help with body texture issue

tmzy24

i had posted this question in mg but i didnt get chance to see if i had reply before mg went down. thought this was a hook5 issue but now i dont think it. basically im trying to use custom skins. everything is set to 1x but for some reason my characters head has different texture to rest of body or i have black mark on face. 4x body skins work fine. the pics below are 2 different custom bodiy skins and this happens to all models in my game when i try to use 1x custom bodyskins on them. thanks in advance930434102_help2.png.c9afbcdce5befc6aeae7d56e70714b7c.png

help.png

23 minutes ago, _RD_ said:

It looks like you've still got 4X Head textures in your 1X skins - I think the black patch is what should be a hairline.  The head texture should be 512 x 512.

Maybe worth checking.

thats just it they are. here is a pic with just base texture game came with so u can see why i dont think its a custom skin issue

help 3.png

4 hours ago, hdiddy said:

Can you post a screen shot of your models skin settings in customizer and a screenshot of the files in that specific skin folder. That may help us understand what the problem is.

Also are you using the 4x enablement mod?

i will do tomorrow. and i will check the filename tomorrow. i am using 4x enablement mod as i have 4x body skins which work fine. i tried to c if i removed the 4x mod if that would fix the 1x skins issue but no joy.

20 hours ago, boomshanka said:

Seconded: mixed resolution problem there. I'd check the sizes of all your female_white_head.png files. 

Also check the filename conventions. VX uses new ones: "female_white_head", "female_white_body" etc or 1x. For 4x they should be "mod_female_white_xxxxxx".

If they're not used this is the sort of thing that happens.

how can you check file conventions on the default skin textures that the game come with. as in the pic above your post is just default skin. thats why i dont think its a customskin issue. i have default body and default face (no replacer body or face). so in theory shouldn't be getting a black face. never tampered with any game files. only downloaded game updates which i have reverted back to older version to see if latest update was the cause. i was on vx p now im on vx k

I've had this  long time ago but idk what it causes.I know it was an addon.

Try to deactivate all addons and see if it happens also without any mod active.

If the problem is gone after deactivation of all addons reactivate the addons one after one and see after which addon the problem appears again.

i figured out about the black on face. i stupidly somehow managed to put head .png in activemod not in a folder. but now i just have stock 1x face on all 1x body textures and still have problem with hats and glasses. will do as you suggest daspex and see. UPDATE fixed the hats and glasses issue i removed few mods from addons at a time and now thats fine so it was unrelated to face itself

Screenshot (1).png

6 minutes ago, boomshanka said:

Ah so you're using the H5 skin system? That's where I duck out I'm afraid. That system is hugely confusing and largely broken. I'd advise that you don't use it

yes im using h5 skin but its happening to all 1x skins not just h5. i just about got the idea on how to edit it to how i would like it. once i fix this 1x issue

im at a complete loss now. i have removed all addons that i think might block textures from appearing on head. checked for anymore loose stuff on bottom of my activemod folder. removed 4x enablement mod just incase but still have no textures on head on all 1x textures on all models. male/shemale and female. body works but not head. anyone has any ideas what else could cause this problem

Hi tmzy24, the hook5 skin system works perfect, it's just a matter of configuration. I would recommend installing VX anew and only load the 4x skin enabler mod. Just change the folder name of your VX installation to something different to keep it save from being overwritten. If you take a look at the files inside the 4X mod archive you can see that the body, head, hands, genital and feet textures have a mod_ prefix which means that you have to use this prefix with custom skins too and with any 4X skin that you want to use in an ActiveMod folder. This means for example mod_female_white_body.png and to use it with hook5 you have to use a mod_female_white_body_pass.txt. The 4X textures have four times the size of the original textures. So for the head that would be 2048x2048 pixels. You have to choose the 4x body and face option in the VX Customizer menu too. After that reload the room and sometimes you have to hit Alt+R to reload the textures. The _skin_definition file.txt hold information for your custom skin that you want to load within the game when opening the hook5 menu with F4. Under [skin_data_file] the name of the data file has to be the same as the Custom skin file. In your case under [skin_data_file] use the name = _skin_young.txt. Don't forget to use .txt as I can see from your picture that you didn't enable the option to show the file extensions in the Windows Explorer.

In your _skin_young.txt the first entry should be

[SkinGeneral] followed by

Parts = SkinBody, SkinFeet, SkinGenit, SkinHand, SkinHead

Now switch to the mod_Female_White_Head_pass.txt that should also be in the same folder of your _skin_definition.txt and _skin_young.txt.

[pass] should be followed by

name = CustomSkin -> that is the shader for the skin.

skin_data_layers = SkinHead -> that is the line referencing the head in the Parts = ... line in the _skin_young.txt mentioned above. This way hook5 can use the data stored in the _skin_young.txt for the layers that you create ingame with the custom skin menu.

I hope that helps. There is also a CustomSkin installation tutorial in the hook5 help section.

6 minutes ago, Titanoboa Serpentes said:

Hi tmzy24, the hook5 skin system works perfect, it's just a matter of configuration. I would recommend installing VX anew and only load the 4x skin enabler mod. Just change the folder name of your VX installation to something different to keep it save from being overwritten. If you take a look at the files inside the 4X mod archive you can see that the body, head, hands, genital and feet textures have a mod_ prefix which means that you have to use this prefix with custom skins too and with any 4X skin that you want to use in an ActiveMod folder. This means for example mod_female_white_body.png and to use it with hook5 you have to use a mod_female_white_body_pass.txt. The 4X textures have four times the size of the original textures. So for the head that would be 2048x2048 pixels. You have to choose the 4x body and face option in the VX Customizer menu too. After that reload the room and sometimes you have to hit Alt+R to reload the textures. The _skin_definition file.txt hold information for your custom skin that you want to load within the game when opening the hook5 menu with F4. Under [skin_data_file] the name of the data file has to be the same as the Custom skin file. In your case under [skin_data_file] use the name = _skin_young.txt. Don't forget to use .txt as I can see from your picture that you didn't enable the option to show the file extensions in the Windows Explorer.

In your _skin_young.txt the first entry should be

[SkinGeneral] followed by

Parts = SkinBody, SkinFeet, SkinGenit, SkinHand, SkinHead

Now switch to the mod_Female_White_Head_pass.txt that should also be in the same folder of your _skin_definition.txt and _skin_young.txt.

[pass] should be followed by

name = CustomSkin -> that is the shader for the skin.

skin_data_layers = SkinHead -> that is the line referencing the head in the Parts = ... line in the _skin_young.txt mentioned above. This way hook5 can use the data stored in the _skin_young.txt for the layers that you create ingame with the custom skin menu.

I hope that helps. There is also a CustomSkin installation tutorial in the hook5 help section.

That's one option. However the easier option if using the 4x enabler mod is to simply default your model to 1x, and then choose your skins accordingly. That way you don't have to worry about texture prefixes.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:11 AM, boomshanka said:

Ah so you're using the H5 skin system? That's where I duck out I'm afraid. That system is hugely confusing and largely broken. I'd advise that you don't use it

Are you still having issues? PM me if you need some more help.

@hdiddy. Hi thanks for the input. Haven't changed my skins for a long time. I thought that the 4X enabler mod's textures would only be used ingame when activating the 4x option in the customizer. Or did you mean using CustomSkins though the hook5 menu and leaving the skin options to 1x time in the Customizer without using the 4x enabler mod textures ?

By the way wasn't the head accessory issue caused by the hairsizer mod for 7.5 ?

37 minutes ago, Titanoboa Serpentes said:

@hdiddy. Hi thanks for the input. Haven't changed my skins for a long time. I thought that the 4X enabler mod's textures would only be used ingame when activating the 4x option in the customizer. Or did you mean using CustomSkins though the hook5 menu and leaving the skin options to 1x time in the Customizer without using the 4x enabler mod textures ?

By the way wasn't the head accessory issue caused by the hairsizer mod for 7.5 ?

The 4X enabler mod, while having other benefits, for the purpose of Hook 5 Skins is used to default the model to only use 1X Skins.  For me it was just simpler that way as I exclusively use Customizable Skins.  I basically copy the same skin basic folder for every model and modify the Skin Definition file with the details.  But whatever works for you

12 minutes ago, hdiddy said:

The 4X enabler mod, while having other benefits, for the purpose of Hook 5 Skins is used to default the model to only use 1X Skins.  For me it was just simpler that way as I exclusively use Customizable Skins.  I basically copy the same skin basic folder for every model and modify the Skin Definition file with the details.  But whatever works for you

Thanks. I never really used it myself because I use only use hook5 skins too. By the way thank you for creating this club !

sorry another quick question guys i know this isn't related to the topic i started but just wondering if you can use body mod without body addon being applied. probs a noob question but never did find out lol. as you can see face is fixed now though1298509221_Screenshot(6).png.c69728bf9f5bf46ce5aa84178802038d.png