9 hours ago, Apex-Fox said:

Just the elfs have a weird human wolf mesh combo and the others like imperials have wolf heads, but there bodies are human and there hands and feet are invisible, I installed yiffage and all its requirements then installed SAM, then your mod.

make sure YA is below everything that changes bodies, make sure the yiffy age consolidated esp loads as late in your load order as possible. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Vale. Have you checked out the Male Bodyslide mesh? It's similar to SAM in terms of shape and UV layout but with bodyslide functionality and optional inbuilt support for SOS. Your textures are nearly compatible save for a few seam issues. I was hopeful I could use the fuzzy textures in conjuction with the SOS compatible SMMB mesh so that I could keep using BD's SOS meshes, but alas.

If I had any clue about how to texture edit I'd fix it myself but that's not exactly my strong suit so I don't really know how difficult a fix this is. If you get the time would you be able to take a look and see what you think? Thanks

On 12/13/2020 at 2:02 PM, Quilldude said:

Hi there! I have a question. Is there a possibility to have this texture version as a standalone for Lykaios / Base Khajiit only? Mainly thinking since i absolutely love this texture/fix but i do not wanna use YA

You can easily do that by copying the Nord race textures into the Lykaios standalone race texture folder.

I've currently got an issue with this, I feel like I've done something incorrectly.

I've installed all the relevant Sam Light mods (At least I assume so) and then added YA and this patch on top. The models themselves look fine, but it's the schlong that's the issue-- I opted to stick with the humanoid one and the model is there and HDT works appropriately, but the textures around the schlongs look incorrect and bland. I'm not sure what the issue is... I did mistakenly install SoS for SAM-- I'm wondering if I wasn't meant to do that.

There's also an issue of the texture clipping awkwardly around the upper thigh and I'm not sure why. Any insight would be appreciated.

hm.png

I've currently got an issue with this, I feel like I've done something incorrectly.

I've installed all the relevant Sam Light mods (At least I assume so) and then added YA and this patch on top. The models themselves look fine, but it's the schlong that's the issue-- I opted to stick with the humanoid one and the model is there and HDT works appropriately, but the textures around the schlongs look incorrect and bland. I'm not sure what the issue is... I did mistakenly install SoS for SAM-- I'm wondering if I wasn't meant to do that.

There's also an issue of the texture clipping awkwardly around the upper thigh and I'm not sure why. Any insight would be appreciated.

hm.png

Clipping is something we are working on, and is still a WIP to make it look completely smooth.  For the argonian, I dont touch their textures at all so it should not be on me, id try using the Masculine Argonian textures for SAM found on the VP site. 

Very cool stuff! I appreciate your efforts to combine YA and SAM, I think it's a match made in heaven. Seeing different kinds of schlongs fitted to SAM is especially cool, I've been hoping someone would do that for years.

Thanks its still a WIP but I am working on it!  Also I think I know (of) you from twitter. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 7:51 AM, Boilet123 said:

hm.png

I found that the people that made this patch accidentally made it work better with SMMB body than SAM. I've seen issues like this with this mod and SAM Lite, but none of these issues with SMMB, which is basically the SAM body with more features, built-in SOS, and works out of the box with belly modifying mods.

1 hour ago, vinceagashi said:

I found that the people that made this patch accidentally made it work better with SMMB body than SAM. I've seen issues like this with this mod and SAM Lite, but none of these issues with SMMB, which is basically the SAM body with more features, built-in SOS, and works out of the box with belly modifying mods.

SAM seems to be stuck in a perpetual limbo of being half-ported to SSE since Vectorplexus doesn't appear to be interested in finishing it. SMMB definitely seems like the way forward since it has much more versatility and compatibility.

It has a problem though, so far no-one has made an extensive non-vanilla shaped armor/clothes mod for that body type, which is not a trivial task since it is the first male body to support bodyslide. I saw a commenter under Bad Dog's clothes mod that said they were working on an SMMB conversion for it, but whether that will materialise is anyone's guess.

I don't really have a clue how to use Outfit Studio either so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 hours ago, Frosferes said:

SAM seems to be stuck in a perpetual limbo of being half-ported to SSE since Vectorplexus doesn't appear to be interested in finishing it. SMMB definitely seems like the way forward since it has much more versatility and compatibility.

It has a problem though, so far no-one has made an extensive non-vanilla shaped armor/clothes mod for that body type, which is not a trivial task since it is the first male body to support bodyslide. I saw a commenter under Bad Dog's clothes mod that said they were working on an SMMB conversion for it, but whether that will materialise is anyone's guess.

I don't really have a clue how to use Outfit Studio either so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm in the exact same boat and I know the guy youre talking about. If the Bad Dog clothes mod gets converted to SMMB my life will be complete.

On 1/3/2021 at 10:21 AM, Frosferes said:

Lack of interest for most people to re-make textures, and every mention of SMMB on reddit is met  with "They stole the SAM Body and put it behind a paywall! (Which it isn't)" ?Modding in skyrim is like walking through No Man's Land during WW1.

5 hours ago, Alatos1 said:

k

Well, that was fast

4 hours ago, MonVert said:

Lack of interest for most people to re-make textures, and every mention of SMMB on reddit is met  with "They stole the SAM Body and put it behind a paywall! (Which it isn't)" ?Modding in skyrim is like walking through No Man's Land during WW1.

What paywall? Why does reddit always have to ruin everything smh. Reminds me of the distar situation where he threw a tantrum and went scorched earth over mean reddit comments.

When you talk about remaking textures, doesn't SMMB use the same UV layout as SAM? Textures developed for SAM should be compatible, no?

5 hours ago, Frosferes said:

Well, that was fast

What paywall? Why does reddit always have to ruin everything smh. Reminds me of the distar situation where he threw a tantrum and went scorched earth over mean reddit comments.

When you talk about remaking textures, doesn't SMMB use the same UV layout as SAM? Textures developed for SAM should be compatible, no?

I mean for the rest of Bad Dog's anthro races., and the selachii.

Doesn't make much sense to install a body when it will bust half your other races, you know? ?

1 hour ago, MonVert said:

I mean for the rest of Bad Dog's anthro races., and the selachii.

Doesn't make much sense to install a body when it will bust half your other races, you know? ?

Fair enough. I don't use any other races than base YA so that doesn't affect me thankfully.

On 1/12/2021 at 3:34 AM, myshoefelloff said:

Can someone link a video on how to properly install? >.>

There isn't a video on installing this mod specifically. If you're new to Skyrim modding you should first familiarise yourself with one of the available mod management tools since they're significantly less headache inducing than trying to install mods manually. If you're wondering which one to go for I think it's fair to say that most people on this site including myself would recommend Mod Organiser 2. There are tutorials to get you started with the software on youtube.