On 5/30/2021 at 8:50 AM, Larrydd said:

I found the answer which I hope is right I found the id of the key and made a replica, is that the right way

I'm sorry, which key to what? The investigation chest in the Arcanaeum?  Normally it is found in the Midden. If it is already in your inventory, then it skips to the next part of the quest. If you picked up the key and put it in another chest, honestly I'm not sure what happens then. Just use console commands to give yourself the investigation key, like it sounds like you did. Thanks!

Edited by Mechanist_SF
On 5/30/2021 at 8:22 AM, Larrydd said:

a question if someone does not mind I have the key (been to the trench)when I fit it it works great,but how do I pass a ring onto my follower as there are no spare ones am I missing something.many thanks

Okay, there are more rings in Velehk Sains chest. Also, if you do Japhets folly, you will get a need ring replica, which you can disenchant, and put the skinny dip enchantment on any gear. Finally, if you get the sex party spell book, it places the effect on the player and any character nearby. 

• 2 weeks later...

The ring doesn't seem to remove any arrows that are equipped. Here are links to a couple of mods that have the code for removing all arrow types in Skyrim. As far as I know both are under creative commons. Could you add this to remove equipped arrows as well when entering water?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, darkninjawolf64 said:

Is there a way to make this mod work for npcs too? I don't want to be the only one taking off clothes when I swim.

Yes, many ways.  Any NPC that has the Nereid Ring equipped will strip in the water.  If you disenchant the Nereid Ring Replica, you can place the enchantment on nearly any wearable item, and give that to an NPC to wear.  If you cast the spell Skinny-dip Sex Party, all NPC's nearby will be affected and strip on contact with water.

I am assuming most people use AddItemMenu to get the equipment for this mod, but if you are doing the quest, multiple Nereid Rings can be found in Velehk Sain's chest.  The Nereid Ring Replica can be found on Haldyn's enchanting table at Japhet's Folly (unless you did that quest already, then it will be in the East Empire office in Windhelm), either that or you can pickpocket one from Sybille Stentor.  Copies of the spell book for Skinny-Dip Sex Party can be found at the Hunter's Camp, the one west of Eldergleam Sanctuary.

Enjoy!

8 hours ago, NicoleDragoness said:

Better they simply have it into their inventories, like it is a simple token. Some equipped things could interfere with many mods about outfits, BDSM and so on. 

Not a bad idea, just that, one, it would be hard to unequip it if you don't want the effect, and two--is there any item in Skyrim that confers an enchantment benefit without being equipped?  The engine doesn't easily support it, I don't think. 

If you learn the enchantment, you could put it on most worn items, and if there is no slot at all where there is room, there is still the spell.

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2023 at 1:26 PM, Chlodwig said:

To get it right

There is no MCM Menu and to make this work I have to equip an item with the spell enchanted on it?

And when I stand in water the game will unequip my character and start looking for a SL Scene to play depending on who is around in the water?

Technically it is the effected NPCs who initiate sex, which sometimes includes the player.  If it is just the player effected, no sex will happen. 

There are at least couple area of effect spells that place the effect on anyone nearby, "Sex Party" probably being the easiest. 

• 1 month later...

I tested it and everytime I enter water the player unequips and starts to masturbate if i just stand a second still,

so no nude swiming or random sex scene.

If I give the item to followers they undess in water but no sex scene when I equipp additionaly an Item to my charcter the same as above happens

directly undress and masturbating no chance for nude swimming or sex scene with other characters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 6:34 PM, meatstroke said:

What about an object you could drop from your inventory to 'mark' an area as a place where actors could skinny dip? Sure, they might disappear if they reset, but that can be circumvented by just making them really cheap or even free to craft.

I haven't modded or played Skyrim for over a year, so at this point such a thing would be for others to do. But as a thought experiment, can you think of any inventory item in the game that has an area magic effect, if left on the ground, like a totem in WoW?  You can add volumes to the world where if one enters it, magic effects could be added, but those are fixed objects in tbe world. If an inventory item exists that places a magic effect on anything that comes nearby, let me know. I'm also wondering what is the benefit of doing it that way, versus casting a spell or wearing an item as done now?

The spell Skinny-dip Sex Party is like your proposed item, just that an AoE spell is cast that affects everyone nearby, rather than dropping an item on the ground which does the same thing. 

