it my way then only delete the grey bones after selecting the body and hands (if the project has hands included). The idea is to check which bones are included in the new Fusion Girl body and which are not.

Delete those from the project that the new FG version doesn't have weight paints for, these are grey.

7 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Sorry for replying so late, I didn't follow this topic.

regarding your first question:

You can as well delete all the bones and then load the new reference. Then copy all bone weights to the outfit meshes. Indarello is right about that. I just prefer to keep weight paints on outfits if possible. The author who made or converted these outfits might have finetuned them.

Example: While I'm converting lazman's outfits to FG 1.7 I look for rigid items like knifes and guns and try to give the whole mesh one single weight paint for the bones they are affected by. I definitely don't want a gun that's holstered at the leg to deform elastically when affected by thigh or butt bone jiggling from OCBP.

And if you do it my way then only delete the grey bones after selecting the body and hands (if the project has hands included). The idea is to check which bones are included in the new Fusion Girl body and which are not.

Delete those from the project that the new FG version doesn't have weight paints for, these are grey.

Rgr that......Thanks alot! There's not alot of info out there about this stuff in easy to follow instructions.

:thumbsup: