Whats crashing me

CocoaButter

Is there some log file or way to tell what ran when i crashed? or what hanged me up before it stoped working?

IF BELOW IS AGAINT THE RULES I WILL REMOVE IT!!!! just let me know

Also, im looking for a nocd.. but i dont trust many sources. My game is legit, i just need a nocd for it because my optical drive is slowly dieng, and i dont want it to die with the CD inside. or a part come loose and scratch my cd. Also, i dont want to make an ISO and use that to mount and run because i dont wanna kill my system mem ory. Thats reserved for oblivion :P

No-DVD .exes are notorious for making Oblivion crash. So I wouldn't recommend it.

Make sure your game is officially patched with latest patch and the Unofficial Oblivion Patch from tesnexus.

Numerous things could be crashing you. You mention being scared of losing system memory from creating and ISO... if you're that worried, then that's what is probably crashing you... I would definitely make an .ISO file before trying to get a no-dvd exe.

Try cleaning up, uninstzlling unneeded programs and defragging - also make sure to grab the stutter fix from nexus as well.

After all that, make sure latest stable drivers are installed and you could always use CFF Explorer to make the Oblivion .exe use more than 2gb address space (if you have over 2gb ram)

So, i went and downloaded the stutter fix, and that alone has taken care of 99.9% of my crashing. I dont even get stutter.. when i do, its only for a second (if that),and only directly after a heavy loading.. like.. a long wait or travel. Thank you so much for bringing this rock of golden crack into my life. lol

Archived