Not a bad suggestion, I'm just not sure if it could be done, and cannot be done by me at this point. 

On 2/18/2023 at 4:25 AM, Chlodwig said:

I tested it and everytime I enter water the player unequips and starts to masturbate if i just stand a second still,

so no nude swiming or random sex scene.

If I give the item to followers they undess in water but no sex scene when I equipp additionaly an Item to my charcter the same as above happens

directly undress and masturbating no chance for nude swimming or sex scene with other characters.

Sorry for the delayed reply. If you are using the Crown of the Neried Queen, that stops the wearer from participating in sex, but occasionally they will masterbate.  Use anything BUT that (ring, spell, enchanted item) and it should work as stated.  The Crown is there for observation purposes, to watch others go at it without being drawn in. 

Also, the Crown does not add the Skinny-dip effect, but it can still be added by rings, while wearing the Crown. The Crown and the Staff were added late in the development of the mod, and are ancillary items, and not what the player should mainly be using. If I were still developing the mod I could add a notification which alerts a new user that the Crown is not a skinny dip item, but those days are long past. 

Edited by Mechanist_SF

To clarify the use of the Crown of the Neried Queen, it was designed to be used in conjunction with the Neried Ring, and the Staff of the Neried Queen. The Crown mainly blocks the player from participating in sex. It also blocks skinny dip spells from acting on the player, but enchantments will still work. The staff can make everyone around the player Skinny-dip, while the player is unaffected if wearing the Crown. If the player wears the ring too, with the Crown, they still strip in the water but don't engage in sex.  This was added so the player can observe others going at it, without participating. 

So:

Ring alone: wearer skinny dips. Sex might happen but requires a nearby NPC to be skinny dipping as well.

Crown alone: nothing happens except the wearer occasionally masturbates.

Staff alone: allows targeted groups to start Skinny-dipping. If the player is within range, they are affected too. 

Staff+Crown: NPCs skinny dip and have sex, but the player does neither. 

Crown+Ring: player skinny dips, but no sex. 

Ring+Staff: player skinny dips, can make others skinny dip, and everyone has sex.

Ring+Staff+Crown: player skinny dips, no sex, and other NPCs will skinny dip too and they do have sex.

20 hours ago, Mechanist_SF said:

I haven't modded or played Skyrim for over a year, so at this point such a thing would be for others to do. But as a thought experiment, can you think of any inventory item in the game that has an area magic effect, if left on the ground, like a totem in WoW?  You can add volumes to the world where if one enters it, magic effects could be added, but those are fixed objects in tbe world. If an inventory item exists that places a magic effect on anything that comes nearby, let me know. I'm also wondering what is the benefit of doing it that way, versus casting a spell or wearing an item as done now?

The spell Skinny-dip Sex Party is like your proposed item, just that an AoE spell is cast that affects everyone nearby, rather than dropping an item on the ground which does the same thing. 

Not a bad suggestion, I'm just not sure if it could be done, and cannot be done by me at this point. 

Kind of; there are mods where dropping an item spawns an NPC from that item. I could see an invisible NPC spawning that has a cloak spell for the desired effect, with the NPC set to either de-spawn or die after a certain amount of time so as to avoid save bloat.

And the only benefit I could see is if it's a place with a large amount of NPCs present, so that you don't have to give each one of them rings one by one or have to hit them all with the staff spell.

2 hours ago, meatstroke said:

Kind of; there are mods where dropping an item spawns an NPC from that item. I could see an invisible NPC spawning that has a cloak spell for the desired effect, with the NPC set to either de-spawn or die after a certain amount of time so as to avoid save bloat.

And the only benefit I could see is if it's a place with a large amount of NPCs present, so that you don't have to give each one of them rings one by one or have to hit them all with the staff 

Dropping an inventory item could cast an area of effect spell but that would be instantaneous. The item could cast multiple area of effect spells over time, like every second, that would be kind of like a volume.  Yeah, that could be done and it would probably work ok, it would just not be a standing volume that triggers on entry, but it would work and not be that hard.  If it were still modding I could probably do such an item in a day. 

The sex party spell has at least a medium area of effect centered on the player, and it would not be hard to mod it so it has a larger one. If you draw the staff while wearing the crown, it casts a very wide effect, pretty much every NPC and creature in the cell will get the skinny dip effect, just that, if you saw my last couple posts, I'm a little leery of recommending the crown at this point. ;) ;)